Losing DI pressure in logs

Twin67Gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
STarted a log for tuner (lund) at 9 lbs and at about 6000 rpm accoridng to the log I lost all di pressure. As in the only pressure im seeing is like 60 psi which is just the normal rail pressure.

The afr remains the same which I would think says its not actually losing pressure but that its a sensor issue or something else. I ordered a high pressure sensor. I assume the sensor isnt the one on the side of the di pump correct?

ALso any other ideas as to what it could be?
Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I have heard that DI pressure sensor failure is common and normally make it appear like the DI system has lost almost all pressure.

OP
OP

Twin67Gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I have heard that DI pressure sensor failure is common and normally make it appear like the DI system has lost almost all pressure.
Yeah i saw that on a fast google search but it appeared to be on just eco boost engines so I didnt think it was an issue with the gt's. But yeah I ordered a sensor for the high pressure side. Hoping I dont have to pull the intake mani to get to the sensor. I know the di pump has a sensor or pig tail plug on it but I wasnt sure what the sensor/plug actually did

OP
OP

Twin67Gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Update!

New sensor has arrived. So ford diagram shows high pressure sensor for the gt’s to be on the driver side back or engine.

Anyone ever install one? Jw if there’s any tricks. Pretty tight in there. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

Twin67Gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
someone has to have removed this sensor!! nobody? Guess ill mess with it tomorrow and report back

OP
OP

Twin67Gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well, you have to remove intake manifold to change the high pressure fuel pressure sensor. It is indeed on the driver side under the intake manifold.

I swapped sensors and went for a drive and the car holds about 980 psi worth of fuel pressure on the high pressure side as long as cruising but as soon as i go into boost the pressure drops off to like 40 psi.

Thinking maybe my fuel pressure regulator source or the high pressure pump itself maybe. idk

S550TermiXO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra 2018 Mustang GT 2020 Mustang GT
Twin67Gt, ever find out your issue? I’m banging my head against the wall trying to figure out fueling issues right now.