Mach 1 making more power than the DH

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I sure agree with your sentiment but I believe 2022 was the next to the last year. Pretty much same car I’m sure.
True, I meant to say near the end of its run.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So
QUOTE="2021 Mach 1, post: 3864127, member: 63703"]
The bottom line is that the Mach 1 is a world-class performance car that even the new Dark Horse can't compete with.
With the exception of the assembly/paint quality control which I sadly, at this point have come to begrudgingly accept, I’d agree with you.
[/QUOTE]
In Flat Rock, there's actually a guy on the assembly line with a screwdriver 🪛 who puts in the paintwork modifications for each car.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
The Dark Horse is a colossal disappointment. Over priced, overweight, underwhelming. The effort that companies and social media influencers are going to, to sell parts or tell you it's NOT a turd should tell you something.

If you have to remove interior pieces of a $70k car to keep pace with the outgoing model that cost over 20% less...you have a remarkablely poor product.
We are reliving the begining of the end, just like those in 1971/2 did. They lost performance because of emisions (epa) and the 2022 it(epa) stared slowly to creep in, and 2024/5 will be a reboot of 1971/72 and go downhill from there.
The D/H might look like a dud now, but by 2026 is might look like a hero of the s650's

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
In Flat Rock, there's actually a guy on the assembly line with a screwdriver 🪛 who puts in the paintwork modifications for each car
Maybe the new contract can stipulate that the qa team must wear glasses, keep their eyes open, and drink just orange juice with no vodka chaser in their thermos bottles.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10/23 Mach1 A10/23 Mach1 6MT/24 GT A10
So
With the exception of the assembly/paint quality control which I sadly, at this point have come to begrudgingly accept, I’d agree with you.
In Flat Rock, there's actually a guy on the assembly line with a screwdriver 🪛 who puts in the paintwork modifications for each car.
[/
QUOTE]

If you’re being serious (cant tell) could you please explain what you mean? I don’t understand what is meant by “puts in the paintwork modifications“.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
[/
QUOTE]

If you’re being serious (cant tell) could you please explain what you mean? I don’t understand what is meant by “puts in the paintwork modifications“.
Flat Rock has such bad build quality that I was joking that they intentionally damage all cars paintwork.

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
For $hits and giggles, I built a DH Premium with the carbon fiber wheels (must select premium to get that option) which also requires the handling package. With the 10R80, it’s $81k which is getting into used GT500 territory without the GT500 performance. That’s before guzzler tax and any dealer markups too. Just under $80k with the Tremec.
I'll keep my 20 Bullitt

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I'll keep my 20 Bullitt
If it had not been for the wheels and the faux gaz cap that I can't stomach, I would have very much like to get a Bullit. Instead, I procrastinated for 2 years and had to pay 10k more for a M1...

At least that got me the Tremec, the cool fascia, and the Track Attack experience. But not sure if I deserve or will ever make good use of all the cooling upgrades on my own car.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I like the faux gas cap actually. I like the fact that they do things to pay homage to the original even if it doesn’t apply. It’s just cool that they care. I just wish they’d care more whilst assembling and painting them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
If it had not been for the wheels and the faux gaz cap that I can't stomach, I would have very much like to get a Bullit. Instead, I procrastinated for 2 years and had to pay 10k more for a M1...

At least that got me the Tremec, the cool fascia, and the Track Attack experience. But not sure if I deserve or will ever make good use of all the cooling upgrades on my own car.
You could have changed the wheels and the rear decklid on the Bullitt easily. Probably one of the things I liked most about my Bullitt was the looks. It just looked "cool" IMO. I still think about it but I have to say I like my Mach 1 better, as a sports car and to be able to use its capabilities - however, the Bullitt is in my eyes the perfect cruiser.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
I have a feeling Ford is witholding on the DH. Business wise it makes sense. Let the eager early birds grab the first batch and when the interest wanes, release the “Software 2.0” with higher HP. Then later on “Software 3.0”. Its amazing what 5 extra horsepower can do marketing wise.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I have a feeling Ford is witholding on the DH. Business wise it makes sense. Let the eager early birds grab the first batch and when the interest wanes, release the “Software 2.0” with higher HP. Then later on “Software 3.0”. Its amazing what 5 extra horsepower can do marketing wise.
with that ipad dashboard Ford stuck in the DH, I think the groundwork has been laid for hybrid shenanigans…

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously, what more do you realistically need? ICE cars have reached their technological apex.
The only noticable difference could be achieved by turbo- or supercharging it. Or i6 twin-turbo like the others. Or suffer tablets, electric motors and what not. The window of best time to buy the best of the last is slowly closing. I know what I did :muscle:
Sponsored