• Total voters

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
I was initially set on getting Kooks, but my installer recommended American Racing Headers. They are the only dealers for Kooks in the country, yet he said he prefers American Racing Headers in term of quality and sound.

I know both companies are the best in the business, and they are both priced almost the same (Kooks is about $20 more). Have anyone had a chance to experience both of them?

Note: I will be running catted LTHs with my Borla Atak Catback. I chose to go with the catted simply to avoid the heavy exhaust smell.
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
American Racing is made up of former employees that used to work for Kooks that just decided to go off on their own. You can't go wrong with either one. I'd be more concerned with things like o2 placement.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
American Racing is made up of former employees that used to work for Kooks that just decided to go off on their own. You can't go wrong with either one. I'd be more concerned with things like o2 placement.
What is that exactly, and how can it be a concern?
Also, I have no emissions regulations here, should I go with off road instead of catted? The guy from ARH suggested I should go non-catted, but I still don't quiet understand how does it make a difference.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Arh is whats used on cobra jets and what Watson racing preferred as well. I find arh sounds better. Kooks is a quality product. I have used both over the years and find arh to be higher quality.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is that exactly, and how can it be a concern?
Also, I have no emissions regulations here, should I go with off road instead of catted? The guy from ARH suggested I should go non-catted, but I still don't quiet understand how does it make a difference.
Catless will make a little more power than catted and be a little louder. Which one to choose comes down to personal preference unless of course emissions is a factor which isn't for you. Catted will be more expensive.

On the 2011-2014 cars the Kooks were in fact a mid length header and not a true longtube. But that gave them an advantage over the others due to their o2 placement. I had the ARH and had issues with the front o2's being in the 3:00 and 9:00 position. They would kill them periodicaly and many others had the same problem. I have a friend with the ARH on his 2013 and he's killed four of them. Because of their placement it traps moisture and destroys the o2's by shattering the ceramic part of them. I have not looked into the 2015 longtubes yet but if I did I would be looking into this.

Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I used to think ARH was good but then I spoke to some of their employees. Horrible customer service, I only buy Kooks now.

ARH makes a decent header but do yourself a favor and don't get mixed up with them, you aren't giving up anything with Kooks and in some cases are getting a better product.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
They are both great. The 15 up o2 is different so the placement is not an issue.

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Sub'd to this also, I am looking into headers and was dead set on SW but after reading I think I might go with ARH. My biggest concern is having a system that will tie directly into my Corsa Xtreme.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
Arh is whats used on cobra jets and what Watson racing preferred as well. I find arh sounds better. Kooks is a quality product. I have used both over the years and find arh to be higher quality.
I'm leaning more towards ARH and will probably end up buying their LTHs.

Catless will make a little more power than catted and be a little louder. Which one to choose comes down to personal preference unless of course emissions is a factor which isn't for you. Catted will be more expensive.
Is there any other purpose for the cats other than emissions? Will I be smelling exhaust smell all the time if I go non-catted?

They are both great. The 15 up o2 is different so the placement is not an issue.
That's good to know!

Sub'd to this also, I am looking into headers and was dead set on SW but after reading I think I might go with ARH. My biggest concern is having a system that will tie directly into my Corsa Xtreme.
I'm most probably going with ARH as well. Btw, I've read somewhere here that ARH are the only headers that will bolt directly to Corsa systems.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I'm leaning more towards ARH and will probably end up buying their LTHs.

Is there any other purpose for the cats other than emissions? Will I be smelling exhaust smell all the time if I go non-catted?

That's good to know!

I'm most probably going with ARH as well. Btw, I've read somewhere here that ARH are the only headers that will bolt directly to Corsa systems.
This is correct with corsa.

Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cats are for emissions purpose only. Yes you will be smelling exhaust all the time unless you're running E85. Also the difference in power with cats and no cats is very small. Me personally I would run cats and this is having off road exhausts systems on all my previous cars.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I imagine they would both be great.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Does it fit without modifying the corsa exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont know the details of what they are doing. Im personally not into corsa. I like the whole arh system. But [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] does.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I have corsa sport catback and headers. You will need a 6 inch extension if you are keeping 3 inch all the way back. If you use the factory neck down all headers will fit with the corsa
Sponsored