I want to move the oil filter

Discussion in 'V6 3.7L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning' started by dguzzi, May 23, 2019.

1. dguzzi

dguzzi Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
    0   0   0
    I can't seem to find an adapter for the engine block. I can make the new filter holder, I just need the sandwich adapter to add the hoses. Someone must have done this with a V6!

2. USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang V6 MT
    Military
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure what the thread size is on the 3.7L. I am almost certain its not the same as the 5.0L (M22x1.5). I too was planning on this for when I go boost to I was going to install the oil cooler and an analog oil pressure guage. Issue is finding the right gauge adapter and oil filter thread pitch.

Doing a quick search for a Ford 3.7L sandwich adapter I got a few form Summitt Racing.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/oil-filter-adapters/make/ford/engine-size/3-7l-225

But I haven't done this yet and I only quickly searched for the parts...so grain of salt.

3. OP
    OP
    dguzzi

dguzzi Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
    0   0   0
    Thats funny...I looked there yesterday and the 3.7 wasn't listed. Oh I see that the price is a killer, and the year is off. Not sure I can experiment!

USMCtoARMY likes this.