Sponsored

Lowering PP2 (magnaride) which Ford kit(s)?

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Hey guys,

Here is an email I sent to Levittown Ford about my confusion around what I should be ordering based on the information provided on their site... Can someone who's used the Ford springs help point me in the right direction?

I have a 2020 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack level 2, which of course has magnaride.

I was going to order the "M-9602-M Magnaride Handling Pack" to lower the car 3/4", but noticed in the notes on that item (on your site) that the Performance Pack Level 2 doesnā€™t need the full kit, and rather, it only requires ordering both M-5490-G & M-5300-W. (NOTE: Customers with a Performance Pack 2 equipped Mustang can upgrade by installing only the M-5300-W Spring Kit and M-5490-G Sway Bar Kit.)

I was checking fitment on your site and it says that both these kits will not fit my car. I believe this to be an error, but wanted to check with you guys to confirm.

Thanks for your time,
Sponsored

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
They're springs and sway bars that will fit any Magneride mustangs (rear springs specifically are Magride specific). There isn't much more to this. Those will most definitely fit your car.

OP
OP
quikcolin

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
They're springs and sway bars that will fit any Magneride mustangs (rear springs specifically are Magride specific). There isn't much more to this. Those will most definitely fit your car.
thanks for the reply. Next question would be, do I actually need the sway bar kit as well?

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Hey guys,

Here is an email I sent to Levittown Ford about my confusion around what I should be ordering based on the information provided on their site... Can someone who's used the Ford springs help point me in the right direction?

I have a 2020 Mustang GT with the Performance Pack level 2, which of course has magnaride.

I was going to order the "M-9602-M Magnaride Handling Pack" to lower the car 3/4", but noticed in the notes on that item (on your site) that the Performance Pack Level 2 doesnā€™t need the full kit, and rather, it only requires ordering both M-5490-G & M-5300-W. (NOTE: Customers with a Performance Pack 2 equipped Mustang can upgrade by installing only the M-5300-W Spring Kit and M-5490-G Sway Bar Kit.)

I was checking fitment on your site and it says that both these kits will not fit my car. I believe this to be an error, but wanted to check with you guys to confirm.

Thanks for your time,
I run those springs on my 2020 HPP with Magneride. I did just the springs and they are definitely the right ones for Magneride.

Sponsored

OP
OP
quikcolin

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
I run those springs on my 2020 HPP with Magneride. I did just the springs and they are definitely the right ones for Magneride.
Did you require, or use camber plates? Or adjust camber? If not, how's the tire wear? What about the sway bar kit, did you go that route?

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
I did not add camber plates and stuck with the PP sway bars that came with the car. I did get an alignment afterwards and rotate my tires every 5k miles. Tire wear has been good. You can always run camber bolts up front instead of plates if you want front camber more dialed. There is no front adjustment for camber on the mustangs from factory.

20210802_135400.jpg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
thanks for the reply. Next question would be, do I actually need the sway bar kit as well?
"Need" is subjective - technically you don't need any of these - stiff rear bar is meant to work together with relatively soft rear spring, so yes, if you want to benefit from the kit, then you need to swap the bars - which isn't exactly difficult - easier than swapping springs.

Camber plates - it depends what front camber you are looking for.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
"Need" no, but they are thicker than the stock PPL2 bars.
And on that note, I'd argue the only one you even want, much less need, is the front bar. I'm happier after reducing the size of the rear bar on my car. It's not always a "more is better" type of thing.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm pretty sure the M-5300-W is what's currently on the PP2 cars...

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been working on this from info Iā€™ve come across on here and the net - I think the ā€˜Wā€™ fronts are stiffer than the PP2 :

1645916532282.png

WD :like:

maddseason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Thanks for your time,
Hey Colin. I bought the ford performance lowering springs, dropped about .75" from CJPony. I have the 2020 PP2. and the springs made a huge difference.

Last edited:
OP
OP
quikcolin

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Hey Colin. I bought the ford performance lowering springs, the same springs on the gt350. dropped about .75" from CJPony. I have the 2020 PP2. and the springs made a huge difference.
Thanks so much, great to hear from another PP2 owner on the subject. Question, does the car sit perfectly level. Meaning the front isnā€™t lower than the rear? Gapping is the same?

To confirm, weā€™re the springs the following: Ford Performace M-5300-W?

Iā€™m assuming you had an alignment? Did you have to adjust camber? If so, did you add camber plates? Or bolts?
Sponsored