Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
Can’t tell for sure but it looks as if the seats have extensive red on the seats (but not positive)? I thought the r model was not going to have all the red on the seats? Are my eyes playing tricks or am I correct in my first assumption? Thoughts, thank you!
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Can’t tell for sure but it looks as if the seats have extensive red on the seats (but not positive)? I thought the r model was not going to have all the red on the seats? Are my eyes playing tricks or am I correct in my first assumption? Thoughts, thank you!
I would suggest that you have very good eyes and from what I can see the Red R model inserts have accompanied this car.

With a Blend Date of January 23rd this vehicle may have been assembled prior to getting in any of the all Black seats therefore the FRAP when ahead with production based on that was the only seats they had in stock in order to complete this R.

Personally I would have some serious concerns with respect to an R model being assembled in late January when it comes to the Cup 2 tires and am very surprised that the FRAP actually started producing this car in late January with final production possibly taking place in early February when they know full well what the ramifications are for Cup 2 tires in cold temperatures.

I could be wrong but "LR001" could be a 1 of 1 regular production vehicle when it comes to the Red seat inserts and is no different than the 2020 Pilot Production HEP R model that I looked at in Scottsdale at the B-J auction as that car also had the Red seat inserts.

If I had not already had a 2020 R on order I would take a serious look at purchasing this vehicle!

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
I would suggest that you have very good eyes and from what I can see the Red R model inserts have accompanied this car.

With a Blend Date of January 23rd this vehicle may have been assembled prior to getting in any of the all Black seats therefore the FRAP when ahead with production based on that was the only seats they had in stock in order to complete this R.

Personally I would have some serious concerns with respect to an R model being assembled in late January when it comes to the Cup 2 tires and am very surprised that the FRAP actually started producing this car in late January with final production possibly taking place in early February when they know full well what the ramifications are for Cup 2 tires in cold temperatures.

I could be wrong but "LR001" could be a 1 of 1 regular production vehicle when it comes to the Red seat inserts and is no different than the 2020 Pilot Production HEP R model that I looked at in Scottsdale at the B-J auction as that car also had the Red seat inserts.

If I had not already had a 2020 R on order I would take a serious look at purchasing this vehicle!
From what I am seeing there is no red side insert bolsters on these seats.

Deleted member 37397

Those are for sure red on the seats. Interesting the pinstripe on the stripes are not red however. Only splash of red is the steering wheel, seats, and stitching. As well as the brakes.

Sponsored

Gashimus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Performance Blue
[QUOTE="Gashimus, post: 2836651, member: 46266"I went into my garage about 10 times last night just to look at it.
I’ve been known to sit in a new car while reading the entire manual and literature.
It’s a bonding thing ;-)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's my plan tonight...I'm blowing off the wife to spend some time with Shelby :)

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Based on what I am seeing the HEP optioned cars have their own chassis number series with the non HEP optioned GT350/R's having their own chassis number series at least that is what I am suggesting.

Your thoughts?

:sunglasses:

If that’s the case then we’re going to see two L chassis numbers. The only way we will know is when we start seeing duplicates because something has to explain all of the low numbers. Perhaps you are correct, but we’ll know when we have two duplicate L codes just one is the regular chassis plate and one is the blue heritage. Although I would have assumed if Ford was going to do separate plates, they would have been more overt and placed Heritage or “H” or something to designate that this was a different chassis number.

Mulder and Scully are investigating.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
???
If you mean all 2020 350’s that’s not the case. Plenty of 2020 models have been out for a bit now.
What may have happened is that Ford reserved those particular number plates for the HEP models. That could explain all of the low numbers. The non HEP cars could have later chassis numbers on their plates although they may have been built earlier in the model year.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
For what it's worth, I saw a 2020 GT350 (non-R) that had the #L0473 on it. I think it's been in the showroom a month or two. So perhaps the HEP models have their own numbers apart from other 2020's, dunno.
Great pics of the HEP's by the way. They look really good with the black touches that make it pop!

Sponsored

nefyre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ng-owners-registry.35461/page-97#post-2731932

Just took delivery of my Shelby GT350R last month! Her name is "Helleanor".

2020 GT350R
Oxford White w/ Matte Blue Stripes
All available options
Chassis #LR001
1.JPG
2.jpg
3.jpg
Forum member CoolHandLuke has chassis LR001 which is Oxford White, therefore there are two LR001 chassis numbers. This would imply that HEP are number independently from non-HEP. I feel that this complicates chassis tracking.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ng-owners-registry.35461/page-97#post-2731932

Forum member CoolHandLuke has chassis LR001 which is Oxford White, therefore there are two LR001 chassis numbers. This would imply that HEP are number independently from non-HEP. I feel that this complicates chassis tracking.
Great catch and had forgotten about @CoolHandLuke already having chassis number "LR001" for his 2020 Oxford White GT350R.

Had Ford gone with something similar to the 2015 GT350/R's whereby they put all 137 cars into the same chassis series it would have been much easier to comprehend.

For examples all 37 R models where assigned chassis numbers "F0001 to F0037" and then the next 100 Track Pack/Tech Pack cars were assigned "F0038 to F0137".

John Atzbach's last 2015 R model was chassis number "F0037" with my 2015 Track Pack car being chassis number "F0077" therefore all cars were in the same chassis series regardless of the model option along with the last 3 numbers of the VIN matching the chassis number plaque for all of these cars.

Based on the information provided it is obvious that whoever assigns and provides the chassis number plates at the FRAP for the 2020 GT350/R vehicles it is evident that there is one series of chassis numbers for the Red Dash Plaque 2020 GT350/R vehicles and another series of chassis numbers for the 2020 GT350/R Blue Dash Plaque cars.

Going forward and no question in my mind that this interesting and confusing direction from Ford will certainly complicate things for many of us enthusiasts for each of these outstanding vehicles!

:)

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350, 2017 gt350. 2007 gt500 2005 gt
Never mind, I think this is how to post them
GT350 chassis number.jpg
GT350 front.jpg
GT350 pickup after long flight.jpg
GT350 rear.jpg
GT350 side.jpg
Great pics, Congrats! awesome looking car. The first photos I have seen that really capture the Wimbledon white. I wasn’t sure it was dramatically different than my Oxford white. Unfortunately my wait has been extended due to the plant closures.

dive2deep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 King Ranch Diesel for towing, 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition for going fast, Honda Clarity PHEV for commuting.
Great pics, Congrats! awesome looking car. The first photos I have seen that really capture the Wimbledon white. I wasn’t sure it was dramatically different than my Oxford white. Unfortunately my wait has been extended due to the plant closures.
The Wimbledon white is superb. Next to Oxford it looks, kind of "antique" and creamy. The reason photos don't capture it properly is actually science based. It is due to color balance automation of modern cameras. The camera sees something that it thinks is white, and adjusts the entire image based on the white balance (remember that button on camcorders?). Camera sees this color and usually shifts the entire shot to more blue to compensate for it, rendering it almost pure white in the photo. Similar to that whole black/gold dress thing that hit the interwebs not that long ago.

Also, I just wanted to say I'm absolutely floored by the performance of this machine, I know for a lot of you these cars may seem "average" by now, and you may lust for more power with twin turbos and supercharging. I've never owned a modern performance vehicle until now. It's quite the change from my daily commuter Toyota. The last time I had a v8 Mustang was 1995 when I scraped together all my pennies working in a photo lab to buy a new white GT (base model is all I could afford). I think that car came out of the factory with something around 285hp or so. I spent a lot of time and money having to do all the mods just to get the car into the 350hp area. I ended up loving that car and have fond memories, but after a bad accident, I decided not to drive sports cars for a while. Now in my 40's I'm doing the whole midlife crisis thing on a rolling basis, so I'm reliving all the wonderful things I did when I was younger, sequentially it seems. Similarly to how I started skateboarding again after 30years, I wanted to drive a sports car again too. This car is basically perfect as is from the factory. It even comes with the 3.73 rear-end I recall I installed in my old car. For me anyway, I'm keeping her bone stock. This car is perfect for me in every way. The sounds this thing emits, usually have me driving with the radio off. The music is the voodoo.
Sponsored