Sponsored

M6G Suspension Nirvana

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
It's almost time for me to go down this road, too. Going from PP dampers and Steeda shock mounts with SP763 springs and adding Steeda tension and lateral links with bumpsteer correction, toe and RLCA bearings, and FP track dampers with the GT350 front sway bar. The install is going to suck but I am looking forward to the handling improvements.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's almost time for me to go down this road, too. Going from PP dampers and Steeda shock mounts with SP763 springs and adding Steeda tension and lateral links with bumpsteer correction, toe and RLCA bearings, and FP track dampers with the GT350 front sway bar. The install is going to suck but I am looking forward to the handling improvements.
You'll enjoy it. You may consider upping your spring rate while doing it, though. The car needs it.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m really leery about changing springs because I barely avoid scraping the driveway right now.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I’m really leery about changing springs because I barely avoid scraping the driveway right now.
If you go to GT350R springs, the car will actually be higher by a bit but significantly more rate. Alternatively, the BMR SP083 set has the same front height as your SP763, and slightly lower rear. As Norm pointed out, you can use a rear spring spacer to bring the rear back up to the same as you have. The 1/8" thick spacer would be the one. Both sets of springs are very good match for the FP track dampers, and you'll appreciate the handling improvements. The ride will be firmer, but definitely not harsh.

The increase in spring rate at the same ride height will give you more cushion to not bottom out, too :)

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm, I was under the impression the 350/R springs would drop the front more than the 89s, which is probably slightly more than normal given the extra weight of the Whipple. I'll have to revisit this...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, I was under the impression the 350/R springs would drop the front more than the 89s, which is probably slightly more than normal given the extra weight of the Whipple. I'll have to revisit this...
Definitely not. GT350R fronts have a 0.65" drop NA. Probably right about 0.8-0.85" with the Whipple, which is less than your current drop. SP083 would also drop less than the SP089 front because of the increase in spring rate.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally got everything installed (gt350r front sway bar, FRPP shocks and struts, sp083 springs, Steeda lateral and tension links, bumpsteer kit, RLCA bearings and toe bearings). The installation was quite straightforward except for the RLCA bearings, which were a total butthole because the stock bushings are damn near fused with the control arm. A 20 ton press was not enough for one of them, instead we had to attack it with a sawzall and crush the outer part of the bushing until it gave way. It’s never fun working on the rear end because of all of the bolts that have to come out, but the RLCA bearing job was on another level.

The alignment is all jacked up right now (as expected) but the car feels a lot stiffer and more planted already. I’m excited for how it will feel after it gets aligned.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
@moffetts the next thing to complete it is BMR front swaybar.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got it aligned successfully. I think the best part of this whole thing is the added heft in the steering and the much more solid feeing rear end. Under power, it is much less wiggly in the rear end. So far so good.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I had gotten camber plates; I underestimated the camber change stemming from the extended balljoints. Oh well. I am very happy otherwise, especially with the steering feel and the very solid rear end. Before going through with these changes, hard throttle would induce an uncomfortable amount of side to side wiggles in the rear as the tires searched for traction. It’s still spin city, of course, but it goes where you point it. It’s very confidence inspiring and predictable, and this solid feeling carries over to the corners. It’s no longer the sketchiest thing on 4 wheels.

5OSONIC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB CS
Post those pics! I want to see that front drop with the whipple on =)