Limp Mode

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Get a $15 cable, and use FORScan to read any codes. Plus you can make several changes that will enhance your ownership, like deleting chimes, changing Sync colors, etc. Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked for codes last night by starting the car in that dealer info mode and I didn't have anything saved.

I'm still going to bring the car in when I can to check things out and make sure it's not the throttle body, transmission, etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PizzyP

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Did this occur again for you?

It randomly happened to me for the first time today. I was just cruising in traffic on my commute route when the wrench appeared and the car started driving like a dog. I had the 'Check Manual' message as well as an active exhaust error.

Limp mode sucks and is alarming. At low revs the car was super quiet and neutered and at about 3.5k it would lurch forward and the exhaust would get louder. Turning off the engine briefly several times didn't fix it but after the car sat off for about 5 minutes it went away. Unfortunately I don't have a code reader and my dealership said they would "get back to me."

I just had spacers put on yesterday so I imagine the Magneride may have gotten a little freaked out. That said, all my modifications have been done by my dealership's sister performance garage so hopefully that will work in my favor if they try to say it's my fault.
thankfully it has not happened again. Obviously gone through several car washes since as well and nothing to mention. Hope the same for you.

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
thankfully it has not happened again. Obviously gone through several car washes since as well and nothing to mention. Hope the same for you.
Glad to hear it!

zack.whitford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I still haven't heard back from my dealership but the great people at Galpin Auto Sports told me to bring it in and they would run the code for me. This is what we came back with:

IMG_1357.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
PizzyP

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
different than my code

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Found OBD, went out and scanned, code came back as P061B. When I started the car for first time since yesterday, the wrench was gone.
Common code with a tune. is the car tuned? Shouldn’t happen stock.

OP
OP
PizzyP

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Common code with a tune. is the car tuned? Shouldn’t happen stock.
Car is stock, unless dealership did it before i bought it (only had 12 miles when i purchased it) or someone did it while I was asleep one night without my knowledge, or i guess when it was in the body shop could've been done, for free.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Car is stock, unless dealership did it before i bought it (only had 12 miles when i purchased it) or someone did it while I was asleep one night without my knowledge, or i guess when it was in the body shop could've been done, for free.
Nah that’s odd. I got that code once cleared it and had my car retuned by a way more competent shop because the shop I originally went to clearly didn’t know how to tune properly which is why the code is usually generated. The code is common with tunes that really are lacking proper “tuning”.
Sponsored