M6G Suspension Nirvana

OP
OP

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
@H1shawn1 - How do you like those Potenza S007A tires? Those are on my list for possible future tires.
I'm very happy with them, but I have less then 500 miles on them so it's still too early to tell. I can tell you that my one experience in the rain with them was great, I was really impressed with how well they performed and along with the other suspension mods the car was way more composed in rainy conditions then it was on MPSS with the stock suspension. I know the MPSS's to be amoung the best in the rain so that difference was mainly suspension related, but I didn't feel like the Potenza's we're holding me back in those conditions at all.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very happy with them, but I have less then 500 miles on them so it's still too early to tell. I can tell you that my one experience in the rain with them was great, I was really impressed with how well they performed and along with the other suspension mods the car was way more composed in rainy conditions then it was on MPSS with the stock suspension. I know the MPSS's to be amoung the best in the rain so that difference was mainly suspension related, but I didn't feel like the Potenza's we're holding me back in those conditions at all.
Yeah it's amazing how much more confidence you have in the car in ALL conditions when it's sorted well, not just dry ones.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Nice!! You have the PP with the Torsen diff don't you? That probably helps a bunch. I am getting ready to put one on my car. My car is kinda scary in the rain, and I do not think it is tires. I've heard feedback on the Torsen that it takes a car from scary to fairly easy to control in the rain, so I'm hoping that is the case.

Your suspension setup and mine is what I call - the secret sauce. It's no surprise to me that the SP083 springs and FP dampers work well together. Spring rates very similar to GT350R, quality monotube dampers (and minimum drop on the springs). And the IRS components make it more confidence inspiring when really pushing the car. So much so I cant really exploit on the street, so I need to do some events on track. The balance feels very good to me at least on the street. I had a little oversteer tendency before I switched the rear bar out to the GT350 one. Now it wont oversteer unless I really try. And when the back end has come out it recovers quickly.

OP
OP

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Nice!! You have the PP with the Torsen diff don't you? That probably helps a bunch. I am getting ready to put one on my car. My car is kinda scary in the rain, and I do not think it is tires. I've heard feedback on the Torsen that it takes a car from scary to fairly easy to control in the rain, so I'm hoping that is the case.

Your suspension setup and mine is what I call - the secret sauce. It's no surprise to me that the SP083 springs and FP dampers work well together. Spring rates very similar to GT350R, quality monotube dampers (and minimum drop on the springs). And the IRS components make it more confidence inspiring when really pushing the car. So much so I cant really exploit on the street, so I need to do some events on track. The balance feels very good to me at least on the street. I had a little oversteer tendency before I switched the rear bar out to the GT350 one. Now it wont oversteer unless I really try. And when the back end has come out it recovers quickly.
I do not have a PP, so non torsen. I'm a 3.55 auto GT.

I'd be curious to feel the difference between mine and yours with the cb762 installed on mine. I'll also be watching closely your experience with the torsen upgrade, as I'm curious if I'd notice any benefit from it as well.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I do not have a PP, so non torsen. I'm a 3.55 auto GT.

I'd be curious to feel the difference between mine and yours with the cb762 installed on mine. I'll also be watching closely your experience with the torsen upgrade, as I'm curious if I'd notice any benefit from it as well.
Anyone that prioritizes cornering would benefit significantly from the torsen.

Sponsored

OP
OP

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
First 500 miles update:

In the original post I mentioned that it was exhausting trying to compare how the car felt over bumps from before the upgrade to post upgrade, SO I'm happy to report that I'm finally past it. To put it simply the car now just feels like it ought to. High speeds are extremely uneventful in this car, and on my wife's last ride along she was shocked whenever I'd tell her how fast we were going. The suspension is just always asking for more.

Overall I'm still extremely happy with how things have turned out. Early next week I'll get the alignment rechecked then hopefully start finding some places where I can really push the car and provide some more in depth feedback for y'all.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
First 500 miles update:

In the original post I mentioned that it was exhausting trying to compare how the car felt over bumps from before the upgrade to post upgrade, SO I'm happy to report that I'm finally past it. To put it simply the car now just feels like it ought to. High speeds are extremely uneventful in this car, and on my wife's last ride along she was shocked whenever I'd tell her how fast we were going. The suspension is just always asking for more.

Overall I'm still extremely happy with how things have turned out. Early next week I'll get the alignment rechecked then hopefully start finding some places where I can really push the car and provide some more in depth feedback for y'all.
That's we call a WIN! Haha. And when you can get positive feedback on the car from the wife or significant other that's a double WIN.
The suspension setup gets better the faster you go, which is where you want the improvement to be.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
This is good news. I haven't seen much reviews on the s007a, I even asked the local Firestone store and nope, nothing. On par or better than MPSS on rain is a good place to be.

After a precarious drive from the track to home on my re71r, I am considering swapping to a less aggressive but more rain friendly tire. Re71r are the bee's knees but prevents me from enjoying the car a lot of times, without having to swap to my A/S set.

Next tire decision will probably be between Indy500 and s007a. @Bluemustang what has been your experience with the Indy500?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This is good news. I haven't seen much reviews on the s007a, I even asked the local Firestone store and nope, nothing. On par or better than MPSS on rain is a good place to be.

After a precarious drive from the track to home on my re71r, I am considering swapping to a less aggressive but more rain friendly tire. Re71r are the bee's knees but prevents me from enjoying the car a lot of times, without having to swap to my A/S set.

Next tire decision will probably be between Indy500 and s007a. @Bluemustang what has been your experience with the Indy500?
Those two are pretty different as far as grip goes. The S007A is about halfway between the Indy 500 and the RE71R for dry grip. The indy 500 is a very good street tire, and considering the price it's one of the best options for that use. While it can be used on the track, that's not the tire's forte.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
@H1shawn1 do you have any squeaking/creaking noises since install? or is it a quiet ride all around?

Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those two are pretty different as far as grip goes. The S007A is about halfway between the Indy 500 and the RE71R for dry grip. The indy 500 is a very good street tire, and considering the price it's one of the best options for that use. While it can be used on the track, that's not the tire's forte.
I sort of assumed that the s007a would be in the middle based on threadwear and price. If dry grip is within like 10-15% of a re71r and it's acceptable on rain, I think it's well worth it. It's just weird that there are almost no reviews/tests of the s007a.

On the other side, indy500 cost like half of anything and reviews are positive.

OP
OP

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY

I just want to be very clear here, I was not saying that the s007a was on par with the MPSS in the rain, just that I had more confidence with the upgraded suspension and the s007a 's in the rain then I ever did on the stock suspension with the MPSS. I think this says a lot about how the s007a handles in the rain, but very little about how the two tires compare in the rain. I just want to make sure I'm not unintentionally misleading anyone.

To see a comparison of the tire rack tests of these two tires check out this post and draw your own conclusions.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/bridgestone-s007a-vs-michelin-pilot-sport-4s.120644/

OP
OP

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
@H1shawn1 do you have any squeaking/creaking noises since install? or is it a quiet ride all around?
It's quiet. I'm catless with muffler deletes so my car is rather loud, and minimizing noise isn't a concern of mine but as far as I can tell there has been no added noise since the changes.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just want to be very clear here, I was not saying that the s007a was on par with the MPSS in the rain, just that I had more confidence with the upgraded suspension and the s007a 's in the rain then I ever did on the stock suspension with the MPSS. I think this says a lot about how the s007a handles in the rain, but very little about how the two tires compare in the rain. I just want to make sure I'm not unintentionally misleading anyone.

To see a comparison of the tire rack tests of these two tires check out this post and draw your own conclusions.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/bridgestone-s007a-vs-michelin-pilot-sport-4s.120644/
Thanks for pointing out that review, has just the right objective data.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I really didn't know what I was missing without the RLCA bearings. Now it is S550 nirvana. As Clarkson said, "What a machine!"

Sponsored