Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Thank you sir. She is amazing!

How many pre production cars do you think they made? All of the paperwork for this car says it was pre production. The car also looked like it had an old window sticker that was torn off and replaced with the final. The dealer said in his conversations with Ford, they said the original sticker had all of the options listed, but no price because they hadn't figured out what they were going to charge for the options when the car was first built. He said he tried to get an original copy of the window sticker, but they said it was gone and this final one was the only one that remained.

The more I learn the more questions I have.

For example, my 2015 doesn't shoot a Cobra emblem on the ground when I open the door, but this car does. When did they add that?
20200321_092734.jpg
The Cobra Puddle Lamp, is what I think they call the emblem reflected on the ground, it's part of the newer
technology package, I did not order the tech package, in order to save weight and avoid extra electronics.
I believe the puddle lamps have been out for a few years, pretty sure your HE has it as standard equipment.

Looks like if your daughter's legs were longer she would have already been test driving it..................
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
DANG STALKER! How did you know I bought #1 so quickly!? Hahaha

The dealer in Missouri was amazing. They provided me with the entire email conversation train between them and Ford when they ordered the car. It tells a very interesting story. The car was apparently in a batch of “inventory” cars that Ford was trying to move, including some not so desirable configured Expeditions. The dealer agreed to take all of the Expeditions and the GT350R. (There were 3 Rangers and 2 other GT Mustangs on the old stock list.)

The really strange thing is, the email train shows these conversations and the order was placed on Nov. 22, 2019, almost a month before the HEP was announced... according to the DORA, the car was already built and flagged as a pre-production car requiring a Sales Override to be released, which was done on Nov 22.

Anyways, I absolutely love the car, but was wondering, the car came with the new Sync 3.4 UI and it slow as molasses. Have any of you seen the same thing.
First of all congratulations on purchasing not only a terrific 2020 GT350R but also with the HEP option and number #1 chassis on top of that.

Secondly congratulations to Lutesville Ford for being able to land this number 1 car based on a multi car deal made last Fall and especially for a town of just ~1475 residents!

I am not doubting that this was a pre-production vehicle but typically a PP car comes with a unique VIN series and from what I can tell your vehicles VIN falls into the general VIN series for all things GT350/R which is really not a big deal either way.

I show your Blend Date being January 23rd, 2020 and was wondering if that build date coincides with the build date shown on the door jamb of your car as it sounds like that you are suggesting that your car was built in late 2019?

Your 2020 R model coming in Wimbledon White and Guardsman Blue OTT stripes will look very nice sitting right beside your 2015 GT350 Track Pack car in Magnetic with a Black roof and stripes and suggest that your 2015 Track Pack car in that color/stripe combination is 1 of 3 cars.:clap:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Here's another goofy thing about #1.

The dealer didn't take anything out of the car once they received it and saw that it was Serial Number 1. I needed to load the car in my trailer to bring it back home because the weather was horrendous. I didn't get home until midnight and it was a 12 hour drive each way with the bad weather, so I waited until the next morning to unload the car.

I went to put on the front spoiler and saw that Ford shipped the car with a Standard Mustang Performance Pack 2 front spoiler so it doesn't even closely fit. I called the dealer and they are going to help me out with it on Monday morning.

I bought a standard 2015 Track Pack GT350, number 126, brand new, so now they are sitting next to each other in the garage.

Oh yeah, and regarding the tires, they look great to me. What should I be looking for regarding any issues?
Regarding the Cup 2 tires I would do a very careful examination on all 4 tires for freeze cracks and not only around the bead area but also on the tread part of the tire as well as these freeze cracks can be missed very easily.

Hopefully no issues but do a thorough check and let us know how you make out?

Also, did the dealership remove the polyurethane shipping blocks from the car prior to you picking it up?

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
First of all congratulations on purchasing not only a terrific 2020 GT350R but also with the HEP option and number #1 chassis on top of that.

Secondly congratulations to Lutesville Ford for being able to land this number 1 car based on a multi car deal made last Fall and especially for a town of just ~1475 residents!

I am not doubting that this was a pre-production vehicle but typically a PP car comes with a unique VIN series and from what I can tell your vehicles VIN falls into the general VIN series for all things GT350/R which is really not a big deal either way.

I show your Blend Date being January 23rd, 2020 and was wondering if that build date coincides with the build date shown on the door jamb of your car as it sounds like that you are suggesting that your car was built in late 2019?

Your 2020 R model coming in Wimbledon White and Guardsman Blue OTT stripes will look very nice sitting right beside your 2015 GT350 Track Pack car in Magnetic with a Black roof and stripes and suggest that your 2015 Track Pack car in that color/stripe combination is 1 of 3 cars.:clap:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks man! The two cars definitely contrast well!

The date on the door jam sticker shows 1/20, which doesn’t make sense because the dealer said they tried to choose some options two months before 1/20 and were told the car was built so they couldn’t change anything. Who knows...

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regarding the Cup 2 tires I would do a very careful examination on all 4 tires for freeze cracks and not only around the bead area but also on the tread part of the tire as well as these freeze cracks can be missed very easily.

Hopefully no issues but do a thorough check and let us know how you make out?

Also, did the dealership remove the polyurethane shipping blocks from the car prior to you picking it up?

The tires look great. What shipping blocks are you referring to?

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The tires look great. What shipping blocks are you referring to?
If I recall correctly when looking at the dealership pictures of your car it was evident that the shipping blocks that are located in the front and rear springs had not been removed and were still sitting in the springs of your car.

I have attached a picture of the front and rear shipping blocks that are only utilized on the R model for transport purposes.

Some dealerships either don't know that they come with the R models therefore they are left in place in error while other dealerships sometimes leaving them in for additional transportation.

Hopefully yours have been removed?
DSCF2448.JPG

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I would be interested in obtaining the rocker arm stripes for my 2019 white GT350. Does anyone know what the part number is for these lower stripes or are they unavailable if you do not have a car with the HEP option?

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I recall correctly when looking at the dealership pictures of your car it was evident that the shipping blocks that are located in the front and rear springs had not been removed and were still sitting in the springs of your car.

I have attached a picture of the front and rear shipping blocks that are only utilized on the R model for transport purposes.

Some dealerships either don't know that they come with the R models therefore they are left in place in error while other dealerships sometimes leaving them in for additional transportation.

Hopefully yours have been removed?
DSCF2448.JPG
I did not see those on the car.

Gashimus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Performance Blue
I did allow them to put the bracket on for the front license plate. Everything else I saw online was garbage, and i think it looks worse off to the side. I plan on having this car for 30 years so I just need the license plate to show up front so i don't really care about resale...the cops will be looking for any excuse to pull me over!

Deleted member 37397

I did allow them to put the bracket on for the front license plate. Everything else I saw online was garbage, and i think it looks worse off to the side. I plan on having this car for 30 years so I just need the license plate to show up front so i don't really care about resale...the cops will be looking for any excuse to pull me over!
this was from 392 accessories. Mute point now but I like this one better than the others
239B15A5-9298-42AB-819A-8F0ECF9DEAB0.jpeg

Sponsored

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition LR002
Well my dealer just notified me that even though my GT350R HE is already produced, it will not ship until further notice because Ford just notified them that the Port is CLOSED! :( Looks like no more cars for a while!

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Well my dealer just notified me that even though my GT350R HE is already produced, it will not ship until further notice because Ford just notified them that the Port is CLOSED! :( Looks like no more cars for a while!
That stinks man. Sorry to hear that, do you know if a vehicle is on a rail car already that they too will not be delivered? I ask as mine is already in transport and is supposed to be here next week....

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I did not see those on the car.
Sounds good but can tell you that when I looked at the dealership photos prior to you taking delivery of this car I could see the fronts still in on the car.

Also when speaking to the dealership early on about your car (had a good car buddy from Georgia interested in it) the contact I had said that they fully intended to leave the polyurethane shipping blocks installed on the car just in case someone was going to ship it home such as the route that you took.

On another note hopefully your GT350R Owners Kit will show up soon and it will be interesting to see if it differs much from a non HEP car?

Lastly, based on your window sticker it doesn't appear that your car came with a car cover and if so do you know if the car covers for the HEP optioned cars will come with the same car cover look as a non HEP car?

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds good but can tell you that when I looked at the dealership photos prior to you taking delivery of this car I could see the fronts still in on the car.

Also when speaking to the dealership early on about your car (had a good car buddy from Georgia interested in it) the contact I had said that they fully intended to leave the polyurethane shipping blocks installed on the car just in case someone was going to ship it home such as the route that you took.

On another note hopefully your GT350R Owners Kit will show up soon and it will be interesting to see if it differs much from a non HEP car?

Lastly, based on your window sticker it doesn't appear that your car came with a car cover and if so do you know if the car covers for the HEP optioned cars will come with the same car cover look as a non HEP car?
Great question, I'd like to know if the covers for the HEP cars is any different?

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That stinks man. Sorry to hear that, do you know if a vehicle is on a rail car already that they too will not be delivered? I ask as mine is already in transport and is supposed to be here next week....
That I do not know. Mine was suppose to be delivered next week as well. You might have just snuck out in time? I'd ask your dealer to investigate. Make them earn there money!:)
Sponsored