Law Dog Mustang

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Well the Texas highway patrol was using Fox bodies as patrol cars 35 years ago. Nice to see em again in black and white.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Pretty dumb if you ask me. I read the whole article and spending 50,000 to help relations doesn’t seem like money well spent. Why not use the money for charity. Maybe buy underprivileged kids toys, backpacks, etc. That’ll actually improve people’s perception.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Awaiting Next article of said mustang writing a ticket to the guy who gets egged on to stop light race and gets nailed.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Well the Texas highway patrol was using Fox bodies as patrol cars 35 years ago. Nice to see em again in black and white.
Florida used s197 Mustangs for quite some time.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Stupid waste of taxpayer $

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Or maybe stop structuring the department around generating money for the department.
Gotta watch those small town speed traps. But seriously, depending on whose in charge, departments usually are under varying degrees of political pressure to generate revenue.
We're just blaming the messenger.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yeah really helps public relations when you see the money that you had to miss work to go to court for / pay lawyer for because you probably wernt really doing much over the limit or any other cash cow BS reason they pull you over to nail you with a 25 dollar fine and then ram it home with a 300 court cost on top of missing work or paid lawyer... yeah makes me happy to see that money buy some cop a fancy speedy mustang to show off.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
HPD has mustangs and camaros in their patrol fleet.

Sponsored

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Eh, playing devil's advocate for a moment.

I think it's better for the community as a whole if people develop a friendlier relationship with law enforcement. I specifically encourage my kids to go say hello and talk with police officers and I hope others do the same. That way, the next generation of police isn't raised to think that police are some holier than thou group of people to be afraid of (because if that's what you think they are, then that's what you'll become if you join) and instead think of them as friendly people who help keep everyone safe.

Buying the Mustang as a PR move is a bit silly, but they'd have to buy something as their community outreach vehicle. My local department has a F150 SuperCrew that they use as their dedicated community outreach vehicle. Kids love to climb around the "police truck" but they also love the Charger that gets brought to a lot of public events as well.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I agree that the police should develop a friendlier relationship with the public. I also teach my kids the same thing - to view police officers as friends who will help them if they ever need it.
That being said, people hate speed limits, and especially the seemingly increasing zeal that the police are putting into their enforcement these days. More and more people are starting not to buy into that 'safety' balooney anymore and to see speed limits simply as a cheap and easy way for the authorities to raise money at the expense of the easiest victim. Using this money to buy a flashy car does nothing to alleviate that impression, but quite the contrary, it confirms it.
The next time someone sees a new speed limit sign installed on a stretch of road, they won't think "oh my, I should slow down to be safe", but rather "oh sh*t, these f*cking bastards are in the market for a new car again".
Bad PR move, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Stink-a-dena the armpit of Houston. The suspension will probably be beaten to death in six months on those roads, at that point the car will be parked and shortly thereafter the wheels and tires will be stolen.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Stink-a-dena the armpit of Houston. The suspension will probably be beaten to death in six months on those roads, at that point the car will be parked and shortly thereafter the wheels and tires will be stolen.
A PPD spokesperson confirmed to The Drive that when the Mustang enters service this spring, it won't see service as a cruiser or interceptor, only as a PR car. That'll probably disappoint people who want to hear about this car chasing down wrongdoers, but given Houston's pothole problem, taking this car on a high-speed chase is probably a terrible idea.
Sponsored