Sponsored

Mach 1 for '21MY

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lets hold our horses (see what I did there? ;) ) and wait for the specs......there are several possibilities as to what direction they take, so we can only wait.

There's still a risk we might not know when they announce it.....they could just announce "the Mach 1 is coming back" and leave us hanging for another year to see the car/get the specs.
I here ya. We did the same thing with the gt500. We bench raced the shit out of it before we knew anything about it. I’ll give it its day on the asphalt before I pass any judgements
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I know what they had, I had one lol

That’s just it, based on what we know. Who’s to say the 2021 won’t have more differences, but we’re making guesses off of numbers and tid bits of info. What I stated were the main differences in those cars in ‘03, but what made those differences were a sum of many parts. I doubt it’ll be only those few differences for the ‘21 Mach 1, but we don’t know for sure. It’ll have a little more power than a gt, but do we know what the power numbers for the 2021 gt will be?? You can keep your Bullitt if you’d like, you’ll just have to be content with potentially being slower than a Mach 1 :sunglasses:
I had one as well, and like I said above, short of it just having an N/A version of the GT500 engine, I don't see any reason to regret getting the Bullitt. Also I'm not a fan of the shaker look on this body style.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had one as well, and like I said above, short of it just having an N/A version of the GT500 engine, I don't see any reason to regret getting the Bullitt. Also I'm not a fan of the shaker look on this body style.
Yeah I don’t think it plays well with the curves and body lines. I also despise older style wheels on s550’s. They looked good on new edges, alright on the ‘05-‘09’s, eh on the s197’s and I just can’t do it on these cars. The only ones I like are some of the Bullitt reps that have a modern twist to them. But they go with the aesthetics of that car as a whole. So I’m interested in what the ‘21 Mach 1 wheel choice will look like

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I predict AWD with electric powering the front wheels and the Coyote the rear wheels. I hope I'm right!!

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
They’ve already killed it with the Mach E. Because e stands for efficiency and the environment......that’s what most important to Billy Ford. Ford will become another Ecar company like Tesla once the traditional Mustang dies off shortly.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Lets hold our horses (see what I did there? ;) ) and wait for the specs......there are several possibilities as to what direction they take, so we can only wait.

There's still a risk we might not know when they announce it.....they could just announce "the Mach 1 is coming back" and leave us hanging for another year to see the car/get the specs.
Yea they kinda did that with the Bronco and frustrated a bunch of people including myself.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You in, TT?
If this is the Mach 1 I've been dreaming about.........I might just be. I swore I'd never sell my S197. She may be nearly 15 years old, but she's mint with only 22k miles........but she'd have to go to make room. So....if.....IF this is the Mach 1 of my dreams, I'll be contemplating it VERY seriously :shock:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard news about a Mach 1. Basically a GT PP1/Bullitt with a half roll cage. Don't get too excited.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If this is the Mach 1 I've been dreaming about.........I might just be. I swore I'd never sell my S197. She may be nearly 15 years old, but she's mint with only 22k miles........but she'd have to go to make room. So....if.....IF this is the Mach 1 of my dreams, I'll be contemplating it VERY seriously :shock:
As talked about in another post Fords game plan has changed.

They are facing huge fiscal headwinds. I would expect them to quit innovating and basically start selling more and more packages. The R&D cost has already been spend on the coyote/S550 platform. Just look to dodge to see all their packages.

We are all Ford fans on here but Ford is in deep economic trouble. Their Bonds are considered non investment grade or junk bonds. Yields are starting at 5.50% and going up for longer durations. The reason I say this is because the ability for a company to innovate is directly related to the cost of borrowing money since R&D and innovation are amortized to future vehicle sales. Higher interest rates greatly increase innovation cost.

The Mach 1 is coming along with no telling how many other packages. Just don’t expect anything outside the box anytime soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I've heard news about a Mach 1. Basically a GT PP1/Bullitt with a half roll cage. Don't get too excited.
Hmmm. A half cage? Can those be sold in road cars? That'd rule it out being sold here in the UK and, I suspect, Europe. Sounds like they are focusing on making it for the 1/4 mile? That'd be a shame if that's at the detriment to road manners.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The Mach 1 is coming along with no telling how many other packages. Just don’t expect anything outside the box anytime soon.
I'm kind of OK with what I guess I'd call "innovative repurposing", I think Ford has enough parts in the bin, to produce some slick model variants, especially with all the Ecoboost engines, the 5.2L CPC block, lots of coolers, brake options, a couple of manual transmissions, now a DCT, etc.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Yeah I don’t think it plays well with the curves and body lines. I also despise older style wheels on s550’s. They looked good on new edges, alright on the ‘05-‘09’s, eh on the s197’s and I just can’t do it on these cars. The only ones I like are some of the Bullitt reps that have a modern twist to them. But they go with the aesthetics of that car as a whole. So I’m interested in what the ‘21 Mach 1 wheel choice will look like
I think the S550 would look best with a NACA/NASA style hood, like the 71-73s. Not sure on the rims, not sure that the mag500 style would fit this car very well.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thank you, Sir! I did see that last night.....it's good to see another article, even if they are just linking back to the original source (CJPP). Hopefully more news will leak or be officially revealed soon!
Sponsored