vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
Hi guys

I already posted in a different subforum, but I got some new info so I think a new thread in this subforum fits it better.

So I got a 2015 Mustang GT (USDM) here in Europe. What I hate is that the sequential turn signals are disabled - all 3 bars light up at the same time when I activate the blinkers.

I checked the data using ForScan and compared it to the as-built data and everything seems to match. The specific BCMB line, which would be used to disable the sequentials, looks perfectly fine. So my only guess is that they somehow attached the middle and outer LED lights to the inner one, making all 3 light up. Has anyone dealt with this before? I even rang up the guys that did the import and some mods to pass inspection, but they had no idea what I was talking about.

Would appreciate any help.

Cheers, Vincent
Sponsored

speedsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moostang
If its modded its definitely at the taillight. There is a wire for each LED within the taillight so 3 total for turn signals. Another wire for just brakes, one for a ground and I believe one for a signal to let the BCM know you have an indicator out but I could be wrong on that. The wires for the indicators get that power separately in a sequential fashion to get that feature. Likely all 3 are cut and just tied to one on the body harness.

OP
OP
vincentjm

vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
If its modded its definitely at the taillight. There is a wire for each LED within the taillight so 3 total for turn signals. Another wire for just brakes, one for a ground and I believe one for a signal to let the BCM know you have an indicator out but I could be wrong on that. The wires for the indicators get that power separately in a sequential fashion to get that feature. Likely all 3 are cut and just tied to one on the body harness.
I actually just figured it out a couple hours ago. Took the subwoofer out and had a proper look at the wiring. I really didn't know what to look for, but I noticed 4 cables that came from the harness and went to the BCM looked kinda tampered with. It was all covered by some fabric tape, and after I took that off, I saw the issue that was preventing them from sequencing. The isolation was pulled off at about the halfway mark of those 4 cables and an extra copper cable was attached to every single one. Hard to explain, nothing was soldered though. Those extra cables went to a bosch relay attached to the harness. So I simply took off the relays (one for each side) and voila - they lit up sequentially. I left the attached wires on and just bundled them into some electrical tape to easily reverse it again in case they act stupid at the next inspection.

MarioMAX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang VI 3.7
Can you tell me, do you have red or orange turn signal ( red color is illegal in europe ) because i must do something with red colour, and i don't know how.

OP
OP
vincentjm

vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
Can you tell me, do you have red or orange turn signal ( red color is illegal in europe ) because i must do something with red colour, and i don't know how.
Red turn signals are completely fine in Switzerland

Sponsored

MarioMAX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang VI 3.7
Oh, that's kinda weird, i thinked all european union have the same road legal terms. ( red turn signals are illegal in Poland )

OP
OP
vincentjm

vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
Oh, that's kinda weird, i thinked all european union have the same road legal terms. ( red turn signals are illegal in Poland )
we're not in the EU though (well we kinda are, but let's leave politics out of this lol).
Yeah it's weird cause I can just cross the border with red sequential turn signals which would be illegal in Germany, but according to a treaty, cars that are road legal in Switzerland are also road legal in EU countries and vice versa.

OP
OP
vincentjm

vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
Maybe i register my car in switzerland, thats the solution ;-)
Dude, pretty much everything is illegal here when it comes to cars. Even taking the engine cover off would *technically* be illegal since it COULD make the car louder.

Then there's me, riding around with an RTR competition exhaust lol
Sponsored