Sponsored

Lowering spring suggestions

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Where you magnaride ? We’re yours the progressives ?
No magnaride. They are the progressives. I ended up getting the entire comfort suspension package so not only did I get the springs, I got the pro action shocks and struts (which are just private label Konis), shock mounts, bumpers and camber plates.
My ride quality is much better than it was stock PP1. Body roll, steering/handling/cornering and I don't feel road imperfections as bad now. I was originally going to get the springs only, but Steeda and others I know with the same setup talked me into getting the shocks/struts as well. It's a night and day difference. I have the stock tires and got new wheels.
Sponsored

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
No magnaride. They are the progressives. I ended up getting the entire comfort suspension package so not only did I get the springs, I got the pro action shocks and struts (which are just private label Konis), shock mounts, bumpers and camber plates.
My ride quality is much better than it was stock PP1. Body roll, steering/handling/cornering and I don't feel road imperfections as bad now. I was originally going to get the springs only, but Steeda and others I know with the same setup talked me into getting the shocks/struts as well. It's a night and day difference. I have the stock tires and got new wheels.
I think the real takeaway here is to look at your suspension more as a system rather than individual components. For me personally I went with the x springs because this is the only component of my suspension I didn't have from the Ford handling pack.

In short, if you're going to go with Steeda, for the best results I would pair those springs with steeda components, same with BMR. What you really want to avoid is mixing and matching suspension components. It really is a better together story if you decide to do all FP, Steeda or BMR etc.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'm running Steeda progressives with their struts and shocks. Its great for dd duty if you can live with the drop.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Thanks. I’m stuck btw FP with magnaride flash or Steeda progressives with Bars.
As a DD I need a tad comfort and I hear the FP is harsh ?

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Not sure if I'm too late to provide input but here it is anyway. Mine is a 16 PP with 285/35/19 and 305/35/19. I too daily my car and my primarily goal was ride height, I wasn't too concerned with improved performance or a harsher ride. I went with the SVE lowering springs on LMR site. I saw good reviews, they were $50 or so cheaper than the other manufacturers and came with new bump stops. I've had them on for about 2 years now and there is no noticeable difference in the cars performance. I would highly recommend getting some camber plates with the springs. I did not do this at the time. My front tires had ~6 months of life left in them and when I replaced them the insides were showing cords. I added BMR camber plates at that time and should have done that with the springs. My buddy/neighbor/mechanic was not too happy about pulling the front struts off a 2nd time, the bottle of Jack I got him helped though :-)

After Drop.jpg
Pre Lower.jpg
Spring.jpg
Spring 2.jpg

Sponsored

CoyoteAntz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT 6spd
Went with SR, didnt want a super crazy drop

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I went with Steedas. Had them on since August. Been more than happy with them. They are a bit more rough on the bumps now than they originally were which I would expect after breaking them in. Still not as rough as the PP1 srings were that's for sure.
If you have to 'break in' your springs, you bought the wrong ones.
Sponsored