Long Tube Headers and Steering Column Shaft

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Just put a small notch in it, shouldn't affect performance. Just the price to pay when going with an off-brand header. Kooks, ARH, Corsa, SW, SP, TS, and LTH have way better fitment with direct installation. But the trade-off is that they are a tad more expensive, Just the price to pay for perfect fitment.
Sponsored

FoMoCo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
Wish I would have seen this thread prior to purchasing my 2m headers. I am having the same issues as you guys have described. I purchased the classic set with cats. Steering shaft issues and connection pipe fitment issues. Any pointers on steering shaft clearance that worked for you?

Socal Stangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Wish I would have seen this thread prior to purchasing my 2m headers. I am having the same issues as you guys have described. I purchased the classic set with cats. Steering shaft issues and connection pipe fitment issues. Any pointers on steering shaft clearance that worked for you?
Yup, trash. I ended up taking them off after beating the crap out of them to fit. I sold the mid pipes and literally threw the headers in the trash. Very low quality for sure.

FoMoCo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
I am with you. Completely fed up. I cannot get these to work out no matter what I tried. They are coming off. What a total waste of time and money.

If many are having these same issues with 2m Fab headers why havenā€™t they been challenged? I have a hard time purchasing a product that does not work and having to eat the cost of it.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I am with you. Completely fed up. I cannot get these to work out no matter what I tried. They are coming off. What a total waste of time and money.

If many are having these same issues with 2m Fab headers why havenā€™t they been challenged? I have a hard time purchasing a product that does not work and having to eat the cost of it.
Some people are willing to roll the dice on the lower end ones to save $$. It works out for some but obviously not for all. Personally I'd rather pay a bit more for guaranteed fitment and quality.

Sponsored

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP

If it were me I'd try contacting 2M for a refund. I'm guessing that won't go very far and then I'd contact my CC company to try and get reimbursement.

The ebay ad for these headers used to say they were handmade somewhere in Idaho. I've seen at least 2, maybe 3 different iterations of these and the materials/construction looked totally different on each. Makes me think they aren't handmade in Idaho.

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
They are 2M. They are nice and everything went in without issue. Once I lowered the motor back down is when I noticed it. The steering turns, but it is right on the shaft. Now in 2019 Ford changed the AC lines so the passenger side is right at the ac block. If it was a 2015 it would not have been an issue. Having done a 2015 and now a 2019 header install I now know this. So if I put in lowering mounts it may put the header below the ac block allowing me to shift the motor over to the passenger side thereby giving more clearance to shaft. So I just need to figure out best path to take.

20201003_144523.jpg

20201004_134927.jpg
Same thing with my 2m headers on a gen 2. SUCH A PAIN!

FoMoCo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
Same thing with my 2m headers on a gen 2. SUCH A PAIN!
Looks like many of us are having the same issues. I removed the 2m Fab headers and installed Texas Speed. Great fit. No clearance issues on passenger or drivers side. I took pictures prior to removing the 2m for documentation purposes. Again, I would recommend buying anything but the 2m headers. Cost me a lot of wasted time, stress, and extreme frustration.

I donā€™t understand how this company is still in business producing headers that do not fit. Need to spread the word across the Mustang community. I should be able to send them an invoice for having to do the job twice

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like many of us are having the same issues. I removed the 2m Fab headers and installed Texas Speed. Great fit. No clearance issues on passenger or drivers side. I took pictures prior to removing the 2m for documentation purposes. Again, I would recommend buying anything but the 2m headers. Cost me a lot of wasted time, stress, and extreme frustration.

I donā€™t understand how this company is still in business producing headers that do not fit. Need to spread the word across the Mustang community. I should be able to send them an invoice for having to do the job twice

By chance were the 2m headers the cheaper, of the two........ have an idea in mind?

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
By chance were the 2m headers the cheaper, of the two........ have an idea in mind?
2M headers are cheaper... the problem is they say it is USA hand made and fits perfectly when in fact many of us are starting to see many issues with fitment with these headers. I will attach a picture of the beating my 2m headers had to go through to make them barely fit.

299AD2CB-D9A8-447F-AB63-E96E853B4488.jpeg

94232C91-FF52-43F6-AE50-DE62BDB747DF.jpeg

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I get the fit problem with the cheaper part, believe me.

Low ball parts are mostly like that.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Does Texas Speed and Stainless Power have these issues ? They are a tier above 2M in pricing but still not as expensive as Kooks, ARH, etc. I'm curious because my Stainless Power will be delivered next week.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same, and it was close, but I was able to clear it on my 18 GT. I found the driver side soooo much easier than the passenger side, which took me close to 12 hours alone. Wish I had thought to take the AC out before I did it, would have gone much faster. If ended up doing a little dropping and lifting of the engine to make the header studs/bolts available. Borrowed a Cherry picker, loosened and disconnected the motor mounts, and playing with a little raising and lowering made it go a whole lot smoother. It was a learning experience for sure, but if it were me, I'd do the 2M again without thinking twice, everybody is eventually copying everybody, so why would I pay double if I didn't have to?

Losobaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt w/PP
i am having this problem with my 15, the customer service is rude and is completely trash...but i knew what i was getting into when rolling the dice so ill just have to make them fit
Sponsored