Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I assume CJPony Parts had a call from Ford's lawyers...........the video has been deleted :lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed::lipssealed:

Probably the best proof that Mach 1 IS coming back :giggle:
Sponsored

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I'd really like to see a 5.2 CPC N/A motor paired with the 10 speed auto and maybe a slightly updated/revised interior and exterior. If they can skip the kitschy retro nonsense and give us a more modern take I'd be in. The Auto and the CPC would be enough to differentiate it from the GT350 so they can all coexist.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'd really like to see a 5.2 CPC N/A motor paired with the 10 speed auto and maybe a slightly updated/revised interior and exterior. If they can skip the kitschy retro nonsense and give us a more modern take I'd be in. The Auto and the CPC would be enough to differentiate it from the GT350 so they can all coexist.
This is exactly what I want.........but I don't want to get my hopes up. A "Bullitt +" is what I'm expecting.....but hopefully Ford will surprise us!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
This is exactly what I want.........but I don't want to get my hopes up. A "Bullitt +" is what I'm expecting.....but hopefully Ford will surprise us!
What color you gettin? :) I would also expect an automatic version, but I also have been wondering if there would be hybridized powertrain in this car. More lower-and mid-range torque.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
What color you gettin? :) I would also expect an automatic version, but I also have been wondering if there would be hybridized powertrain in this car. More lower-and mid-range torque.
If they offer Azure Blue and the 10-speed, my beloved S197 may hit the classifieds :shock:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
If they offer Azure Blue and the 10-speed, my beloved S197 may hit the classifieds :shock:
I need it in race red with red/black interior. I would personally prefer a stick, but given the better performance of the A10 on the strip, I could understand, as long as it is paddles, and not that silly twist knob.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I need it in race red with red/black interior. I would personally prefer a stick, but given the better performance of the A10 on the strip, I could understand, as long as it is paddles, and not that silly twist knob.
With the rumored Tremec from the GT350, a manual Mach 1 should be superb. If the 10-speed is an option, I hope it has the GT500-style aluminium paddles :like:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Honestly lately Mustang shave been higher HP than TQ. I'd like to see an engine that goes back to a more even hp/tq number or higher TQ again. I don't think we've had that since the end of the 4.6L

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
You have two options, for naturally aspirated (well, 3, but the last is not reasonable)

decrease HP output to match torque, bam, both equal, equally bad.

increase engine size, primarily through increased stroke. Not a bad idea, I'd like to see a new 7.03L or 5.75L (429 and 351, respectively)

increase fuel octane ridiculously high and increase the compression. But can no longer buy this gas on the street, as octanes would be higher than Avgas/race fuel.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Honestly lately Mustang shave been higher HP than TQ. I'd like to see an engine that goes back to a more even hp/tq number or higher TQ again.
Higher HP than torque is what happens when you raise an engine's state of tune. Torque remains more or less constant with respect to displacement, so when you tune for more power it comes in at higher rpms where torque is dropping off.

With more equal HP and torque numbers, you end up with less power and a lower-revving engine. More like Chevy's 6.2L LS/LT engines that are factory-capped at around 6500 rpm.

Power-wise, the 4.6's least desirable characteristic is probably its unwillingness to be pushed much past 6000 rpm. HP less than torque even with the FRPP/Bullitt/2010 tune.

Norm

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Higher HP than torque is what happens when you raise an engine's state of tune. Torque remains more or less constant with respect to displacement, so when you tune for more power it comes in at higher rpms where torque is dropping off.

With more equal HP and torque numbers, you end up with less power and a lower-revving engine. More like Chevy's 6.2L LS/LT engines that are factory-capped at around 6500 rpm.

Power-wise, the 4.6's least desirable characteristic is probably its unwillingness to be pushed much past 6000 rpm. HP less than torque even with the FRPP/Bullitt/2010 tune.

Norm
I'm aware of that. Doesn't change that I think It would be fun to have again.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm aware of that. Doesn't change that I think It would be fun to have again.
I'm sure you'd have to go with more displacement than 5.0 or 5.2 liters before you'd actually enjoy it. What you really want to be doing here is increasing the torque up to today's HP number, not dragging today's HP number down to today's smaller torque number.

460-ish ft*lbs of torque is going to need at least 5.5 liters, which is most likely a displacement better left to a completely new engine design (dare I even suggest a 100mm basic bore???).

Norm

Last edited:
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well.....Mach 1 is very likely to be restricted to something from the parts bin.......so it's either going to be the 5,0 with a Bullitt-like-tune/GT350 intake......or if we're VERY lucky, a n/a 5.2 cpc V8.

The only other potential option is if Mach 1 is a hybrid.....in which case you'd certainly get your bucket load of torque and a healthy dose of extra power. As an example, the new hybrid Lincoln Aviator has 494hp and 630lb ft of torque. The "stock" Aviator has 400hp and 415lb ft. If they really do base the hybrid Mustang on the V8, you're talking potentially 550hp and 620lb ft of torque!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Fantastic news from Bill at CJ Pony Parts............skip to 2.45 seconds.

More power than the stock GT.......goodies from the GT350 including the Tremec TR-3160 (although I really hope the 10-speed is an option).

Lets hope this does the Mach 1 name justice :like:

Mach 1.jpg
man... affer recent events snd going back to this post... a grown man can just about cry...
Sponsored