Sponsored

Loaner car for 24+ hour warranty repair (South SF Bay Area)

prash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Mustang GT
Hi guys,

I have some warranty repair to be done. I went into Sunnyvale Ford dealer yesterday and they said this will take more than a day to complete. I have scheduled to go in on Tuesday morning.
They said they will not be able to provide loaner car unless I had a ESP.
Is this true? Are there other dealers in the area who will provide loaner for this? Should I go try other dealers ? Any experiences ?

Thanks,
Prash
Sponsored

OP
OP

prash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Mustang GT
Posting up here as I did not get a response in the California local section.

Hi guys,

I have some warranty repair to be done. I went into Sunnyvale Ford dealer yesterday and they said this will take more than a day to complete. I have scheduled to go in on Tuesday morning.
They said they will not be able to provide loaner car unless I had a ESP.
Is this true? Are there other dealers in the area who will provide loaner for this? Should I go try other dealers ? Any experiences ?

Thanks,
Prash

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
It's true, you need the ESP.
Frankly I am surprised how often I need take advantage of this benefit.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
yeah they wont if ya dont have the esp.. which is crappy if your dealer was cool they would at least get ya something. plus seeing as its warranty work

Furious D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/PP
It's horseshit but it's true.

My car has been out of service since June 6th and it wasn't until I got the BBB involved that the dealer/Ford agreed to put me in a rental due to the extreme circumstances.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Most of the time the dealer you buy from will provide you with a loaner car, but not any general dealer unless you have ESP. The one I buy from provides me with a loaner long after the warranty is exhausted, but we know them pretty well and have shopped there many times before.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Like others have said. It depends on the dealer. In Florida I had no problems getting a rental (from Enterprise, not a dealer loaner) any time warranty work would take more than a day. Now that I've moved back to Wisconsin, my dealer has loaner cars. They've even given them to me for an oil change because I live outside their shuttle service.

So, it doesn't hurt to call around to other dealers.

DeLorean17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does seem to be a dealer specific thing. The dealer that I bought the car from also gave me a loaner Focus when I had some warranty paint work done. Had the loaner for almost a week.

I worked at a Toyota dealer that had an Enterprise desk in it, and if work was going to take more than a day, they'd give an Enterprise car for free.

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
Like others have said. It depends on the dealer. In Florida I had no problems getting a rental (from Enterprise, not a dealer loaner) any time warranty work would take more than a day. Now that I've moved back to Wisconsin, my dealer has loaner cars. They've even given them to me for an oil change because I live outside their shuttle service.

So, it doesn't hurt to call around to other dealers.
Wife and I both worked for a Ford Dealer at one time. I was in Fleet Dept. and she was on the service side. Bottom line, no loaner car unless you have ESP, and that loaner is taken care of by ESP, not the dealer. We used to send our fleet customers out on a "test drive" in a new car when there service was being done. We just considered it good customer service. Service dept. wouldn't do squat to help out the customer.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I brought my EB in for the heat shield re-call and an oil change/tire rotation that took them 2 days to do....I was without a car for 3 days with no loaner....and then I noticed about 3 weeks /a month later one of the wheel locks missing....Last time that dealer will ever touch my car...

Sponsored

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
[MENTION=9288]prash[/MENTION] long time no chat! Did you ever get that black roof wrap done?

Well, first question is did you purchase the vehicle at that dealership? I would think they would cover your work if you bought the vehicle from them.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
If car is still under factory warrantee you don't need it. I went to capital ford same place I bought car and had to go back twice. Both times got rental. Have regular 36kmile warantee

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Agree with above I've had multiple warranty repairs all covered with loaner under ford with basic 36k mile warranty.

Any time It's warranty work approved by ford I was told that you should always get a loaner but only if the dealer has to keep the car more than 24 hours and not only that the part or part(s) if available overnight shipped to the dealer. only exception would be lengthily repairs like transmissions or engine blocks etc that are on constraint.

mfelix15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Agree with the last two. From my experience I've taken mine in twice where they kept it overnight for warranty related issues, and both of those times i got a loaner/rental... but that was only because I asked about. If I wouldn't of said anything they would of not given me one.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Weird, I was told same info as OP.
You got mixed responses here, too http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59648&highlight=Loaner :shrug:
Maybe I am confused as there is an onsite Enterprise and they pay for my rental econobox? I would imagine they are one and the same as the Lexus ones that advertise the dealer on the rear window?
Sponsored

Last edited: