Sponsored

Left Turn, Right Turn, Squeak Squeal Squeak...Help?!?!?

Bl@cknight18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Over the holidays I installed the Ford Performance Strut And Shock Performance Kit (M-18000-F). I already had the Ford Y springs. Everything went smooth. Car rides great. No noises going straight or over bumps.

I recently noticed a noise turning both right and left. I took off wheels and sprayed any contact areas with silicone spray I had on hand. Drove again with no change in the noise. I also loosened the top 3 strut bolts, drove down the street, made some turns then tightened back up. No change. It’s a squeal, squeaky noise. Very annoying and only happens when making sharp turns or U-turns.

Any idea what would cause this? Are the strut mounts bad? Is it my struts? I have my stock struts still and I can throw them on and see if that eliminates the issue, but I wanted to check here first. I bought the kit from CJ Pony Parts and I'm sure if there is an issue with the struts they'll help me out.

Sponsored

Last edited:

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Check the dust shield behind the rotor. They are flimsy sheet metal and bend easily. I did the same thing. You can reach up there and bend it back without jacking the car up or removing the wheel.

OP
OP
Bl@cknight18GT

Bl@cknight18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well, yup it was the dust shield. Took a long screwdriver and pushed the shield back through the rims. Sounds is now gone.
Sponsored