Kooks RHD Headers from Stage 3

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It will be louder yes.
Any idea on how much?

Whilst I wouldn't mind a bit more "fuck yeah!", I can do without more "FUCK YOU!!!!".

Quite like the volume of mine on the motorway so if these are a LOT louder it might be an issue. :(
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Any idea on how much?

Whilst I wouldn't mind a bit more "fuck yeah!", I can do without more "FUCK YOU!!!!".

Quite like the volume of mine on the motorway so if these are a LOT louder it might be an issue. :(

Cruising speeds should be relatively un-affected buddy. But the moment you get on it headers give the impression of a lot more exhaust noise inside the car because you have to think about it logical.

Right now you have shorty headers, these are located under the hood away from the driver and at present your cats are high up and it is cats that silence a lot of noise.

When you move to long tubes, those tubes are now extended right under the car and the cats are much further back, as such when you get on it you get way more internal exhaust noise within the cabin when you apply throttle, at WOT it can be loud.

Cruising should be not much different, cold starts will be louder as well, but once warmed the idle won't be much different and also bear in mind headers normally add more rasp even with cats so if that happens you might want to consider some resonators (rasp killers) located at somepoint in the exhaust.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
PRICES!

Here's the pricing from Stage 3 :)

1155H210-1 3/4 x 3 Header w/OEM O/R Conn RHD - £1699

1155H220-1 3/4 x 3 Header/OEM Catted Conn RHD - £1899

1155H230-1 3/4 x 3 Header/OEM GREEN Conn RHD - £2399

1155H410-1 7/8 x 3 Header/OEM O/R Conn RHD -£1749

1155H420-1 7/8 x 3 Header/OEM Catted Conn RHD - £1949

1155H430-1 7/8 x 3 Header/OEM GREEN Conn RHD -£2449

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the pricing from Stage 3 :)

1155H210-1 3/4 x 3 Header w/OEM O/R Conn RHD - £1699

1155H220-1 3/4 x 3 Header/OEM Catted Conn RHD - £1899

1155H230-1 3/4 x 3 Header/OEM GREEN Conn RHD - £2399

1155H410-1 7/8 x 3 Header/OEM O/R Conn RHD -£1749

1155H420-1 7/8 x 3 Header/OEM Catted Conn RHD - £1949

1155H430-1 7/8 x 3 Header/OEM GREEN Conn RHD -£2449

So they have stock landed in the UK m8? I am curious just to how they are quoting pricing in GBP?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
These prices are for the items to be delivered to Modurstang, where they can be collected........or, I guess, fitted!

They are shipping at the end of the month.

:)

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I have also been looking at the Kooks headers but the price is just way too high for me, especially considering the competition which is a shame for Kooks

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
No offence to Mike but if your tuning the car, seriously avoid UK tuners and go Lund, go with the people who tune several of these things every day and will customise the tune to suit your needs and get the best safely from your car. :)

Hey guys.....I've done a bit of housekeeping on the thread :p

Anyway....just wanted to clarify something around the tunes. Mike at Modurstang doesn't create the tunes himself, but he'll obtain them from the usual suspects in the US, based on whatever parameters the car requires, and then have them emailed to him. This is just as if you'd bought the tune yourself from one of the US suppliers, the difference is, Mike will upload the tune as part of the install. He's been doing this for a good number of years and, as far as I'm aware, there haven't been any complaints :)

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I have also been looking at the Kooks headers but the price is just way too high for me, especially considering the competition which is a shame for Kooks
I'm with you.... I really like the look of the Xforce headers:)... I know they're welded joints instead of formed bends, but In the past, I've had this style many times on my bikes, and old TVR's...:thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm with you.... I really like the look of the Xforce headers:)... I know they're welded joints instead of formed bends, but In the past, I've had this style many times on my bikes, and old TVR's...:thumbsup:

As we discussed in person they do not look as nice and technically it is another point of failure if a weld is bad, however is this likely to happen? NO!

For the money they are excellent value and will make the same power as the other ones available.

Wait for Trump to get elected and then order a set. :D

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
As we discussed in person they do not look as nice and technically it is another point of failure if a weld is bad, however is this likely to happen? NO!

For the money they are excellent value and will make the same power as the other ones available.

Funny thing is, polically, if Trump is elected the Dollar will hit the shitter, but he'll probably do more for their economy over his tenure than (anything else) Hillary lol.

That being said, the states are fucked regardless of who they picked, no envy here, praying for a nice dealer with non-eu UK and USA for a nice flat currency and open trade borders between the two of us.... We can hope ;)!

ANyway, back to Headers... Who's pulling the trigger on the headers first?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather

I actually prefer the look of them over machine bent.......something about being hand crafted from scratch appeals to me.... more of a work of art than just sticking a bit of pipe on a CNC bender......:)

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Hi I am going with Kooks 1 7/8" Green Cats with Mike at Modurstang via Stage 3. I will get them posted up and keep them pending Mike fitting a Stage 1 Whipple Supercharger next Easter pending $ to £.:thumbsup:
Sponsored