Sponsored

M10300FP Battery Maintainer

austexstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Race Red and 1965 Coupe 289
Has anyone here bought/used one of these? Is it worth the price?

Thanks

main.jpeg
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I installed one in June and have had zero issues. I've used it often. For Winter, car is on it full time now.

I believe they are made by CTEK and branded FP.

It's best to remove the negative cable from the battery, before starting any of this. Dropping a tool at the wrong moment can short something out, causing damage to you or the car. When connecting back up, the car is going to make all kinds of weird noises, several times, as it performs self-checks. Perform a BMS reset when done.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/bms-reset-no-tools-required.151602/

Yesterday, I attached my Ford Performance battery tender for the first time, to check it out. Using alligator clamps and leaving the hood up might be alright for the weekend, but it wasn't going to work long-term. I began eyeing the fuse block, another pigtail I had with the kit and these threads.

Thank You for the insight and the inspiration. Below are two options I'm playing with. Maybe these ideas and others might help you.

Cowl: the advantage of the cowl is I can tuck it under the hood and take it out as needed. To a passerby, it's almost invisible. The disadvantage is the hood closes snug and its a water area. The cable I fabricated is sealed with heat shrink, but still.

Front: the advantage of the front is all the wiring under the hood stays away from water, sharp edges or rubbing. But the plug poking out isn't very esthetically pleasing. I considered the grill, but it's a heat area and snug fit, for best airflow. If I Sharpie out the orange it will probably be less obvious.

For now, the front headlight area.

The advantages to either solution are not having to pop the hood, being able to hock up in moments and having a visual on the tender at any time.

View attachment 684978

View attachment 684979

View attachment 684980

View attachment 684981

tender project 12.jpg

tender project 13.jpg

tender project 14.jpg

tender project 8.jpg

tender project 9.jpg

tender project 3.jpg

OP
OP
austexstang

austexstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it.. thanks for the reply..

OP
OP
austexstang

austexstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good idea.... Thanks !

Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have one. It works great. I attached the wires to the fuse box (first stud closest to the strut tower) and the strut ground point. I do open the hood to plug it in though. There is a neat video on youtube where a guy in England mounted a plug to the front grille but I would be afariad I would forget about it and pull out of the garage with it plugged in.

I actually found one of the Ford Performance one for about the same price. The only difference is it comes with some bag which I don't even know where it is. Otherwise get this one.
Amazon.com: CTEK - 40-206 MXS 5.0 Fully Automatic 4.3 amp Battery Charger and Maintainer 12V : Automotive

OP
OP
austexstang

austexstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even better.... thanks
Sponsored