Sponsored

Loose E-brake handle.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wasn't sure if I should even bother posting this, but one problem my GT has had, other than the infamous "tick", is the E-brake handle tension was very loose from the day I got it. You could bump the handle upward and before it would even ratchet, the light would come on. It would just flop up and down a good 2" without any engagement. There used to be a barrel adjustment underneath in front of the cable splitter just above the resonator, but I think in the new 2018's that adjustment is now located inside the center console. They tore it apart, adjusted it in an hour, and it was done.
Just thought I'd toss that out there for anyone with the same issue. It may be something you can fix fairly easily on your own, if you don't want to drag it into the service dept.
Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Mine is the same way on my '17 EB. I've just lived with it. If there's a way to adjust it I'd love to know.

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Mine is the same way on my '17 EB. I've just lived with it. If there's a way to adjust it I'd love to know.
Like I said. I saw the brake tech at the service center start tearing apart the center console. I'm assuming the new adjustment for that is located in the center console, because when I had the car up on jacks, I used a small mirror to look at the cable splitter located next to the resonator. I could not see anything on that splitter that allowed for adjustment like the 2015-2017. So, I think the adjuster is now in the center console by the E-brake handle.

Brazen_Chariot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Like I said. I saw the brake tech at the service center start tearing apart the center console. I'm assuming the new adjustment for that is located in the center console, because when I had the car up on jacks, I used a small mirror to look at the cable splitter located next to the resonator. I could not see anything on that splitter that allowed for adjustment like the 2015-2017. So, I think the adjuster is now in the center console by the E-brake handle.
I had this same issue when I took delivery of my car. I brought it in for service and they fixed this and a random rattle that I had in my dash at the same time.