Sponsored

drivers side rear turn signals not working properly, random flashing.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
HI all, did a search, didnt see anyone with this same problem. On the drivers side, the outboard brake light (the far left of the three) is always bright. Then when you turn on the left turn signal, they dont sequence properly since the left light is always bright. Instead of going from right to left, they should go blink-blink-blink, but since the outboard light is always bright, they only go blink blink. To add more to that, this morning, when I checked to see if it was still a problem, the right outer lamp is still bright, but the left rear turn signals were blinking randomly, in no particular order, rather than going from right to left of blink-blink-blink. I am assuming there is a module back there that controls the blinking. I have the extended premium care warranty, guess its time to take it in. Anyone care to chime in? Thanks. Hopefully they can fix my wacky mirrors at the same time, I saw there was a software fix that may fix that, I think CobraJet was the one who posted that. If so, thanks Cobra Jet for posting that. Also, car is as close to 100% stock as can be. No water in trunk or back area either. Car has no other issues except for the stupid mirrors.
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Driver side tail light needs replaced. Same happened to me but it was the middle one.

OP
OP
jimmerheck

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
thanks, its going in next week to get repaired under my extended warranty. (it should be covered, I bought the premium care package).

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
thanks, its going in next week to get repaired under my extended warranty. (it should be covered, I bought the premium care package).
You should have the 3/36k remaining if you have an 18. Hope it does cause its about $1200 atleast it was a year or so ago.

OP
OP
jimmerheck

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
car is a 16 so its about 15m out of the 3/36 warranty. ouch, just checked my extended warranty, I did not get the lighting package so time to cancel the dealer visit and replace it myself, its a bit over 500 for a new left taillight assembly. I'll check the connector first, but not likely.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
car is a 16 so its about 15m out of the 3/36 warranty. ouch, just checked my extended warranty, I did not get the lighting package so time to cancel the dealer visit and replace it myself, its a bit over 500 for a new left taillight assembly. I'll check the connector first, but not likely.
check eBay - you can find L or R rear S550 taillights for like $150-$300 per side depending on overall condition and who’s selling it... Do NOT pay Ford Retail cost for a taillight....

I have seen PAIRED sets on here in the classifieds going for $300+ too...

OP
OP
jimmerheck

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
okay, problem fixed. Bought and installed new tinted pair of taillights from CJ's Pony Parts and they all work correctly now. Thanks all for your help.
Sponsored