Left Sequential Turn Signals Not Working

Kevin65469

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Gt Premium 50th Year
I’m not sure if there was anything done to them but since I got my car when ever I turn on my left turn signal it just lights up the left tail lights on then off but when I turn the right turn signal on it does the sequential turn signal for them. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it, is it a wiring problem or the signal itself. Thanks
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
It probably has something to do with the PCB in the light assembly that controls the turn signals. Do you know someone with a Mustang, where you can borrow and swap the tail light to see if it fixes the issue?

JR

OP
OP
Kevin65469

Kevin65469

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Gt Premium 50th Year
It probably has something to do with the PCB in the light assembly that controls the turn signals. Do you know someone with a Mustang, where you can borrow and swap the tail light to see if it fixes the issue?

JR
No all my buddies have JDM cars haha

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Kevin65469

What you are seeking is in Post # 25 of this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/tail-light-out-then-back-on.101551/page-2

2 more items of mention for you:

1) If the vehicle is still under the 3/36 bumper to bumper OR an extended Ford ESP plan (with LIGHTING coverage), any taillight malfunction is covered by warranty. The same applies for Ford TSB or SSM’s, they revert to warranty provisions and work/replacement is free of charge. If the vehicle is out of warranty, an existing TSB or SSM is performed at Dealer discretion and depending on Dealership, you can be charged for parts/labor. If you feel you should not be charged, contact the Ford 800# and refer them to the TSB or SSM to prove it was an existing issue and sometimes they will work with you.

2) If the vehicle is out of warranty or the part won’t be repaired under warranty provisions - the 2015-2017 rear taillights can be had for $400-$500 for a pair on this site in the classifieds section OR expect to pay about $150-$300 per light depending on who’s selling. Also you can look these up on eBay - there’s a TON of them for sale ranging anywhere from $150 each upwards of the Ford retail of $800-$900+.

Don’t pay retail for any S550 rear taillight....

---

Also to note:
I know there’s a board in each taillight housing and the BCM does have some type of controlling mechanism.

This thread may help you out, as I have never messed with Forscan (yet). The post is from a guy in Switzerland, but it sheds some really good info on the BCM and tail wiring.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/disabled-sequential-turn-signals.120768/#post-2523035

This thread is from a guy in Germany, but the responses shed more light on the association of the taillight to the BCM.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/programing-taillights-mustang-s550.118792/
Sponsored