Late to the party

jdowen2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6, 1967 Mustang
Late to the party. Bought my V6 convertible just before Christmas. Added interior led's, Diode Dynamics side markers and tail light brake sequencer, Roush intake and 2014 Gt throttle body and recent MPT tune. I think that will do it for a while. But you never know, do you? Forgot GT catback installed!
Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Late to the party. Bought my V6 convertible just before Christmas. Added interior led's, Diode Dynamics side markers and tail light brake sequencer, Roush intake and 2014 Gt throttle body and recent MPT tune. I think that will do it for a while. But you never know, do you? Forgot GT catback installed!
Welcome. That's a good start o the mods. NEXT, suspension haha! In all seriousness we are good low key crew all about sharing knowledge to make our 3.7 Stangs as awesome as we can.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT in Shadow Black
Yeah everyone here seems really awesome so far!

I just got my car two weeks ago, been driving the hell out of it.

Now to start bolting on some power!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
There are a few late to the party V6 owners here. I've only had my 2015 since September. You will find this forum a great resource.

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic 3.7L V6 auto, Eibach lowering springs, Bama tune
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought my first Mustang and in V6, last weekend! all I want to do now is drive. Handles as nice as the GT I hired in the past and more than fast enough for (the roads) where I live. But I am thinking about a supercharger, exhaust and springs!

Sponsored

Darknight3.7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edgar
Vehicle(s)
3.7 mustang
Yea just got my 2014 3.7 mustang like 6 months ago n I love her only done the flow master cat back

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
"better late than never" Indeed. Just got my 2015 V6 3 days ago :)
Congrats on your car! Good to see new V6 owners given they don't make 'em any more. I also bought a '15 V6 back in September. Lots of great information here.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Welcome. These cars don’t really need more power if you daily drive. The one mod I would do is the throttle body. Whatever is stock really squeezes out the air. A new one gets the power going quicker. IMO if you start going down a supercharge route you might as well have just ponied up the little extra cash for the GT.
I daily drive my car and I don’t want to pay for the extra gas and insurance. 300hp is enough to beat 95% of every other car. CAI, mustang Gt exhaust and throttle body, maybe a tune and put it in sport mode you’re beating almost everything on the road. All for the price of a midrange Camry. The 3.7 in this car is an utterly great engine and the cars are overbuilt to work with the 5.0 so longevity isn’t really a problem either. V6 mustang is the most overlooked and under appreciated car on the road.

Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’ve had this car exactly four years now. Only problem was a failed water pump replaced under warranty at three years. I hammer the shit out of it. Best car I’ve ever driven.

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
plastidipped wheels and logos, smoked out all the lights, lowered with eibach springs, got a bama tune. Now i really need new wheel and tires + cold air intake, exhaust and gears on the shopping list

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
plastidipped wheels and logos, smoked out all the lights, lowered with eibach springs, got a bama tune. Now i really need new wheel and tires + cold air intake, exhaust and gears on the shopping list
Before you spend all the money, make sure you're set on keeping the car and won't fall into the trap of doing all that just to end up trading in on a 5.0 a few months later. Seen it happen quite a few times.

I personally love my car and the way it runs now (except for a power pulling issue I'm getting from 4th-6th again) so I'm not trading out any time soon.

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
well i feel like those are relatively minor and inexpensive mods, compared to what i could be doing, i.e. supercharger.

Can't afford a GT and on a small Caribbean island with one 1/8 mile drag track. highest road limit is 50mph but my end is only 40mph, so i don't really need GT power, and am loving the fuel efficiency and cost as gas prices here are more than double the states. Already got a $585 USD speeding fine for doing 64mph in a 40 zone.

got the car at a very reasonable price considering everything is imported here, so i'm pretty happy to stay with it as am loving it so far. I would get a GT if I was in the states for sure.

FYI - 2016 GT's go for around $35,000 USD here

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Gear swap is $1k+, tune is at least $100 (don't run Bama...), wheels + tires is $1500, exhaust depends on what you want but at least $400 I'd say, cold air intake new is $300. It adds up man.

Can't imagine that high of a fine for speeding! Cayman Islands were nice when I visited, much better roads than some of the other islands at least.
Sponsored