Sponsored

MPT gearing up to tune the 2015 v6

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
I'm sure a lot of you guys have heard about MPT since they were known for having some killer tunes for the 2011-2014 v6 platform. I myself never ran their tune, but I know people that swear by it. Gained a lot of popularity with their ghost cam tunes (search MPT ghost cam on youtube) as well as their everyday performance tune.

Well they are located a short 10min drive from where I live, they're looking for a 2015 3.7 to dyno tune for several days and I just so happen to have one!

I've arranged a drop off at MPT and they'll begin the tuning process for the 2015+ 3.7 next week! :headbang:

(I'm currently running the BAMA tune, so we'll see how it compares once I get some driving time behind the MPT)

UPDATE: 4/8/2016-Numbers are in: On my modded v6 with MPT tune

Power: 295.2 Hp @ 6k RPM
Torque: 286.9 ft-lbs @ 4050 RPM

Gains vs Stock tune were:

+34.5 HP
+33.8 ft-lbs

Love the tune, they said it will be available for you all shortly within the next week or so.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The guys over at MPT are awesome to deal with. We deal with them on our truck systems daily. A lot to be said for people you can get a hold of when you need them!

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
I'm sure a lot of you guys have heard about MPT since they were known for having some killer tunes for the 2011-2014 v6 platform. I myself never ran their tune, but I know people that swear by it. Gained a lot of popularity with their ghost cam tunes (search MPT ghost cam on youtube) as well as their everyday performance tune.

Well they are located a short 10min drive from where I live, they're looking for a 2015 3.7 to dyno tune for several days and I just so happen to have one!

I've arranged a drop off at MPT and they'll begin the tuning process for the 2015+ 3.7 next week! :headbang:

(I'm currently running the BAMA tune, so we'll see how it compares once I get some driving time behind the MPT)
Were are they located? 10 min's from Lake Mary.

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
According to Google their address is: 620 Poyner Dr, Longwood, FL 32750

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
I like it finally getting different options for the 3.7 ...... Ghost cam..... that would be nice..... :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMachine

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Were are they located? 10 min's from Lake Mary.

Yep, they're over in Longwood. I'd imagine after tuning my car on the dyno they'll release that tune as an email tune to the rest of you guys shortly after!

Last edited:

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S

That's funny I told them I would drop mine off and they denied me, I was told about this by another business so I hit them up saying I will drop my car off and they told me they were looking for someone local but I guess they didn't understand what drop off meant.

V6junkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 ingot silver
I could be wrong but I see it as your normal performance tune but with the coolness effect of the cam sound not sure on con unless the cam effect got annoying.

OP
OP
BMachine

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Pros and cons of running ghost cam tune?
I've heard all sorts of things on this topic, and honestly i don't know. I hear some people just run the ghost cams at car shows and such, alternatively I know people run the ghost cam 24/7 as a normal performance tune.

Apparently the way MPT does the ghost cams is at idle you get that classic cam sound, but as soon as you are up to speed you get your efficiency and performance you would expect from a tune.

ALSO I don't even know if they are planning on a ghost cam with my car next week, to my knowledge they are just going to do the performance/race combo but who knows they may throw in the ghost cam if they have time to work it out. they'll probably have my car for 3-4 days or so, so we'll see!

Sponsored

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
I've heard all sorts of things on this topic, and honestly i don't know. I hear some people just run the ghost cams at car shows and such, alternatively I know people run the ghost cam 24/7 as a normal performance tune.

Apparently the way MPT does the ghost cams is at idle you get that classic cam sound, but as soon as you are up to speed you get your efficiency and performance you would expect from a tune.

ALSO I don't even know if they are planning on a ghost cam with my car next week, to my knowledge they are just going to do the performance/race combo but who knows they may throw in the ghost cam if they have time to work it out. they'll probably have my car for 3-4 days or so, so we'll see!
Thanks for the info, I am more concerned about the ghost cam effect itself. Im sure it alters some timing on stuff and I was wondering if that alteration is bad for the car in any way or create unnecessary wear?

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
About time they do a tune. After seeing the gains the bama guys got, youd be hard pressed to get more....might be worth a try. I wonder what their price is

OP
OP
BMachine

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
About time they do a tune. After seeing the gains the bama guys got, youd be hard pressed to get more....might be worth a try. I wonder what their price is
Well based on their pricing of 11-14 cyclone tunes, which i'm assuming will carry over for the 2015+ they charge $399 for custom tune + Tuning Device bundle.

if you already have a device it's $100 for the tune.

Here's the link
http://www.morepowertuning.com/mustang-37-v6-customtune

Got all 5 star reviews and great comments, but its on their site so who knows if they are cherry picked or not haha, i'm always skeptical about reviews on a retailers site. But reading unbiased reviews on different forums they seem to have a great reputation amongst the 3.7 community...I don't know if i'd run the ghost cam one though, just doesn't seem healthy for the car. Cant wait to try the performance tune though

OP
OP
BMachine

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Thanks for the info, I am more concerned about the ghost cam effect itself. Im sure it alters some timing on stuff and I was wondering if that alteration is bad for the car in any way or create unnecessary wear?
I really don't know, I've looked into it myself and can't get a clear cut answer from a knowledgeable source...when i go to their shop on Monday i'll talk to them about it and see what the word is on that.

Personally i don't think i'd ever run it outside of maybe a car show, or showing my buddies. something about it just seems like it would be no good for the car but again that's me just using good ol' common sense, for all i know from a performance/tuning standpoint its harmless :shrug:

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
Well based on their pricing of 11-14 cyclone tunes, which i'm assuming will carry over for the 2015+ they charge $399 for custom tune + Tuning Device bundle.

if you already have a device it's $100 for the tune.

Here's the link
http://www.morepowertuning.com/mustang-37-v6-customtune

Got all 5 star reviews and great comments, but its on their site so who knows if they are cherry picked or not haha, i'm always skeptical about reviews on a retailers site. But reading unbiased reviews on different forums they seem to have a great reputation amongst the 3.7 community...I don't know if i'd run the ghost cam one though, just doesn't seem healthy for the car. Cant wait to try the performance tune though
They have tunes already for the s550? Didn't see on their website
Sponsored