Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
We have been debating the necessity of government and the fact that it is state sponsored welfare. Of course, you are going to be all for it. I have always been willing to pay my fair share for stuff, but now I will have to pay everyone's fair share. It will either be "live my old age in penury" or work until I die. There will be no avenue to save money left.
I agree with you the federal budget is bloated but to say 80% of it is not needed is ignorant. Why would you have to pay everyone's "fair share?" I don't believe you understand just what you're getting in return. Everyone pays taxes in return for services and protections, this is the social contract. The economy grows thanks in part to welfare systems. Do I need to explain how the economy works, how basic survival and money into the hands of the people who NEED to spend money helps grow business and increase profit. Save money, what? It's literally easier than ever. Like I'm not sure how you think the system works.
Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with you the federal budget is bloated but to say 80% of it is not needed is ignorant.
You say potato, I say Potato

Why would you have to pay everyone's "fair share?"
Where do you think all the money is going to come from to pay for all these free thing's, Bernie has already spent the entire wealth of the planet 7 times. He is going to take my savings and my kids savings and we will all be serfs

I don't believe you understand just what you're getting in return. Everyone pays taxes in return for services and protections, this is the social contract.
Yup, so who gets to decide which services they want and don't want?

The economy grows thanks in part to welfare systems.
Oh, please, do tell.
Do I need to explain how the economy works, how basic survival and money into the hands of the people who NEED to spend money helps grow business and increase profit.
So, the government takes money from me, gives it to my neighbor who doesn't work, who takes it to the store and buys Twinkies for his kids that my tax dollars support their education and health care, my neighbor gets Twinkies, the store gets profit from the twinkies and the girl ringing up the sale gets a paycheck and the Twinkie manufacturer makes profit off of the Twinkie, which he writes off so he doesn't have to give any of it back to my lazy neighbor. I think that pretty much covers it.
Save money, what? It's literally easier than ever. Like I'm not sure how you think the system works.
Sure it is with Trump running the show, put Bernie the Clown in office and he will spend it all on "free energy"

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Where do you think all the money is going to come from to pay for all these free thing's, Bernie has already spent the entire wealth of the planet 7 times. He is going to take my savings and my kids savings and we will all be serfs
Yeah, show me where he's going after YOUR money, lmao. Big boogie man Bernie coming right to your door to steal your hard working cash flow. When in reality, relatively, you earn very little. Please, show me the facts supporting your claim.

Yup, so who gets to decide which services they want and don't want?
You.

Oh, please, do tell.
Welfare helps the economy grow by placing services and money into the hands of people who need to spend said money or need services for survivability. This means more demand and thus more growth. More growth means businesses can create more jobs and pay more people and pay those people better, it's a cycle. People don't leech off welfare they use it to survive. It's supplemental income and services. It's part of how some people can feed their families. When you take that away they become a threat to society, crimes rises and poverty ensues. You think martial law, militarized law enforcement and a war in the streets is better than taxes?

Making the average American less poor makes the economy better. Do I need to explain further how the middle and lower class enables a flourishing capitalist economy, or are you able to research that on your own? As it is literally American history.

So, the government takes money from me, gives it to my neighbor who doesn't work, who takes it to the store and buys Twinkies for his kids that my tax dollars support their education and health care, my neighbor gets Twinkies, the store gets profit from the twinkies and the girl ringing up the sale gets a paycheck and the Twinkie manufacturer makes profit off of the Twinkie, which he writes off so he doesn't have to give any of it back to my lazy neighbor. I think that pretty much covers it.
Do you have evidence that a large number of people do this or is this that MSM propaganda again? Because there is evidence to the contrary. Many programs require at least 30 hours a week of work to apply. More than 80% of all food stamp money goes to households that include children, elderly, or people with disabilities, these are people who can not work full time or at all. If wages weren't dog shit and conglomerates didn't get tax breaks a lot of this wouldn't be talked about.

Everyone has the rights to basic living essentials while living in the US, its what America is all about. If you want corpses in the streets and think that's better than real people getting help then there is nothing I can say to change your mind. At that point, you're just morally bankrupt.

Sure it is with Trump running the show, put Bernie the Clown in office and he will spend it all on "free energy"
Like I said before, you're a minnow in an Ocean. You seem to think all the spending and tax breaks going on now are going to last forever, you're going to be in a painful ride when we have no economic stimulus for the eventual recession.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, show me where he's going after YOUR money, lmao. Big boogie man Bernie coming right to your door to steal your hard working cash flow. When in reality, relatively, you earn very little. Please, show me the facts supporting your claim.
I will just address this with a very small part of my savings, I have money invested in energy companies that I hope to one day be able to buy groceries with when I am old and aren't able to work anymore. If these companies are nationalized or taxed or sued out of existence, that money is gone and I will have to ask someone for food money. now multiply that by every industry that Bernie wants to take over.

You're fired, go home.

Welfare helps the economy grow by placing services and money into the hands of people who need to spend said money or need services for survivability. This means more demand and thus more growth. More growth means businesses can create more jobs and pay more people and pay those people better, it's a cycle. People don't leech off welfare they use it to survive. It's supplemental income and services. It's part of how some people can feed their families. When you take that away they become a threat to society, crimes rises and poverty ensues. You think martial law, militarized law enforcement and a war in the streets is better than taxes?
Imagine if these people worked and added to the GDP of the country, sure there are some people out there that need a helping hand and as Americans and humans, we are happy to help, but there are many, many people who are abusing the system. Especially now with the job market doing so well due to Trump's economic reforms.

Making the average American less poor makes the economy better. Do I need to explain further how the middle and lower class enables a flourishing capitalist economy, or are you able to research that on your own? As it is literally American history.
I am middle class so I think I understand flourishing.
Do you have evidence that a large number of people do this or is this that MSM propaganda again? Because there is evidence to the contrary. Many programs require at least 30 hours a week of work to apply. More than 80% of all food stamp money goes to households that include children, elderly, or people with disabilities, these are people who can not work full time or at all. If wages weren't dog shit and conglomerates didn't get tax breaks a lot of this wouldn't be talked about.
Just open thy eyes, grasshopper. If people were busy working, they wouldn't have time for vices, crime and uncontrolled procreation. The job market drives wages, have a good skill and you will always be employable.
Everyone has the rights to basic living essentials while living in the US, its what America is all about. If you want corpses in the streets and think that's better than real people getting help then there is nothing I can say to change your mind. At that point, you're just morally bankrupt.
No one has ever tried to take food from the mouths of babies, this is where you guys inject feelings in to the equation and try to pull the morality/guilt card on everyone. Some personal responsibility from people would go a long way towards fixing the country's problems. The war on poverty has been going on since before either of us were born and it has not achieved anything except to breed more poverty and despair.

Like I said before, you're a minnow in an Ocean. You seem to think all the spending and tax breaks going on now are going to last forever, you're going to be in a painful ride when we have no economic stimulus for the eventual recession.
So destroying the economy is going to fix the economy?

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I will just address this with a very small part of my savings, I have money invested in energy companies that I hope to one day be able to buy groceries with when I am old and aren't able to work anymore. If these companies are nationalized or taxed or sued out of existence, that money is gone and I will have to ask someone for food money. now multiply that by every industry that Bernie wants to take over.
Sorry to burst your bubble but, learn to hedge as nothing is certain, or just invest with vanguard if you don't understand fundamentals, or the market.

Imagine if these people worked and added to the GDP of the country, sure there are some people out there that need a helping hand and as Americans and humans, we are happy to help, but there are many, many people who are abusing the system. Especially now with the job market doing so well due to Trump's economic reforms.
Yeah, they do work for pennies because companies want to maximize profit for their shareholders. What are you not understanding about unregulated capitalism? Show proof of how they're negatively affecting GDP and that low wages aren't.

Just open thy eyes, grasshopper. If people were busy working, they wouldn't have time for vices, crime and uncontrolled procreation. The job market drives wages, have a good skill and you will always be employable.
No one has ever tried to take food from the mouths of babies, this is where you guys inject feelings in to the equation and try to pull the morality/guilt card on everyone. Some personal responsibility from people would go a long way towards fixing the country's problems. The war on poverty has been going on since before either of us were born and it has not achieved anything except to breed more poverty and despair.
Jesus Christ, lmao.

So destroying the economy is going to fix the economy?
Its a market cycle, it goes up and it goes down. When it goes down you try to stimulate the economy so we can push out of a recession quickly so that people do not die. How do you think we stimulate an economy?

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Last thing I'm going to say on your terrible conception of government and I'll let this thread get back on topic, sorry guys.

There is no free market equivalent to the CDC, there's no legal or judicial system without the government, no means to peaceably resolve disputes.

No way would it be profitable to make sure that the vast majority of teens can read, write, do arithmetic, etc, rather we'd have Chinese style sweetshops.

The government isn't efficient and for good god damn reason! Effectiveness and efficiency are often opposed, if efficiency is getting the maximum result for the minimum investment, than the military is incredibly bureaucratic and wasteful, but thats what makes it so damn good.

You don't win a war by sending the absolute minimum amount of men and material that you believe it would take to succeed and pray your math was correct and luck is on your side. You win by destroying the enemy with overwhelming force. Yes, in retrospect, maybe you could have done it with 10% less people, guns, etc. But you don't know that in advance and you surely do not want to lose.

This is true for almost all of government programs. The goal isn't to provide just enough resources to get by its to ensure you get the job done. Be it winning a war, or vaccinating the country, or preventing starvation.

There are millions of dollars worth of stockpiled medicines that will expire on the shelves rather than being used. Is that efficient? Depends, if you're fine with letting an outbreak run rampant for months and years just so you can start up a production line. In that case, yeah, you'll save a lot of money. Woohoo people died so I didn't have to pay them and we didn't have to spend money on vaccines, win win for the company!

The point of government isn't to save money at all times, it's to provide services that are not and never will be profitable by themselves but are needed for society to function.

Many of the things people love to bitch about with government are caused by trying to be too efficient. Something as hated as the DMV is because of efficiency. Lets say we pay each worker 50k a year, adding 2 or more people to each location would vastly increase operations and your taxes would go up maybe a penny a year.

But because you're terrified of big gov we make a lot of programs operate on a extremely tight budget and then get frustrated they aren't convenient, they don't work, and that they are terrible and thats just once example.

It's like a car, if you want something that's reliable and works well with good gas mileage, you don't drive a high mile, rusting, old car. You get a new car, and yeah, thats going to cost you up front but will it pay off in the long run when you're not stuck on the side of the road paying out a grand every few months to keep it going along.

Moreover, a perfect example of one of the utter failures of the private sector doing a gov job is food distribution and waste.

Social policies are the medicine that keeps capitalism from getting sick and killing millions.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last thing I'm going to say on your terrible conception of government and I'll let this thread get back on topic, sorry guys.
I think I understand it just fine

There is no free market equivalent to the CDC,
so keep this in the 20% that doesn't get the axe
there's no legal or judicial system without the government, no means to peaceably resolve disputes.
There is a court house in the county seat here, have never seen any federal judges or fed law enforcement there though
No way would it be profitable to make sure that the vast majority of teens can read, write, do arithmetic, etc, rather we'd have Chinese style sweetshops.
It is profitable for each individual to make sure you have these skills so you don't have to work for minimum wage forever
The government isn't efficient and for good god damn reason! Effectiveness and efficiency are often opposed, if efficiency is getting the maximum result for the minimum investment, than the military is incredibly bureaucratic and wasteful, but thats what makes it so damn good.
Do you really believe this?
You don't win a war by sending the absolute minimum amount of men and material that you believe it would take to succeed and pray your math was correct and luck is on your side. You win by destroying the enemy with overwhelming force. Yes, in retrospect, maybe you could have done it with 10% less people, guns, etc. But you don't know that in advance and you surely do not want to lose.
We were talking about non military spending, I made sure I covered that, if the .gov are going to send Americans over to a foreign country to be targets, I don't care how much it costs to keep them safe, it is money well spent.
This is true for almost all of government programs. The goal isn't to provide just enough resources to get by its to ensure you get the job done. Be it winning a war, or vaccinating the country, or preventing starvation.

There are millions of dollars worth of stockpiled medicines that will expire on the shelves rather than being used. Is that efficient? Depends, if you're fine with letting an outbreak run rampant for months and years just so you can start up a production line. In that case, yeah, you'll save a lot of money. Woohoo people died so I didn't have to pay them and we didn't have to spend money on vaccines, win win for the company!

The point of government isn't to save money at all times, it's to provide services that are not and never will be profitable by themselves but are needed for society to function.
Now you are just being ridiculous.
Many of the things people love to bitch about with government are caused by trying to be too efficient. Something as hated as the DMV is because of efficiency. Lets say we pay each worker 50k a year, adding 2 or more people to each location would vastly increase operations and your taxes would go up maybe a penny a year.
I would like to see the Bernie Math on that one.
But because you're terrified of big gov we make a lot of programs operate on a extremely tight budget and then get frustrated they aren't convenient, they don't work, and that they are terrible and thats just once example.
they would be more convenient if they didn't exist
It's like a car, if you want something that's reliable and works well with good gas mileage, you don't drive a high mile, rusting, old car. You get a new car, and yeah, thats going to cost you up front but will it pay off in the long run when you're not stuck on the side of the road paying out a grand every few months to keep it going along.
Now you are trying to equate the bloated govt to a new car from the private sector.
Moreover, a perfect example of one of the utter failures of the private sector doing a gov job is food distribution and waste.
But it is privately paid for and wasted,not taken from someone against their will and pissed away. And I am sure that there is lots of food wasted in the .gov. How much wasted food is dumped overboard everyday from every Navy ship? I bet it is a staggering amount.
Social policies are the medicine that keeps capitalism from getting sick and killing millions.
52 million people in the US beneffited form social welfare programs, are you trying to tell me we have 52 million infirm people in this country?

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The country's 21,656,200 government workers earned an average $51,340 per year, or $24.69 per hour, as of May 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This compared with the $45,230, or $21.74, earned by all 128,278,550 workers in all industries.

You are saying if we increase this wage disparity even 10% that there would be negligible impact on the cost? You might be the author of Bernie Math. Have you ever worked in the private sector where you had to produce something or provide services to someone in a free market environment?

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
The country's 21,656,200 government workers earned an average $51,340 per year, or $24.69 per hour, as of May 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. This compared with the $45,230, or $21.74, earned by all 128,278,550 workers in all industries.

You are saying if we increase this wage disparity even 10% that there would be negligible impact on the cost? You might be the author of Bernie Math. Have you ever worked in the private sector where you had to produce something or provide services to someone in a free market environment?

Firstly, it was an example. Secondly, DMV has 8300 employees. You're far too illiterate and clueless to be speaking on the
legitimacy of government, but by all means start another thread.

Now back to disagreeing with celebrities and their opinions.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Firstly, it was an example. Secondly, DMV has 8300 employees. You're far too illiterate and clueless to be speaking on the legitimacy of government, but by all means start another thread.

Now back to disagreeing with celebrities and their opinions.
That's Dr. illiterate to you.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Hey, when is Brad Pitt's next movie coming out?

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, when is Brad Pitt's next movie coming out?
Who care's we have officially changed this thread to the drooling over Jenifer Aniston thread.
power-of-women-la-jennifer-aniston.jpg

OP
OP
Hack

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Can we have some Angelina Jolie pictures? Or are those off-topic?
angelina-jolie.jpg

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Whether you like Brad or not he saved us from World War Z so we could use him right now :)

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can we have some Angelina Jolie pictures? Or are those off-topic?
angelina-jolie.jpg
Off topic, go start your own thread:thumbsdown:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.