Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
HOLY COW!!!! My LUND Tune is absolutely incredible!!!
DA hovered around 1,900'-2,000' all night. This mph is CRAZY!!! I can't wait to get the Circle "D" converter & gears in!! So I can get my E.T. closer to my mph, I'm leaving at least 7 tenths on the table! BIG thanks to TEAM BEEFCAKE for hooking me up with all the right parts and the patience to deal with me, and to SW Power series long tubes, off road Performance connect. I knew the primary tubes were a little big for a N/A car, but man with a LUND Tune they bring on the power on the Big End! I've raced SBF's all my life, never have I pulled so many cars on the Big End!
I'm launching @ 1,500, and I can't stress this enough...SHALLOW STAGE SHALLOW STAGE. Going through in 3rd 6,900 and don't lift to well past the finish line. :headbang:
12.07 run 5 131 MSP 7-3-15.jpg
12.14 run 3 131 MSP 7-3-15.jpg
12.09 run 4 131 MSP 7-3-15.jpg
12.17 run 2 131 MSP 7-3-15.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Damn! Nice! I only went 103 with a 2.4 60' 100% stock. Wish I could get a 60' like that!

I've got drag radials coming, hopefully that cures my problems.
Drag radials make every pass good. But keep in mind I have an auto and 3.15s in the rear....so I'm not working the tires yet. With the Circle "D" converter & gears it'll be a new ballgame.

Sponsored

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Drag radials make every pass good. But keep in mind I have an auto and 3.15s in the rear....so I'm not working the tires yet. With the Circle "D" converter & gears it'll be a new ballgame.
Auto/3.15 here also. I bought the 3.15 because I plan to boost the car and I knew I'd want a higher gear...but FWIW, I wish I were working with a 3.55 or 3.73 NA. :p

Converter is on my short list, though likely to happen after boost. I have wondered what a converter would do now to wake the car up...

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Auto/3.15 here also. I bought the 3.15 because I plan to boost the car and I knew I'd want a higher gear...but FWIW, I wish I were working with a 3.55 or 3.73 NA. :p

Converter is on my short list, though likely to happen after boost. I have wondered what a converter would do now to wake the car up...
Good choice with gearing for future boost. Well my experience over the years what ever I pick up in 60' should double at the end....meaning if I pick up 2 tenths I should have a total of 4 tenths at the end. Remember the higher stall really comes into play in first gear, as the rest of the track I never drop back into the stall range.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good choice with gearing for future boost. Well my experience over the years what ever I pick up in 60' should double at the end....meaning if I pick up 2 tenths I should have a total of 4 tenths at the end. Remember the higher stall really comes into play in first gear, as the rest of the track I never drop back into the stall range.
Are you staying NA? Getting the Circle D from Beef? I've often thought about staying NA for a year and seeing how fast I can go before boost.

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Are you staying NA? Getting the Circle D from Beef? I've often thought about staying NA for a year and seeing how fast I can go before boost.
I will stay N/A for quite awhile, I can always go back in gear and have the converter reworked. I've had 3.73s for over a month sitting in a box, but until the BCM issue is worked out there's no sense in putting them in. The down side to a good N/A car is you have to live with the rpms that comes from steep gears & high stall converter, but I've had that all my life......with 4.56s and no O.D. Oh...yes I'm going through BEEFCAKE, I use him for as much stuff as possible. The converter should be here Tuesday, I'll put it in this coming weekend.

Sponsored

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I will stay N/A for quite awhile, I can always go back in gear and have the converter reworked. I've had 3.73s for over a month sitting in a box, but until the BCM issue is worked out there's no sense in putting them in. The down side to a good N/A car is you have to live with the rpms that comes from steep gears & high stall converter, but I've had that all my life......with 4.56s and no O.D. Oh...yes I'm going through BEEFCAKE, I use him for as much stuff as possible.
I wonder when the BCM issue is worked out...Is that a Ford thing? Or an aftermarket tune thing? Or both?

OP
OP
RBS550

RBS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
RB
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wonder when the BCM issue is worked out...Is that a Ford thing? Or an aftermarket tune thing? Or both?
I've talked with Watson Racing on the issue quite a bit & the Ford Tech Line, it seems like everyone is trying to fix the issue. One of the problems is there's no consistency in the issue, as some people have changed with no issues and others the car will only move about 3' and stop. I'm sure it will be solved soon.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I will stay N/A for quite awhile, I can always go back in gear and have the converter reworked. I've had 3.73s for over a month sitting in a box, but until the BCM issue is worked out there's no sense in putting them in. The down side to a good N/A car is you have to live with the rpms that comes from steep gears & high stall converter, but I've had that all my life......with 4.56s and no O.D. Oh...yes I'm going through BEEFCAKE, I use him for as much stuff as possible. The converter should be here Tuesday, I'll put it in this coming weekend.

Don't you have to completely change the rear diff to go from 3.15 to 2.73 gears?

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Also... what is this BCM issue thing? Curious what I need to watch out for.
Sponsored