Zell7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zaher
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium pp1
Hey guys
How to make my car sound loud when I start it every time not just the cold start can tuner make it louder for me ?(lund tune)
I have catless headers and corsa catback on my 2017 gt
Sponsored

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys
How to make my car sound loud when I start it every time not just the cold start can tuner make it louder for me ?(lund tune)
I lost you at "I have catless headers and corsa catback on my 2017 gt" :)

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
So you want the cold start bark on every start up? I was pretty sure it was dependent on temps, so if something was changed to make it go by time instead? That or raise the temp it goes into the high idle? But then you might be running around all the time at a cold idle rpm. Seems not worth it.

ShapeShifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I know everyone is giving him a hard time, but for real, I would love to do this too. The warm start is so boring... I know the AMG's have this. You just hold the paddle shifter while starting and you get "emotion start". A nice, loud "bark" every time you start the car while holding that paddle. Would love it if Mustang had the same thing.

Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys
Im sure it can be tuned into things. It's a cam phase/timing adjustment, but other than that I have no idea, but I'm more than certain it can be done. I'd ask Wengerd/Daryle

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That sounds like something that might be fun the "first few days". Sometimes when I come out of restaurants or other places (watching games) there are people standing around the car. I warn them, they might want to cover their ears since I might get that cold start bark. While some bystanders find the bark to be nice, others are sure to find it to be annoying.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Not crapping on it.....OP stated "every time", not whenever you want it. I'm all for "whenever" you want it. :fistbump:

Sponsored

ShapeShifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Not crapping on it.....OP stated "every time", not whenever you want it. I'm all for "whenever" you want it. :fistbump:
Ah yes, fair enough! And agreed completely. I like to have control... Do I WANT to scare the girl walking behind my car when I start it? Should I avoid scaring the mom with a child in her stroller?

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I'm amazed at all the Mustang enthusiasts who are shitting on the idea of a way to have "cold start" whenever you want it...
The bulk of this board is more "green energy" enthusiast than they are Mustang enthusiast, unfortunately.

Probably wear 2 masks driving Ecoboost mustangs by themselves on the way to Trader Joes.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
The bulk of this board is more "green energy" enthusiast than they are Mustang enthusiast, unfortunately.

Probably wear 2 masks driving Ecoboost mustangs by themselves on the way to Trader Joes.

You couldn't be more wrong. I only drive with 3 masks when I'm going to Whole Foods, and it's a V6. 😝

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
It’s easy to tune a higher RPM warm and hot start. It’ll come out of it quick since there is a countdown timer based in temps, but the initial start RPM can be adjusted higher for the warmer coolant temps.

I think my Whipple stage 2 tune is like 1350rpm on cold start and 1250rpm on hot start. Hot starts make more noise compared to stock.
Sponsored