Lemon Law Case 2016 Mustang GT

Jonathanoconn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance pack
I am just finishing up my Lemon Law case for my 2016 Mustang GT with PP. I am hoping that my 2018 Mustang GT with PP, Variable Exhaust, Magna Ride, and 301A will be arriving this week!

I just wanted to see if anyone had questions on my experience or needed any advice. Hopefully I can help!
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Mind if I ask why you had to file for the Lemon Law?

OP
OP

Jonathanoconn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Mind if I ask why you had to file for the Lemon Law?
Of course! So I bought the car Jan 14th, 2016 and September 2nd, 2017 (when I last drove the car) I was bringing it in to have the fourth intake manifold be put on. The runner kept cracking.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Wow! 4 cracking? That's almost impressive.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
How long was the process? How difficult was it? Did you have an attorney assist? Never had to do this but always curious on how it works and if it's easy or brutal.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Of course! So I bought the car Jan 14th, 2016 and September 2nd, 2017 (when I last drove the car) I was bringing it in to have the fourth intake manifold be put on. The runner kept cracking.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you have a mis-machined cylinder head at the mounting points for the intake. One of the attachment points must be out, causing stress in the runner and then cracking it. I'm kinda shocked they didn't diagnose it after the 2nd one...

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you have a mis-machined cylinder head at the mounting points for the intake. One of the attachment points must be out, causing stress in the runner and then cracking it. I'm kinda shocked they didn't diagnose it after the 2nd one...
I'm not even very mechanical inclined and I had the same thought.

OP
OP

Jonathanoconn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
How long was the process? How difficult was it? Did you have an attorney assist? Never had to do this but always curious on how it works and if it's easy or brutal.
So I had put in my first submission for the lemon law early August but was denied. That was around the time I had my third intake installed. Thankfully after this one failed Ford accepted the case without the need of an attorney. I brought the car in September 2nd for the third intake failing, and after a few conversations with my case manager at Ford, they accepted September 22nd. And since then I have been working with a team at Ford to have a new car shipped to me!

There are headaches at moments of trying to prove how your car is a lemon, but in the end Ford accepted without the need of the lawyer. The one piece of advice I would give you if you ever go through this process is to be persistent. No one wants to admit they sold a lemon, so you will get a few no's along the path, but keep presenting them with evidence. My claim for a lemon was declined twice before they took the car back.

OP
OP

Jonathanoconn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I always figured there was a bigger issue that was never addressed. But I was told they followed their process. In the end they were not going to try anything else and that is why I filed for the case in the first place. Ford USA had them do one more inspection before they accepted the case, but they didn't tell me anything they found during that inspection.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I am just finishing up my Lemon Law case for my 2016 Mustang GT with PP. I am hoping that my 2018 Mustang GT with PP, Variable Exhaust, Magna Ride, and 301A will be arriving this week!

I just wanted to see if anyone had questions on my experience or needed any advice. Hopefully I can help!
Be sure to post up your info in this very large thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59015

And for those who don’t know and won’t believe it - these Lemon’d S550’s are ending up right back on Dealer lots in Ford inventory and are being resold. Folks who have already Lemon’d their S550 have found them again by running the VIN.

So Ford makes out 2x on a Lemon / 1st being initial Buyer, 2nd once the vehicle is taken back by Ford’s Reacquired Vehicle Headquarters then listed for sale again (and some are not being branded Lemons either).

IMO - any Lemon, from any manufacturer should be crushed.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

And for those who don’t know and won’t believe it - these Lemon’d S550’s are ending up right back on Dealer lots in Ford inventory and are being resold. Folks who have already Lemon’d their S550 have found them again by running the VIN.

So Ford makes out 2x on a Lemon / 1st being initial Buyer, 2nd once the vehicle is taken back by Ford’s Reacquired Vehicle Headquarters then listed for sale again (and some are not being branded Lemons either).

In this particular case, I would bet the car would be 'fixed' with a change of cylinder head(s), and thus not need to be crushed.

OP
OP

Jonathanoconn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
In this particular case, I would bet the car would be 'fixed' with a change of cylinder head(s), and thus not need to be crushed.
And from my understanding I think that is what they are doing. If it is salvageable and has no long term damage there is no need to crush it.

OP
OP

Jonathanoconn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)

I understand where you are coming from. The thing is they are not making 2x on the lemon, they are making less. I am getting full MSRP value back on my vehicle and they have to pay their people to fix it, deal with me, and pay for my rental for part of this process. They are just salvaging what they can.

OP
OP

Jonathanoconn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone, in case you are wondering I got my 2018 Mustang GT mid November last year. Everything was fine until a few weeks ago my intake manifold had issues again. They let me drive on the car the past few weeks because they were working on a redesign of the intake. I just brought the car in today and I will update if I have any further issues!

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Hey everyone, in case you are wondering I got my 2018 Mustang GT mid November last year. Everything was fine until a few weeks ago my intake manifold had issues again. They let me drive on the car the past few weeks because they were working on a redesign of the intake. I just brought the car in today and I will update if I have any further issues!
What problems did you notice that caused you to take it in in the first place? Just wondering what a cracked intake manifold causes and how I'd notice it. It is concerning that your new 2018 has the same problem as your 2016.
Sponsored