Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OK, I appreciate these are pre-production cars, but take a look at the lower body, in front of the rear wheel/at the rear of the door. The red GT is nice and clean, but the silver GT has what looks like an extra bit of silver cladding added on. It also be the lighting, but the red car seems to have more of a "pinch" under the door. I prefer the cleaner, red look.

Also, note the red car seems to have a smaller 5.0 badge.......

Sponsored

NCHorseplay

Threads
Reaction score
I think what you are seeing is just the difference of an outdoor, mostly natural lighted photo versus a heavily lighted, highly edit studio photo. I am not really seeing the lower differences you are speaking of but i do see the difference in the badge and it makes me think that they added the 5.0 on the red one in the editing process.

etnoats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GT
Maybe different skirts and are gauging interest in each from forums/feedback.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
The 5.0 badge on the red has been photoshopped. On the hi-res pics you can tell they are as the red around the badge is modeled and pixelated. Not really the best of photoshop jobs if you ask me.

Sponsored

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
i looked pretty closely and saw what seems to be a line on the red car for the rocker

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
I suspect variations(purposeful or otherwise) in pre-production cars.

fastback69

Red car's slightly more taut body (at least the way it looks in the pic) is my preference also.

On another note, did anyone else notice the slightly redesigned 5.0 badge? The font is now more in line with the 50 years logo. Compare it to the current one

16-2015-mustang-convertible-magnetic.jpg

mustanganniversarylogo.jpg

BTW that's the car they had in NY and it looks like it has the extra bit more of sliver that you mentioned on the silver car.
5 oh badge.jpg

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Red car's slightly more taut body (at least the way it looks in the pic) is my preference also.

On another note, did anyone else notice the slightly redesigned 5.0 badge? The font is now more in line with the 50 years logo. Compare it to the current one

16-2015-mustang-convertible-magnetic.jpg

mustanganniversarylogo.jpg

BTW that's the car they had in NY and it looks like it has the extra bit more of sliver that you mentioned on the silver car.
Yes I did notice. And I prefer it over the older 5.0 badge. It may be a nod to the 50th anniversary "font" but somehow it appears more modern and fitting for this new Mustang in my opinion.

Crazyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old beat up and thankfully running strong
Lower body panels look exactly the same on both

Sponsored

TearTheHorizon

Threads
Reaction score
they are the same. this issue is due to the different body colors, and the silver picture is natural, while the red has been through photoshop a few times.

the silver shows body lines more clearly, but they are the same. You can see the lines of the rockers in the magnetic vert that was posted as well

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, I reckon it was a bit of Photoshopping on the red one :)
Sponsored