Sponsored

Loaner car for 24+ hour warranty repair (South SF Bay Area)

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I was told there would be no courtesy car when / if I had the trunk lid and bumper aligned and painted.
Apparently Ford has done this to make more $$ for corporate. My previous new Explorer's in the '90's always came with a free courtesy car.
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I think it just depends on your dealer and the person helping you

OP
OP

prash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Mustang GT
[MENTION=6352]Stangman[/MENTION]: I have not done yet. keeping it stock as long as i can. hopefully will have it done soon - next few months!

OP
OP

prash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply guys. I was able to get a rental from the dealership after talking for like 30 mins. But i don't think all issues I had got fixed.

q1: Do you guys get a low humming noise (more like a turbo spool) when driving slowly in traffic or parking lot in 1st gear ? They said this is common with all manual Mustang GTs. Can anyone confirm ?

q2: Does the Maps provide traffic for streets? I only see it for freeways. As in the red vs green markings - not the icon notification.

q3: Does the a/c blower speed go up and down by itself ? even when its not set to auto ?

Thanks again,
Prash

OP
OP

prash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. So the dealership wouldnt give rental/loaner unless you have ESP. This is the Ford policy.
I got a rental after talking to the person for about 30 mins.
Like some have said above - it is totally dealer dependent.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
q3: Does the a/c blower speed go up and down by itself ? even when its not set to auto ?

Thanks again,
Prash
I can only reply to is this one, and it's just to say that yes, my a/c does the same thing and I have no idea why. Never took it in to ask.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
Hi guys,
Should I go try other dealers ? Any experiences ?

Thanks,
Prash
Stay far far away from sunnyvale ford. Liars that have no concept of customer service.

Had to file a formal complaint with Ford against them a year ago.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Yes with A/C blower
Many cars seem to have it but no one seems to have experienced problems. :shrug:

I try not to let it bother me but it is reminiscent of the one that kept breaking in my Wrangler. :rolleyes:

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
The ac starts low and than turns up once it's starting to get cold.. not sure if that's what you are referring too.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
If car is still under factory warrantee you don't need it. I went to capital ford same place I bought car and had to go back twice. Both times got rental. Have regular 36kmile warantee
Good to hear since I bought mine there, and its going in for a horrible door gap, and weatherstripping that is falling off.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Every Ford dealer I go to gives me crap about not buying from them and therefore I cannot have a loaner when the car is being worked on. Chevrolet dealer, practically shove me into a rental car against my will. Had a lemom Mercedes, but at least gotta give it to them that they always had a C250 or CLA prepped and ready for me to drive.

It's a dealer cost and, along with diagnostic and transmission techs, they've cut corners. It seems, anyway. I don't remember my parents not being offered a loaner from the dealerships their cars came from, even if it was bought used. That was why they went to a dealership and paid more, relatively... the loaner. I guess these days insurance and what not has just made it too expensive.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
what is ESP?

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
The 4 cylinder would probably stumble and die if Ford allowed you to turn on the full A/C on when the engine started. It just doesn't have enough poop to live and run the compressor at the same time: but that's jmho.

Basically, the a/c in the EB sucks, imho, when it's hot outside. About 30 minutes after starting and 25 miles on the odometer it will start getting comfortable when it's 100* outside. You also have to be willing to withstand the fan noise at Max A/C.

The local Ford dealer, surprise, surprise, hasn't had anyone mention or complain about it. I guess I'll drive my wife's Flex when it's hot out. That a/c system is awesome.

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB

Jww92201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The 4 cylinder would probably stumble and die if Ford allowed you to turn on the full A/C on when the engine started. It just doesn't have enough poop to live and run the compressor at the same time: but that's jmho.

Basically, the a/c in the EB sucks, imho, when it's hot outside. About 30 minutes after starting and 25 miles on the odometer it will start getting comfortable when it's 100* outside. You also have to be willing to withstand the fan noise at Max A/C.

The local Ford dealer, surprise, surprise, hasn't had anyone mention or complain about it. I guess I'll drive my wife's Flex when it's hot out. That a/c system is awesome.
I know It's just your opinion but I'd have someone look at your A/C system/compressor some people have reported problems of them not working properly or working too hard due to malfunctioning etc. I would also recommend cleaning your engine bay, I had mine detailed and dressed and It's been super clean since then, especially living In a desert It can get quite dirty fast but whatever the guy used Is keeping dirt off the plastics.

I've got to disagree, It shouldn't take that long for the car to warm up and get going before you're comfortable. I've had my car nearly a year and the A/C has been fantastic, It's been averaging 110-115 out here the past few days, I just remote start the car and let the A/C run for a bit before getting In, but then again who doesn't let their car warm up from cold start anyway? I've only had It on the 3~4 fan speed never need to max it out and I'm perfectly comfortable.

I only had loud fan noise yesterday while leaving work but It was 110 with 25% humidity! I'm sure the car doesn't like humidity at all.. otherwise It's been great.

As for this thread, ESP Is the extended warranty that covers all wear/tear and electrical issues and also provides a loaner for any time any warranty work Is performed, however If the dealer you're working with Isn't willing to give you a loaner If they are keeping the car for more than 24 hours go elsewhere. My local dealer Isn't even where I bought the car from and they've gone more than above and beyond for me, even offering a loaner for me If I so choose to take one I haven't had to ask and I only have the basic warranty that came with the car. I do have a currently warranty issue that they're aware of but I'm going to get It fixed when my second service comes due, and thats the window moldings are all Indented/dented In. :thumbsup:

I'd also like to add that the 2016 EDGE Titanium I was In recently as a loaner car had terrible A/C compared to my mustang.
Sponsored