Sponsored

loud tick noise-just started yesterday

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Could somebody chime in and let me know what they think this might be. Car has 7K miles with Ford PP2. Going to dealership on Monday.

Thank you
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt auto 400A Package factory 20's
read the other threads, BBQ ticks , sound like you got it.

OP
OP
Monty17GT

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Took it in to the dealer and according to tech cam phaser is bad, new phasers on order. They provided no explanation on how he got to that conclusion so I'm thinking he's spitballing hoping that does the trick...to be continued

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I doubt cam phasers will fix it. If I'm wrong please let us know. There's a guy on YouTube who had the cam phasers replaced. In fact, they replaced all the valves and cams too. He got home and it still made the same tick. Now they said they want to replace the heads.
I just don't understand why they can't seem to understand it's coming from the bottom end. It's either piston slapping or wiped journals, which means a new short block at minimum.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
I just don't understand why they can't seem to understand it's coming from the bottom end. It's either piston slapping or wiped journals, which means a new short block at minimum.
I'm no engineer but they really should just replace the entire long block.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Monty17GT

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Was informed by the dealer today that cam sprockets/phasers are on back order by Ford until Nov 1. That must mean that there is an issue with 5.0 engines but Ford is remaining silent. And it appears I will be screwed if I try to lemon law the car since I purchased it in Virginia and Virginia has an 18 month limit to file a lemon law claim after purchase, I've had the car for 20 months and has 7300 miles.

OP
OP
Monty17GT

Monty17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Was informed by the dealer today that cam sprockets/phasers are on back order by Ford until Nov 1. That must mean that there is an issue with 5.0 engines but Ford is remaining silent. And it appears I will be screwed if I try to lemon law the car since I purchased it in Virginia and Virginia has an 18 month limit to file a lemon law claim after purchase, I've had the car for 20 months and has 7300 miles.
Update:: I requested to start the buyback process with Ford under Texas lemon law, should be getting a call next week to see if car qualifies but I'm optimistic it does since it's been at the shop for over a month and parts are on back order, apparently parts are not even at production stage so no idea when I will be getting car back. If buyback goes through I'm asking for a refund and not looking back. I was really close at getting a supercharger I've been waiting all year for Lethal Performance 15% off Black Friday :crying:

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Update:: I requested to start the buyback process with Ford under Texas lemon law, should be getting a call next week to see if car qualifies but I'm optimistic it does since it's been at the shop for over a month and parts are on back order, apparently parts are not even at production stage so no idea when I will be getting car back. If buyback goes through I'm asking for a refund and not looking back. I was really close at getting a supercharger I've been waiting all year for Lethal Performance 15% off Black Friday :crying:
Sorry for you bad luck. Hopefully it all works out.
Sponsored