Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Depends on the definition of short term, because there are scalpers in form of dealers and private buyer's hunting HEP's that are selling for MSRP and then immediately trying to flip them for $5000 to $10000 if not more over MSRP.
Despite what has been said, I've seen these "cool cars" go for MSRP.

There is some hype, but I certainly wouldn't pay anything more than MSRP for one.

I was extremely lucky to get $62k for my TY R on a trade towards my CFTP. That was exceptional.

Initially there will be hype, it will settle down, and then it will either go up or down depending on demand.

Don't get me wrong. I SUGGEST that the HEP Rs are COOL CARS. I almost pursued one, but a wise old man told me to keep the two I have and get the CFTP 500
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Depends on the definition of short term, because there are scalpers in form of dealers and private buyer's hunting HEP's that are selling for MSRP and then immediately trying to flip them for $5000 to $10000 if not more over MSRP.
You just have to love some of the owners of GT500 CFTP cars who come onto this forum and preach to us HEP R model owners all of the virtues or lack thereof for the HEP R's and what we should be paying for these cars whether is be MSRP or an ADM! :giggle:

Who gives a crap about a VIN specific car cover for a CFTP car and pretty much tells you how much ego is involved with some of these comments and what a condescending post to us HEP R owners! :lipssealed:

As far as a trade in value of $62K for a used R model for a CFTP car what has that got to do with any of what we are discussing here??:cwl:

With respect to our HEP R cars being a badge and sticker car who gives a rats ass about all that and wonder why certain individuals come onto this forum to brag about their 2020 CFTP which comes with a VIN specific car cover?

Regardless of how collectible a 2020 HEP R is compared to a 2020 GT500 CFTP car maybe take a look at the final production numbers for each of these 2 seat cars and suggest that we will all find that the final production numbers for the GT500 CFTP cars will far exceed by a large margin that of the 2 seat HEP R's by a great deal and that those production numbers will pretty much speak for themselves.

Lastly, I am sure happy that once I start up my car and drive away that I don't have to just turn a dial in the middle of my console in order to put my car in gear therefore suggest each to their own!

:sunglasses:

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
PP001 said:
Lastly, I am sure happy that once I start up my car and drive away that I don't have to just turn a dial in the middle of my console in order to put my car in gear therefore suggest each to their own!

:sunglasses:
Your entire post hit the nail on the head, and the above statement is the absolute truth.

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
This is how I feel about it.... if the HEP is what you are after for whatever reason, have at it. Enjoy it. I personally suggest that the HEP is a cool car and it represents the history and the pinnacle of the GT350R. However, I've been down this road with the latest and the greatest..... these are not collector cars. Buy them, enjoy them, but don't think you are buying something super rare that will be a treasure chest down the road.

I think the purpose of the HEP is to take pride in the heritage of the GT350 as it heads out the door (for now).
I am not discrediting the GT500, it is a killer package, but the auto is an instant turnoff....even with the paddle shifters. Not everyone, myself included, has larges amounts of disposable income to own copious amounts of high end cars; so let me borrow your GT500 for a couple weeks and I'll let you know my final determination. It would look good in my garage for those couple weeks.

Additionally it is my opinion for you to state HEP's are not collector cars is at best premature as no one can predict the future. It is possible you may eat your words based on the final production numbers of the HEP R's...as PP001 previously mentioned. I would not be surprised if there was a person, such as yourself, who said the same thing about the original GT350's. That being said a reasonable car enthusiast typically does not buy a car solely based on the precedent of an investment.

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Hey,

My advice is to buy the car for what it is. I almost did. I, in no way am SUGGESTING that you are not buying a COOL AND TERRIFIC car. You would be. Don't look back.... But dont do it thinking that it is an investment.

Let me tell you about my experience with the GT350 platform. In late 2015, I bought a GT350 track pack. That was when they wanted huge, huge markups. My dealership wanted 20K over sticker for it. I walked on it and they stopped me from leaving. I wound up trading that in for a '17R. I bought that one for 2K over MSRP because people didnt like the color yellow or something. That time was similar, they wanted 20K over for the car and I bought it for almost MSRP. Time went on as the GT500 program was delayed. This car was my placeholder. In early 2019, I put my deposit down on the GT500 and shortly thereafter made my trade in deal.

Well, as you know, values dropped. The dealership honored my trade deal and my purchase deal for the 500. My point is that these hype cars loose value over time. I think that the HEP will eventually be a collector, but it will be way way down the road.

If I tried to sell my 1 of 19 TY R today, it would probably pull in a little over 50K. I think down the road, the car will be valuable. Matt from Ford Performance told me to not sell that car. However, just as Harry knows, you cant own every single one of them. So you keep the miles off and you sell them. Isn't that right Harry?

So, I suggest you enjoy the HEP for what it is worth. If you pay an ADM, it is generally agreed upon that is lost money. You will probably never get that back in your lifetime. However think of it this way, if the ADM isn't huge, it is just a small fee for you to enjoy your car. Spread that ADM out over your lifetime.

That is the best advice I can give. Buy it and enjoy it if that is really what you want.
I appreciate the advice, but I purchase my HEP R in July. I was fortunate to purchase it at MSRP, and frankly would have passed on paying any sort of ADM. If I would have been unable to find one at MSRP I would have tried to find a used one later on (months/years). It was not a must have for me at ADM as I had a 19R at the time.

Yeah I got it, as I clearly stated in my previous post, cars are not typically bought as investments, so I am well aware of that premise.

Frankly I would have been happy with just a 350 HEP, but I always really liked the look of the R models. I also really liked the look of my white with blue with red piping OTS, but always thought a white with pure blue OTS striped GT350 looked like pure sex. So when the HEP's came out, I had get one, at MSRP of course. The ONLY thing I wish they did was ditch the red calipers for either black or guardsman blue. I do believe Harry said the last couple/few production 350R HEPS will have the blue calipers, and are already slotted for some of the Ford Executives.

So, how about that GT500.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I appreciate the advice, but I purchase my HEP R in July. I was fortunate to purchase it at MSRP, and frankly would have passed on paying any sort of ADM. If I would have been unable to find one at MSRP I would have tried to find a used one later on (months/years). It was not a must have for me at ADM as I had a 19R at the time.

Yeah I got it, as I clearly stated in my previous post, cars are not typically bought as investments, so I am well aware of that premise.

Frankly I would have been happy with just a 350 HEP, but I always really liked the look of the R models. I also really liked the look of my white with blue with red piping OTS, but always thought a white with pure blue OTS striped GT350 looked like pure sex. So when the HEP's came out, I had get one, at MSRP of course. The ONLY thing I wish they did was ditch the red calipers for either black or guardsman blue. I do believe Harry said the last couple/few production 350R HEPS will have the blue calipers, and are already slotted for some of the Ford Executives.

You bought an exceptional vehicle. I had the pleasure of driving one of my Rs around the Daytona Speedway with Billy Johnson. He developed the 350, 500, GT for Ford. It is truly amazing what a professional driver can do with these cars.

Be glad you got the R, and especially the HEP. Well played.... That is the beauty of these COOL AND TERRIFIC CARS, if they make you happy, then they are worth every penny. I'll never forget how a driver such as Billy made me laugh hysterically as I watched a master do things that I thought couldn't be done. My point is you have yourself an exceptional vehicle and be glad to own it. Don't thin of it as an investment and enjoy it. I don't plan on selling any of my Rs any time soon. That is how special they are.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R

The red caliper thing was a dilemma for me, I really like the look of the carbon fiber wing on the GT350R . It is badass and it looks way better than the wing for the GT350, I will admit though, the GT500 wing looks better than the previous ones. I considered getting a GT350R Heritage Edition but decided not too because the red calipers and red stitching on the seats didn't do it for me (I also wanted heated seats). If they changed the color of the calipers I probably would have gone for the GT350R.

It will be interesting to see what the last GT350R HEPS will look like. I will be looking forward to seeing the pictures, I am sure that they will truly be amazing. I wonder if anyone is planning on making the calipers guardsman blue themselves. The blue calipers and blue stitching would complete the look of an already amazing car.

UpTop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am broke
The red caliper thing was a dilemma for me, I really like the look of the carbon fiber wing on the GT350R . It is badass and it looks way better than the wing for the GT350, I will admit though, the GT500 wing looks better than the previous ones. I considered getting a GT350R Heritage Edition but decided not too because the red calipers and red stitching on the seats didn't do it for me (I also wanted heated seats). If they changed the color of the calipers I probably would have gone for the GT350R.

It will be interesting to see what the last GT350R HEPS will look like. I will be looking forward to seeing the pictures, I am sure that they will truly be amazing. I wonder if anyone is planning on making the calipers guardsman blue themselves. The blue calipers and blue stitching would complete the look of an already amazing car.
Wow, a HEP R with Guardsman Blue accents would look stunning, are they going to be sold to the public? Or just ford execs?

Also have a question for you guys, for those of you who ordered a car out of state, did the dealer cover ur shipping cost? If the dealer doesn't cover shipping costs, but does the logistics (sets up the deal with the shipping company/loads the car onto the truck), are they liable for any damage that happens while in transit? About to put a deposit down on an HEP R, anything I should ask the dealer to do (since I can't see the car in person until it arrives)?
Currently going to ask the sales guy to
  • Take a pic of the odometer before loading it onto the delivery truck
  • (maybe) take a pic of the odometer while its at the rail yard
  • leave all of the protective materials/plastic on the car
  • don't install the splitter/any parts
  • No washing it
  • Drive it as little as possible
I basically don't want to leave any wiggle room for covering the cost of any damage. What was your guys out of state process?

AAI Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 HEP
Wow, a HEP R with Guardsman Blue accents would look stunning, are they going to be sold to the public? Or just ford execs?

Also have a question for you guys, for those of you who ordered a car out of state, did the dealer cover ur shipping cost? If the dealer doesn't cover shipping costs, but does the logistics (sets up the deal with the shipping company/loads the car onto the truck), are they liable for any damage that happens while in transit? About to put a deposit down on an HEP R, anything I should ask the dealer to do (since I can't see the car in person until it arrives)?
  • No washing it
I basically don't want to leave any wiggle room for covering the cost of any damage. What was your guys out of state process?
I'm in the middle of this too. They aren't covering shipping cost, might go with Road Runner Auto Transport (enclosed) unless another has a better reference. Dealer liability ends once the deal is done and on the truck I believe.

I asked 10 things:
1. mileage pic as it comes off Ford delivery truck + lots of other pics
2. store inside a garage somewhere until shipping company truck arrives (PDI is Monday)
3. no splitter install
4. hand wash only, no automatic/touch wash
5. all plastic stays on
6. no front license plate
7. no dealer decal
8. said don't fill up the tank, as I think the shipping companies can't ship it full
9. mileage pic as it is loaded on shipping company truck
10. asking for duplicate window sticker

Crazy excited!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

• No washing it
Not sure if only the Ford execs will get guardsman calipers, but it is possible to have a set of 350 calipers coated GB and install them while keeping the originals boxed up.

I have an out of state HEP R on order... I’m flying in and driving mine home. As for shipping, I would assume that the liability of shipping relies on the shipping company and the buyer since the dealer is only responsible for as it comes to the dealership.

You may want to have someone from this forum that lives local to that dealer go there and scope the car out for you upon It’s arrival.

Sponsored

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
My Signature wheels arrived yesterday. Still haven't opened the boxes as we had a family wedding. All I need now is a car to bolt them to...

Oh wait, my HEP R is in the Body Shop!! If I get this car in time for my birthday at the end of September, it will be the best gift ever :)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Signature wheels arrived yesterday. Still haven't opened the boxes as we had a family wedding. All I need now is a car to bolt them to...

Oh wait, my HEP R is in the Body Shop!! If I get this car in time for my birthday at the end of September, it will be the best gift ever :)
Dude, we have to see the wheels. C’mon...!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Spoke to Shelby this morning. They can't get them from CA to Vegas by this Thursday. Bummer.... I will order them when I get ready for new tires.
Sponsored