Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It's Californistan.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I live in the downtown of a major city and am shocked often sarcastically at some of my neighbors who complain.

It's downtown.... there's gonna be noise, drunk people, tourists, cars, fireworks 4 times a year, music etc litterally all year round.

You knew this....

I'm not shocked at this racetrack stuff. People think cause they live somewhere that the entire area must bend to their comfort levels. It's more common than you think. I also grew up on military bases and overseas. I don't even hear noise any more half the time.

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
So, when I thought I was watching cars racing there back in the '60s, it was just the 'shrooms affecting me?

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So, when I thought I was watching cars racing there back in the '60s, it was just the 'shrooms affecting me?
LOL yep. No way it couldā€™ve been there, the residents suing now would know better šŸ¤£

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
hope the presiding judge tells these people to piss off, the track was there long before they were.
The reality is different unfortunately. A similar series of lawsuits have practically ruined an iconic and historical Circuit Mont-Tremblant track here in Canada. It wasn't shut down, but the crazy limitations on noise, number of cars and etc has made it basically unusable. Even a stock mustang would likely blow the sound limits, you'd get black flagged and kicked out if you blow the meter twice, the number of cars allowed is very limitied, so the cost of doing HPDE there is basically doubled, and there is nothing the owners can do about it. It will likely close after 60 years of history, including F1 races, just to satisfy a dozen rich aholes who likely don't even live in the cottages that they own there.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The reality is different unfortunately. A similar series of lawsuits have practically ruined an iconic and historical Circuit Mont-Tremblant track here in Canada. It wasn't shut down, but the crazy limitations on noise, number of cars and etc has made it basically unusable. Even a stock mustang would likely blow the sound limits, you'd get black flagged and kicked out if you blow the meter twice, the number of cars allowed is very limitied, so the cost of doing HPDE there is basically doubled, and there is nothing the owners can do about it. It will likely close after 60 years of history, including F1 races, just to satisfy a dozen rich aholes who likely don't even live in the cottages that they own there.
Having seen how CA judges look at cases involving individuals vs corporations through past work experiences, I agree with you it may not turn out well. I think the one glimmer of hope here is the County owns the track. They zoned it and likely set a lot of the regulations around it, so I think they are in firm ground. But the wildcard will be what kind of judge presides over the case. Iā€™m sure the locals have more experience with this kind of stuff than I do especially recently , I havenā€™t dealt with Cali judges in about 10 years (thankfully).

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Having seen how CA judges look at cases involving individuals vs corporations through past work experiences, I agree with you it may not turn out well. I think the one glimmer of hope here is the County owns the track. They zoned it and likely set a lot of the regulations around it, so I think they are in firm ground. But the wildcard will be what kind of judge presides over the case. Iā€™m sure the locals have more experience with this kind of stuff than I do especially recently , I havenā€™t dealt with Cali judges in about 10 years (thankfully).
Sure, they won't take the land away, but most likely they will enforce the sound limits on it, which will significantly impact number of people and events there, and ultimately commercial viability of running the track. I really hope I'm wrong with this one and things will go differently.

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
From Lions Dragway to Riverside Raceway, & many more along the way...
The People's Republic of California, always handles this situation best.

Neil deGrasse Tyson tells us we won't need to drive our gasoline powered classics/performance cars, on the crowed highways soon. Cuz we will have racetracks all over the nation for that sort of enjoyment.

Clearly someone forgot to explain to him that reality, unlike astrophysics, only lives outside of most west coast states that touch an ocean. He's never owned a sports car by his own admission either
Yet, understands the future of the performance car culture, & all it's available facilities we will soon enjoy šŸ˜‰.

Sponsored

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Noise complaints have been shutting down tracks all over CA for decades. The most recent example is Fontana drag way and now the Nascar track/Fontana as a whole.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I guess they want people to do ALL that in the street! :like:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last edited:
OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/laguna-seca-being-sued-by-its-neighbors.195256/

I was thinking of this topic today. Like many here, I grew up around these tracks. It was something we often heard, but didn't both us. During football season, I can hear the local HS stadium well into the night; nobody's suing to remove that.
I need to use the search function better here, I thought this wouldā€™ve been brought up already but couldnā€™t find it šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø. Thanks for posting CJā€™s thread link.

There are always lawsuits between homeowners and Oā€™Hare Airport here. They piss and moan because they bought a house adjacent to one of the busiest airport in the world and didnā€™t think it would be noisy?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Good article BTW. The sarcasm was well-received. I'd be like, "Really?! I'm that close? Score!" :rockon:
Sponsored