Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Stay off the half pipes and wear a helmet.
Sponsored

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
I would be so pissed if the dealer mounted that ugly front plate bracket and drilled those holes. @Gashimus, did you ask them to drill holes in your front bumper?

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
I would be so pissed if the dealer mounted that ugly front plate bracket and drilled those holes. @Gashimus, did you ask them to drill holes in your front bumper?
Same here. I’m going to have to make it completely clear for them to not do that whenever mine actually gets delivered. I assume it will be delayed quite a bit now. Build week April 6.

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition LR002
I’m new to the forum...hello! I have on order a GT350R Heritage Edition. Trackmymustang.com shows my car was built on 3/3/2020 with an ETA of 3/29/2020. My dealer told me a couple days ago that the plant closure should not change my delivery ETA. With all that’s going on I am not sure I believe this. Does anyone know if cars that are already built and are just sitting there waiting for shipment are even going to really ship during the Corona Virus. My car is shipping to a dealer in NJ and I heard NJ is shut down by the Governor right now?

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I would demand a new bumper and never take delivery if a dealer did that to me. I would just as soon void the sale.

Sponsored

GT350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition LR002
Wow! Unbelievable, that sucks! I’m sending a message to my dealer that if they do this to my car I’m not taking it. If they repair it with a new bumper before you register it it won’t show up on the CARFAX. Do t let it show up or you’ll kill value, IMHO

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That confirms it. Two separate chassis plates. PP001 you’re guess was right.
Actually it was not a guess but just more common sense as it was back in early March that L0008 and L0009 surfaced and then later this past month L0005 surfaced and what really confirmed the two separate chassis series for the GT350/R's was when LR001 showed up in Missouri for sale. These were all HEP optioned cars.

With the FRAP assembling Red chassis plates such as LR001 early last Fall along with regular production Red chassis plate GT350's also during that same time it was not difficult to determine what was taking place here.

After numerous conversations in recent weeks with FP in Dearborn I found it interesting that even they continued to confirm that there was only one chassis series for all of the regular production GT350/R's including the HEP option which just started to be released within the last month but have since corrected themselves.

The very first assembled 2020 R HEP model "LR001" had a Blend Date of January 23, 2020 and still very surprised that the FRAP would assemble an R model during probably the coldest time of the year in Michigan and still looking to understand why that car was produced and sent to a very small town dealership in Missouri at random?

Based on my understanding the new owner of LR001/HEP R model is from Louisiana and suggest that he/her do a very close check on the Cup 2 tires for their new ride as some of our members have found out the hard way that cold weather can take a severe toll on brand new Cup 2 tires especially if temperatures dipped below freezing while sitting at the FRAP holding yard.

:sunglasses:

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
Actually it was not a guess but just more common sense as it was back in early March that L0008 and L0009 surfaced and then later this past month L0005 surfaced and what really confirmed the two separate chassis series for the GT350/R's was when LR001 showed up in Missouri for sale. These were all HEP optioned cars.

With the FRAP assembling Red chassis plates such as LR001 early last Fall along with regular production Red chassis plate GT350's also during that same time it was not difficult to determine what was taking place here.

After numerous conversations in recent weeks with FP in Dearborn I found it interesting that even they continued to confirm that there was only one chassis series for all of the regular production GT350/R's including the HEP option which just started to be released within the last month but have since corrected themselves.

The very first assembled 2020 R HEP model "LR001" had a Blend Date of January 23, 2020 and still very surprised that the FRAP would assemble an R model during probably the coldest time of the year in Michigan and still looking to understand why that car was produced and sent to a very small town dealership in Missouri at random?

Based on my understanding the new owner of LR001/HEP R model is from Louisiana and suggest that he/her do a very close check on the Cup 2 tires for their new ride as some of our members have found out the hard way that cold weather can take a severe toll on brand new Cup 2 tires especially if temperatures dipped below freezing while sitting at the FRAP holding yard.

:sunglasses:
DANG STALKER! How did you know I bought #1 so quickly!? Hahaha

The dealer in Missouri was amazing. They provided me with the entire email conversation train between them and Ford when they ordered the car. It tells a very interesting story. The car was apparently in a batch of “inventory” cars that Ford was trying to move, including some not so desirable configured Expeditions. The dealer agreed to take all of the Expeditions and the GT350R. (There were 3 Rangers and 2 other GT Mustangs on the old stock list.)

The really strange thing is, the email train shows these conversations and the order was placed on Nov. 22, 2019, almost a month before the HEP was announced... according to the DORA, the car was already built and flagged as a pre-production car requiring a Sales Override to be released, which was done on Nov 22.

Anyways, I absolutely love the car, but was wondering, the car came with the new Sync 3.4 UI and it slow as molasses. Have any of you seen the same thing.

Last edited:

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DANG STALKER! How did you know I bought #1 so quickly!? Hahaha

The dealer in Missouri was amazing. They provided me with the entire email conversation train between them and Ford when the ordered the car. It tells a very interesting story. The car was apparently in a batch of “inventory” cars that Ford was trying to move, including some not so desirable configured Expeditions. The dealer agreed to take all of the Expeditions and the GT350R. (There were 3 Rangers and 2 other GT Mustangs on the old stock list.)

The really strange thing is, the email train shows these conversations and the order was placed on Nov. 22, 2019, almost a month before the HEP was announced... according to the DORA, the car was already built and flagged as a pre-production car requiring a Sales Override to be released, which was done on Nov 22.

Anyways, I absolutely love the car, but was wondering, the car came with the new Sync 3.4 UI and it slow as molasses. Have any of you seen the same thing.
Here's another goofy thing about #1.

The dealer didn't take anything out of the car once they received it and saw that it was Serial Number 1. I needed to load the car in my trailer to bring it back home because the weather was horrendous. I didn't get home until midnight and it was a 12 hour drive each way with the bad weather, so I waited until the next morning to unload the car.

I went to put on the front spoiler and saw that Ford shipped the car with a Standard Mustang Performance Pack 2 front spoiler so it doesn't even closely fit. I called the dealer and they are going to help me out with it on Monday morning.

I bought a standard 2015 Track Pack GT350, number 126, brand new, so now they are sitting next to each other in the garage.

Oh yeah, and regarding the tires, they look great to me. What should I be looking for regarding any issues?

Sponsored

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the guys asking about the seats, here is a pic without the car covers. (Excuse my daughter. She didnt want to move...)
IMG_10061.jpg

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for all of the posts. Louisiana is apparently going on lockdown tomorrow so I need to get some supplies to my Grandparents first thing in the morning.

Regarding the question of overlapping Serial Numbers, can we try and verify if there are duplicates other than #1? I ask because the more I read over the documentation that I was given with this car and the dates/odd things that I see, I'm just a little confused as far as why they would do what they did.

Another question I have is, for the other guys that have 2020's, if you open the engine compartment, does the radiator support look like it has holes for the hood pin mechanism's from the GT500? My 2015 GT350 doesn't, but this car does. It just looks awkward because it seems like something is missing.

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
Nicely done! I probably would have pulled the trigger on it if it stuck around much longer.

I was curious about the seats since the pre production Heritage GT350R I saw at the Phoenix Open still had the red inserts on the seats. PP0001 mentioned that the production models wouldn't have the red inserts, but then when I saw the dealer pictures it wasn't clear? Now it is!

Good job and congrats on a beautiful car and daughter!

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nicely done! I probably would have pulled the trigger on it if it stuck around much longer.

I was curious about the seats since the pre production Heritage GT350R I saw at the Phoenix Open still had the red inserts on the seats. PP0001 mentioned that the production models wouldn't have the red inserts, but then when I saw the dealer pictures it wasn't clear? Now it is!

Good job and congrats on a beautiful car and daughter!
Thank you sir. She is amazing!

How many pre production cars do you think they made? All of the paperwork for this car says it was pre production. The car also looked like it had an old window sticker that was torn off and replaced with the final. The dealer said in his conversations with Ford, they said the original sticker had all of the options listed, but no price because they hadn't figured out what they were going to charge for the options when the car was first built. He said he tried to get an original copy of the window sticker, but they said it was gone and this final one was the only one that remained.

The more I learn the more questions I have.

For example, my 2015 doesn't shoot a Cobra emblem on the ground when I open the door, but this car does. When did they add that?
20200321_092734.jpg

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Sorry for all of the posts. Louisiana is apparently going on lockdown tomorrow so I need to get some supplies to my Grandparents first thing in the morning.

Regarding the question of overlapping Serial Numbers, can we try and verify if there are duplicates other than #1? I ask because the more I read over the documentation that I was given with this car and the dates/odd things that I see, I'm just a little confused as far as why they would do what they did.

Another question I have is, for the other guys that have 2020's, if you open the engine compartment, does the radiator support look like it has holes for the hood pin mechanism's from the GT500? My 2015 GT350 doesn't, but this car does. It just looks awkward because it seems like something is missing.
I have a '19R, Ford started using the new radiator support piece, which is actually for the new GT 500, which has
hood pins. They did this to avoid having to make two different support pieces.

The other carryover is, if you were to take your front bumper cover off, on the passenger side bumper beam, you
would probably see a threaded insert for the GT 500 removable front tow hook, very similar to the Focus RS tow hook.

Too bad for all the GT 350/350R owners that Ford did not think about the front tow hook provision when the 350's
were designed.
Sponsored