Sponsored

Latest update from Ford Performance Tune

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
would the FR tune even be worth it since these cars pretty much need an aftermarket intercooler to hold any type of power? And in order to feel the true potential of the intercooler, we would need a tune anyways?
I don't have an intercooler.... trust me, it is not dire as some people state on this forum. Lots of that huff and puff is people trying to convince themselves of the mods they purchased.

I'd get an intercooler if I were to track the car though... but for street driving -- and I push it at times -- there is no place (at least on the East coast) you can push this car to the edge, legally. My last trek out was 1500 miles in a week... it was fun.

Best time was with a vert GT going into Cleveland... we were moving... these EB cars are something else.
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I don't have an intercooler.... trust me, it is not dire as some people state on this forum. Lots of that huff and puff is people trying to convince themselves of the mods they purchased.

I'd get an intercooler if I were to track the car though... but for street driving -- and I push it at times -- there is no place (at least on the East coast) you can push this car to the edge, legally. My last trek out was 1500 miles in a week... it was fun.

Best time was with a vert GT going into Cleveland... we were moving... these EB cars are something else.
Jtmat I knkw you think I have an issue with your opinion on the intercooler. I say this with 100% respect. I do not track the car I do not race. When I had the stock fmic and my accesport charge temps were so high always. Even if I never stepped on the gas. After I bought the ATM, they stay always like 15 above ambient. If you can agree lower charge temps is better V's higher, then why do you think an intercooler makes no difference? Again not attacking just curious as you seem like a very educated smart person, and you are literally the only person I have seen post these thoughts. Thank you and, respect!

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Jtmat I knkw you think I have an issue with your opinion on the intercooler. I say this with 100% respect. I do not track the car I do not race. When I had the stock fmic and my accesport charge temps were so high always. Even if I never stepped on the gas. After I bought the ATM, they stay always like 15 above ambient. If you can agree lower charge temps is better V's higher, then why do you think an intercooler makes no difference? Again not attacking just curious as you seem like a very educated smart person, and you are literally the only person I have seen post these thoughts. Thank you and, respect!
I've actually argued this point with him on another thread of his and all I got was a PM stating to keep that opinion to myself or I'll be blocked.

So, it's safe to say he's convinced that one is not needed unless you're going to track the car or whatever. Nothing you'll say will change his mind.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I've actually argued this point with him on another thread of his and all I got was a PM stating to keep that opinion to myself or I'll be blocked.

So, it's safe to say he's convinced that one is not needed unless you're going to track the car or whatever. Nothing you'll say will change his mind.
Fair enough, and that's fine and I can respect that, I guess it's when he's telling others who are looking for answers. His is the only one I have seen have that opinion so I was just wondering how it got to that conclusion. I'm good though, ty

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
For those seeking to increase performance, it's absolutely necessary. Period. He cannot argue that it's not nor can anyone else. That's been proven over and over again with actual data, not opinion.

Can you drive around stock on the factory FMIC? Yes. Could you drive around tuned on the factory FMIC? Yes. However, what would be the point to tuning or adding any performance mods when you're gonna flush it down the toilet in a single 3rd gear pull?

The car isn't gonna blow up from running the factory FMIC. There's enough safeguards in place that the PCM will start pulling back timing and such to protect it, but what happens when that goes into effect? It craps all over any power, even factory levels, that you're trying to produce.

To say that people are trying to "convince themselves of the mods they purchased" is laudable, at best. Anyone with an upgraded FMIC knows they need no convincing about it, especially that mod in particular. What it really sounds like is someone trying to convince themselves of why they don't need one.

I'm not trying to be rude, but acting like we're all full of crap when recommending an upgrade intercooler comes off as being severely misinformed or uneducated about the matter. If you're after consistent and reliable horsepower production, it's a very necessary and key component.

Sponsored

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I feel that the FR tune will be overpriced and underwhelming. But it's warranty friendly which is the selling point.

Now the REAL question is; Tune + or dyno tune locally....?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I feel that the FR tune will be overpriced and underwhelming. But it's warranty friendly which is the selling point.

That's not even a question, Tune+. I'd be afraid of what I'd run into using a local dyno guy. I don't mean that in a negative way, but tuning an EcoBoost car is different than tuning a regular car.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Both! Have Adam do the tuning from a dyno! And ty juben, I guess there's no sense in arguing someone who can't back up opinion with fact. Agree on every level

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
For those seeking to increase performance, it's absolutely necessary. Period. He cannot argue that it's not nor can anyone else. That's been proven over and over again with actual data, not opinion.

Can you drive around stock on the factory FMIC? Yes. Could you drive around tuned on the factory FMIC? Yes. However, what would be the point to tuning or adding any performance mods when you're gonna flush it down the toilet in a single 3rd gear pull?

The car isn't gonna blow up from running the factory FMIC. There's enough safeguards in place that the PCM will start pulling back timing and such to protect it, but what happens when that goes into effect? It craps all over any power, even factory levels, that you're trying to produce.

To say that people are trying to "convince themselves of the mods they purchased" is laudable, at best. Anyone with an upgraded FMIC knows they need no convincing about it, especially that mod in particular. What it really sounds like is someone trying to convince themselves of why they don't need one.

I'm not trying to be rude, but acting like we're all full of crap when recommending an upgrade intercooler comes off as being severely misinformed or uneducated about the matter. If you're after consistent and reliable horsepower production, it's a very necessary and key component.
I've had my car for a year and a half now and being bone stock I can tell you that you CAN feel a difference in power when the intercooler gets heatsoaked. Coming out of my complex onto the frontage road the first couple gears feel strong, but about 10 or so minutes into my drive in this 90 degree humid Texas heat you can feel the car down on power, as every subsequent pull feels less and less strong than when I first started driving the car in the morning.

I don't need any convincing to say that an intercooler is absolutely necessary, hell I could feel the difference just a few months into owning the car! Haven't modded yet because I don't know what path I want to take but you can best believe that an intercooler is at the top of my list.

I would say that if you don't want to mod your car because of warranty confers or whatever, I would suggest at the very least an intercooler. I believe that would make a world of difference for you, at least until you decide to get tuned or go big turbo.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Aside from all of this, I'll be keeping my eye on this. Maybe it would be safe to say a 30HP and 50-60 ft-lbs gain??

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I'd say that'd be very close to what the numbers will be.
That actually sounds pretty good for my needs. Just enough to make it fun for daily driving, and an intercooler would top it off nicely.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
That actually sounds pretty good for my needs. Just enough to make it fun for daily driving, and an intercooler would top it off nicely.
U will get bit by the bug and want more ;). Especially if you ever drive someone else's pro tuned car. That's what happened to me, had SCT x4, then drive an Adam tuned car and I couldn't drive my car the same...... It sucked, but now I'm on that assholetuned bandwagon and it's awesome! Good luck

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!

Get it right... that is because you were crapping all over my build thread. Honestly, who does that? You and another person on here, that is who. After explaining over and over, I don't get what answers you are looking for. So I don't agree with you... so what? Who cares? It is the internet. Are you looking for an argument?

If you want to justify your mod, go ahead, pretend like a IC is a "must have" for a street car (not racing/going on the track).

I'm not trying to force anyone to think anything... just not going along with the crew on this one and you seem butt hurt over it....

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Fair enough, and that's fine and I can respect that, I guess it's when he's telling others who are looking for answers. His is the only one I have seen have that opinion so I was just wondering how it got to that conclusion. I'm good though, ty
You have an opinion and I have mine... we have been through it 100 times. Why do you keep trolling my posts, looking for the same answers over and over? I'm trying to ignore you... and a couple of other people on here.

And no, I'm not the only person who believes this.. just the others don't say much since you guys/gals might write 4 or 5 paragraphs (well at least one person in your crew) on why an IC is needed on a stock car not going to a track. Although, the other day the person did back off his previous posts and say an IC is not needed on a car not going to the track (which was odd since this is what I've said all along).

Well unless someone simply wants an IC... I say GET ONE. Go get it... won't hurt me. I can still keep up with you. And judging 0-60 times, even with the top down, I will outrun you (and by my tests, on multiple runs), with my stock IC. :D

If you ask a different question that I've not answered, I'll be more than happy to answer it. But repeating myself over and over is not something I care to do. And I definitely don't like starting drama on the internet for the sake of it (mods don't like that).

The bottom line is that you can simply agree to disagree and get over it. I have... but you still want answers to questions I've already answered, multiple times. :)

With this post, I'm done with speaking on this issue with you. You can write your wordy text on why IC are needed and people can read that and make a decision. I'm simply not going to engage with you because it makes no sense and I think some thoughts I've read on here on the stock IC in our Mustangs are irrational.
Sponsored

Last edited: