Mach 1 Exhaust?

f2e524d1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969/2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm just going to add a personal opinion here. Maybe there is something wrong with my mach 1? But I dont think so, I think it's just a natural beast. And I'm sure more people who have already done an after market exhaust mod can really chime in on this.

But my opinion: I wouldnt do an after market exhaust(already in my current living conditions and work schedule) just because of my neighbors. While I was waiting for my mach 1 to arrive, I went to a dealership, and I was able to sit in a regular mustang with a PP1 that they had delivered in the 1st quarter of 2021. My only goal of sitting in that mustang was to hear the active exhaust. I was literally SOOOOO AMAZED by how quiet the active exhaust was, just mind blowing. But my mach 1 doesnt even come close to how quiet the regular gt was. And I would be scared to make quiet mode anymore louder than it already is with an aftermarket exhaust. A few people have said quiet mode stayed relatively the same, but it already has enough of a small bark still to were I do wish it was a tad bit quieter(only in quiet mode, I would love it to roar a little louder in the other modes), but tbh, I cant control it beyond that, so I'm sorry neighbors. 🤷‍♂️ but I do live in a duplex, but it's not a side by side, it's an upper and a lower, and the lower is built into the ground, and my neighbors living room window is literally 2 feet away from my exhaust pipe, which kinda sucks. But If you own a full on house and dont have neighbors within 10 feet of your tailpipe, I'd definitely add an after market exhaust, but it has enough chirp in sport mode to where its unneeded for me at the moment.

If anyone wants to chime in with extra feedback on how loud their quiet mode is with their aftermarket exhaust, I'm all ears. I dont know if maybe mine is a little louder than intended, but its definitely louder than a GT in quiet mode. Like obviously noticable to me.
I've read that you must be in quiet mode before turning off the car so that the exhaust valves are closed before you start the car (vs. closing a few seconds after start up in the previous mode). It might be worth trying if you're not already doing that.

Congratulations on getting your car! Looks great!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
I've read that you must be in quiet mode before turning off the car so that the exhaust values are closed before you start the car (vs. closing a few seconds after start up in the previous mode). It might be worth trying if you're not already doing that.

I'll give it a shot. I did switch it to quiet mode while in the car with the accessories turned on, and then started it up, it did a quick like 1.5 second bark, and got quiet, I figured it was just the cold start. But maybe it only closes valves while the car is actually running, and it barked because they were still open from the last time it was running, and then they closed.

Edit: also wanted to thank you for the congratulations. I'm so happy to have been able to buy this car. Just buying a new mustang in general has been a 6 year plan. I originally planned on buying a shelby gt350 when I was 22. And i had a lot of steps to take, because i didnt have a parent willing to co-sign for me, and I virtually had no credit established. So I work on building my credit score over the years. And tbh I fucked off a lot of money during that time, because I wasn't focused on the entire goal, only the current step I was on, which was Build credit. After my credit was solid, the goal of saving up money was the next step, so I saved up, and lived like I was poor as fuck. Having no car for 16 months meant not wasting money on gas, not wasting money on car insurance, and being to lazy to go to the bar and rack up a 200$ tab cause I wasn't gunna walk home drunk. Lol. Now I'm 27 and instead of getting the gt350, I ended up with the mach 1, couldn't be happier. My birthday is this Friday, the 13th, this was my present to myself. Happy 28th birthday to me. 🥳🥳

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I'll give it a shot. I did switch it to quiet mode while in the car with the accessories turned on, and then started it up, it did a quick like 1.5 second bark, and got quiet, I figured it was just the cold start. But maybe it only closes valves while the car is actually running, and it barked because they were still open from the last time it was running, and then they closed.

Edit: also wanted to thank you for the congratulations. I'm so happy to have been able to buy this car. Just buying a new mustang in general has been a 6 year plan. I originally planned on buying a shelby gt350 when I was 22. And i had a lot of steps to take, because i didnt have a parent willing to co-sign for me, and I virtually had no credit established. So I work on building my credit score over the years. And tbh I fucked off a lot of money during that time, because I wasn't focused on the entire goal, only the current step I was on, which was Build credit. After my credit was solid, the goal of saving up money was the next step, so I saved up, and lived like I was poor as fuck. Having no car for 16 months meant not wasting money on gas, not wasting money on car insurance, and being to lazy to go to the bar and rack up a 200$ tab cause I wasn't gunna walk home drunk. Lol. Now I'm 27 and instead of getting the gt350, I ended up with the mach 1, couldn't be happier. My birthday is this Friday, the 13th, this was my present to myself. Happy 28th birthday to me. 🥳🥳
I think I read on here somewhere that the valves are at least partially open on start up then quickly close in quiet mode. To get around this you can power the car on, switch to quiet, then hit the ignition and it should fire up with the valves closed. I haven’t tried it though. I wish I could get them to default to open all the time lol

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I've read that you must be in quiet mode before turning off the car so that the exhaust values are closed before you start the car (vs. closing a few seconds after start up in the previous mode). It might be worth trying if you're not already doing that.

Does not work with my car, I often do quiet mode to shut down and to quiet mode. I have 24/7 quiet mode enabled.

once the car is shut off even in quiet mode the valves fully open anyway. they immediately close again at start-up.

f2e524d1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969/2021 Mustang Mach 1
Ok, found the posts discussing this. The valves do operate in ACC mode. I didn't remember if they did or not.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-new-jfg-mach1-premium-is-here.156329/#post-3184317

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
A bit off topic, I have the Shelby / Borla Active Valve, it sounds nice and looks better than stock, and actually is quieter in quiet mode than stock.

Maybe Borla might make a Mach 1 touring exhaust that may be of similar quieter quiet mode db level to mine.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I mean, After that initial quick bark, it does get real quiet real quick. I'm guessing the best way to do this. Is to just leave my house at 4am. And then later that day, see if it disturbs my neighbor, if it does, I know I can avoid the situation, so If it does, no big deal, Since normally at 3-6am is when I'm coming home, not leaving, and it is quiet once it's already running. And if I know I'm going to go out for a late night drive, I can park on the street, because I'd only be doing that once or twice a week, (on my days off, otherwise if I leave work early, I can just start my late night drive from work) and I dont mind if I have to park on the street for that, since it wont be long, and it wont be often.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
A bit off topic, I have the Shelby / Borla Active Valve, it sounds nice and looks better than stock, and actually is quieter in quiet mode than stock.

Maybe Borla might make a Mach 1 touring exhaust that may be of similar quieter quiet mode db level to mine.
That sounds nice. I'd love to be able to keep the quiet when needed, while also being able to add a louder bark to my puppy.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Well, happy birthday, and even more congratulations on the hard work you put in to execute your plan!

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
And thank you too. I couldn't help but laugh when I got an email saying somepothead quoted me.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I think I read on here somewhere that the valves are at least partially open on start up then quickly close in quiet mode. To get around this you can power the car on, switch to quiet, then hit the ignition and it should fire up with the valves closed. I haven’t tried it though. I wish I could get them to default to open all the time lol
That doesn’t work. I’ve tried it. Also doesn’t work to turn it off in quiet mode either. Oh well, so neighbors I tried!!! But, anything is a welcomed relief compared to my GT500 I had 🤣

Reddirocket27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 CPO EB Prem Conv w/ 201A
Hard to tell in the pic because I took it pretty low, but from eye height, the tips hang very low from factory - in fact the majority of muffler can be seen at all times through the mesh. It's a very weird design, almost like the forgot to install the hangers, and again, much more noticeable from eye height. I should've taken a better pic.

20210811_075856.jpg
Sponsored