Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Please make it a 5.2 cpc engine 500hp and dct! That would be worth buying!!
Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Of course it will only come with a manual. Typical Ford.... Just keep turning away customers and sales.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Last gen Mach 1 had autos so even if its 500hp and 10 speed id be ok with that.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah, I think the DCT will remain a GT500-only transmission. It's its USP....much like the flat plane crank in the GT350.

Still, as you say, the Mach 1 has always been available with an auto and I think Ford would be foolish to make this one a manual only (even if it IS using the Tremec from the GT350).

But I crave more info! It's the waiting......I hate the waiting! :tumbleweed:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I fully expect a manual and automatic transmission in this car. I actually would consider a 5.2L V8 with DCT in this one!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Why wont the video run?
Because CJ Pony Parts removed the video. I'm assuming they would only do this if Ford asked them to (whether nicely, or not so nicely). Why would Ford ask them to do that? :lipssealed:

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Lets hope there are NO fake scoops, shakers, or other non-functional appearance-only parts... the Mustang has suffered from these silly things for too long. Rear fender scoops that go nowhere and never could, scoops on the hood for non-existent carbs, a "shaker" scoop that does nothing and doesn't look good stuck in the middle of such a short hood. To go from the Bullitt, where all those things have been removed, to a poseur car loaded up with them is a step backwards.
The transmission swap would be a very good move, except that it's ratios in the GT350 are designed for the high-revving GT350. The PP2 suspension has proven pointless without the GT350s cooling upgrades, it requires the coolers on the transmission and rear diff to be a workable track package (remember what happened to the initial batch of GT350s in 2016 that did not have those). The better Recaros from the GT350 would also be a great move, replacing the old fashioned Recaros that date back to the Boss 302. And for all this gear the price has to be right, and even without it the average out-the-door price would be 50k as with the Bullitt. And with all this the GT350 might not have as much point... it could to be updated with the direct injection system from the GT engine for even more HP and torque - and less emissions (and then let's get it certified for export, where it will be a huge revenue generator).
The Bullitt is selling well internationally where it's appeal is it's clean lines. Ford needs those sales, so a more sophisticated look than the kid-stuff model supports the financial plan.
S550 is into the second half of it's life now... there have been spy shots of a slightly updated lower front end, and with S650 put off a few years (for budget, and because of the years-long delay of the GT500), some updates may be in the pipeline. Perhaps some consolidation of the multiple rear brakes to save costs (there are 3 rear brake systems now: ye olde solid sliding caliper, GT350 with integral drum parking brake, and GT500 with separate parking brake caliper). With the GT350 and GT500 having hundreds of separate parts each, including things like 3 different front spindles and 2 different rear lower control arms across the entire line, prices end up higher for everybody.
A long shot might be other major changes... there is a new small V-8 somewhere in the pipeline for the F150... or it may have been cancelled. Since the F series program pays the basic costs of the 5 liter now and has since the '80s, this would come over to the Mustang easily. Ford has already made a statement about a hybrid Mustang... that may have been put off by the delay of the S650, or it may be able to be adapted to S550 now since the battery packs have become much smaller (and could easily be mounted in the trunk like it is in the Fusion) and the 10-speed is already designed for this. This could be the hybrid V-6 from the Explorer. Complain all we want about this, but with increasing emissions controls here (and especially in Europe, where both engines have already lost power and new standards are imminent) something may need to be added in this area pretty soon.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I fully expect a manual and automatic transmission in this car. I actually would consider a 5.2L V8 with DCT in this one!
The original and the reboot both had autos so I suspect the new one will too, but that is just my opinion.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Lets hope there are NO fake scoops, shakers, or other non-functional appearance-only parts... the Mustang has suffered from these silly things for too long. Rear fender scoops that go nowhere and never could, scoops on the hood for non-existent carbs, a "shaker" scoop that does nothing and doesn't look good stuck in the middle of such a short hood. To go from the Bullitt, where all those things have been removed, to a poseur car loaded up with them is a step backwards.
The transmission swap would be a very good move, except that it's ratios in the GT350 are designed for the high-revving GT350. The PP2 suspension has proven pointless without the GT350s cooling upgrades, it requires the coolers on the transmission and rear diff to be a workable track package (remember what happened to the initial batch of GT350s in 2016 that did not have those). The better Recaros from the GT350 would also be a great move, replacing the old fashioned Recaros that date back to the Boss 302. And for all this gear the price has to be right, and even without it the average out-the-door price would be 50k as with the Bullitt. And with all this the GT350 might not have as much point... it could to be updated with the direct injection system from the GT engine for even more HP and torque - and less emissions (and then let's get it certified for export, where it will be a huge revenue generator).
The Bullitt is selling well internationally where it's appeal is it's clean lines. Ford needs those sales, so a more sophisticated look than the kid-stuff model supports the financial plan.
S550 is into the second half of it's life now... there have been spy shots of a slightly updated lower front end, and with S650 put off a few years (for budget, and because of the years-long delay of the GT500), some updates may be in the pipeline. Perhaps some consolidation of the multiple rear brakes to save costs (there are 3 rear brake systems now: ye olde solid sliding caliper, GT350 with integral drum parking brake, and GT500 with separate parking brake caliper). With the GT350 and GT500 having hundreds of separate parts each, including things like 3 different front spindles and 2 different rear lower control arms across the entire line, prices end up higher for everybody.
A long shot might be other major changes... there is a new small V-8 somewhere in the pipeline for the F150... or it may have been cancelled. Since the F series program pays the basic costs of the 5 liter now and has since the '80s, this would come over to the Mustang easily. Ford has already made a statement about a hybrid Mustang... that may have been put off by the delay of the S650, or it may be able to be adapted to S550 now since the battery packs have become much smaller (and could easily be mounted in the trunk like it is in the Fusion) and the 10-speed is already designed for this. This could be the hybrid V-6 from the Explorer. Complain all we want about this, but with increasing emissions controls here (and especially in Europe, where both engines have already lost power and new standards are imminent) something may need to be added in this area pretty soon.
It does well to hope but most likely it will be a Bullitt with different colors, stickers, hood scoop, sans recaros and doo dads. Doo Dads seem to sell.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
S550 is into the second half of it's life now... there have been spy shots of a slightly updated lower front end, and with S650 put off a few years
A long shot might be other major changes... there is a new small V-8 somewhere in the pipeline for the F150... or it may have been cancelled.
The only spy shots we've seen were these.......and it doesn't really indicate a lower front end. The '18 refresh lowered the nose fractionally. I don't see it needing to be lowered any further (the EU S550 features an "active" hood that pops up in the event of a pedestrian impact, to protect them from the hard points under the hood).

As for the 4.8..........rumor has it that it never existed or, if it did, it was dropped when the 3rd Gen Coyote hit its emissions/MPG targets with the port and direct injection.

Here are the only spyshots we have of the mild face lift. I really hope we see more soon, as this indicated nothing but a bumper change.
21MY facelift 1.jpg
21MY Facelift 3.jpg

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
^^^ Agree - all of the fake scoopery and whatnot is absolutely atrocious.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I'm not really sure about that next generation Mustang arrives 2021. We haven't seen any spyshots that indicate a completely new model anytime soon. But we already saw a 2nd facelift (or at least bumper change for a specific new model). I don't see that if MY2021 is a new facelift that 7th Gen will be a thing before MY2023/24.

Hemi 300C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chrysler 300C. 2017 Ford Edge Sport
Only way I see this happening is if they kill the Shelby GT350, or give the 350 a much revised engine and power bump. To much overlapping for a Mach1 and current 350.

Based on the description its just going to be a BULLITT + PP2 suspension (or the Ford Performance Magneride handling kit), and the better tranny. Most of that you can just make now. Hell, tranny aside it's what I already drive.

I'm a huge Mach1 fan, but if that's all it is I'm going to be disappointed.
This is all speculation. I think Ford will create the Mach 1 with more than stripes and a Shaker hood. I guess we'll all see what direction they take the Mach 1, but I don't think it will be a rebranded Bullet.