• American Racing Headers

Votes: 44 57.1%

• Total voters

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I have corsa sport catback and headers. You will need a 6 inch extension if you are keeping 3 inch all the way back. If you use the factory neck down all headers will fit with the corsa

What headers are you running? I take it SW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
No extension needed with the 3" direct connect. We now have some in stock!

We will also be doing Corsa/ ARH packages!!
image.jpg

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
For NA do most go with the 1 3/4" Kooks headers? I will be going with the catted ones as I don't really want the smell and I do have inspections here etc. These all bolt up direct to stock resonator section right?

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
For NA do most go with the 1 3/4" Kooks headers? I will be going with the catted ones as I don't really want the smell and I do have inspections here etc. These all bolt up direct to stock resonator section right?
I chose 1 3/4 since I'm never going FI. I really need confirmation regarding the smell since almost everyone suggested to go catless, especially that I don't have emission restrictions where I live.

It's my daily driver and I'm just worried if the smell is overwhelming. Some people say there's not much smell, and others say it's too much even inside the car. I'm not so sure which one is true.

Also will headers add any drone to my system?

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I would go 1 7/8 for an NA car or a "kit FI" setup. For boost over 12 psi, HP over 750 rwhp I would go with 2".

1 3/4 are for trucks, IMO.

I chose 1 3/4 since I'm never going FI. I really need confirmation regarding the smell since almost everyone suggested to go catless, especially that I don't have emission restrictions where I live.

It's my daily driver and I'm just worried if the smell is overwhelming. Some people say there's not much smell, and others say it's too much even inside the car. I'm not so sure which one is true.

Also will headers add any drone to my system?
Catless will smell foul on 93, sweet on E85. Catted has little smell on either one. hi flow cats do smell more than stock cats, which have zero smell. the cats that come with long tubes do not restrict power, especially NA. no cats are for nitrous and high boost applications.

Someone who thinks catless doesn't stink to high heaven either only drives into a headwind or have defective olfactory parts.

I have a 1000 HP C7 with no cats. All my other cars that get long tubes also get cats.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
I would go 1 7/8 for an NA car or a "kit FI" setup. For boost over 12 psi, HP over 750 rwhp I would go with 2".

1 3/4 are for trucks, IMO.

Catless will smell foul on 93, sweet on E85. Catted has little smell on either one. hi flow cats do smell more than stock cats, which have zero smell. the cats that come with long tubes do not restrict power, especially NA. no cats are for nitrous and high boost applications.

Someone who thinks catless doesn't stink to high heaven either only drives into a headwind or have defective olfactory parts.

I have a 1000 HP C7 with no cats. All my other cars that get long tubes also get cats.
There isn't any benefit in choosing 1 7/8 if you're going to stay NA. At least that's what I understood from all the articles I've read.

Even though I wanted to go non-catted since there isn't any emission restrictions here, but I have a feeling I'll regret it. I think I'll be going with the high flow cats.

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
There isn't any benefit in choosing 1 7/8 if you're going to stay NA. At least that's what I understood from all the articles I've read.

Even though I wanted to go non-catted since there isn't any emission restrictions here, but I have a feeling I'll regret it. I think I'll be going with the high flow cats.
i think the right way to phrase it is, "there isn't any drawback to going with 1 7/8, even when staying NA."

they give up nothing to 3/4 anywhere and can provide benefits up top should you decide to add a CJ manifold or the like.

in all likelihood, since you already have the 3/4 anyways, I doubt you are going to notice a difference.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
If you get the catted setup they should come with the removable sleeves to ditch the cats. This way you'll be able to try both and see which one you prefer. The tune won't change since you'll have to have the rear o2's turned off regardless the setup.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

Untrue. The 5.0s make better gains with the 1 7/8th almost everywhere in the power band.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
i think the right way to phrase it is, "there isn't any drawback to going with 1 7/8, even when staying NA."

they give up nothing to 3/4 anywhere and can provide benefits up top should you decide to add a CJ manifold or the like.

in all likelihood, since you already have the 3/4 anyways, I doubt you are going to notice a difference.
I didn't place my order yet. But I know for a fact that I'm not going to mod beyond this. Catback, springs, headers, CAI and a tune, and that is it. Maybe wheels and cosmetics later, but probably no performance mods. So as much as you are right that there isn't any drawbacks to go with 1 7/8, there isn't any drawbacks to go with 1 3/4 as well. Both will perform the exact same way, for my intended purposes.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I didn't place my order yet. But I know for a fact that I'm not going to mod beyond this. Catback, springs, headers, CAI and a tune, and that is it. Maybe wheels and cosmetics later, but probably no performance mods. So as much as you are right that there isn't any drawbacks to go with 1 7/8, there isn't any drawbacks to go with 1 3/4 as well. Both will perform the exact same way, for my intended purposes.
Might as well get the most hp for your dollar spent. Youre leaving power gains almost everywhere off the table with the smaller option. Why give up hp? You're modding for more of it, take advantage of it. Its a lot of peoples famous last words of "this is all i want." and "Im not going any farther in mods" .

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Even if you go without cats you can always buy them later. If you look see they are just a short 45 degree tube with a cat. Very easy to swap out. I'd go cat less and later on you can purchase them if you like. Very easy. Talk to Nick at ARH

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
Even if you go without cats you can always buy them later. If you look see they are just a short 45 degree tube with a cat. Very easy to swap out. I'd go cat less and later on you can purchase them if you like. Very easy. Talk to Nick at ARH
If you get the catted setup they should come with the removable sleeves to ditch the cats. This way you'll be able to try both and see which one you prefer. The tune won't change since you'll have to have the rear o2's turned off regardless the setup.
I think it'll be easier to remove the cats if I wanna go cat less than ordering cats.

Might as well get the most hp for your dollar spent. Youre leaving power gains almost everywhere off the table with the smaller option. Why give up hp? You're modding for more of it, take advantage of it. Its a lot of peoples famous last words of "this is all i want." and "Im not going any farther in mods" .
haha, it's true. I thought my catback would be my only mod, but here I am, looking for more. Well, put in mind my catback is 2.5", so I guess I'm "restricted" for big future mods? Either way, if there's absolutely no drawbacks from running 1 7/8 on NA then there shouldn't be a reason why I wouldn't choose it. Its only $25 more btw.
Sponsored