Sponsored

Beginners Exhaust Guide + KOOKS RHD HEADERS Launch offer

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
[MENTION=25168]Jimmy Pancakes[/MENTION] this "pre order" offer is available for all Kooks systems not just the Headers, so you can order the Axle back and it will be discounted. Which one were you looking at?

Kooks S550 GT V8 Axle back exhaust with Black Tips
Sponsored

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
I'm looking for something not too loud when I start the car in the morning so that would be the standard yeah? edit: put me on the group list please!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Dear all,
I have been informed by Kooks that they are well underway with RHD prep for production, so we will get our intro offer underway now as well.

Offer will run from today, until Monday 17th of October. To qualify for the offer you must have paid by then, or at least be in discussion for your requirements.

Due to the nature of long distance shipping and lead times I will structure the offer in two ways:

You can either opt for a discount and free UK shipping and wait for delivery on our next incoming container shipment, which will probably mean a Christmas time-ish delivery, all dependant on shipping,

OR you can opt for an airfreight delivery, with a lesser discount, meaning you will have the headers or exhaust etc, a mere week after the production run is finished!

This will be a little confusing price wise as I won’t put up any finalised offer pricing right now as the pound is dropping like UKIP Leaders at the moment. Overnight it hit $1.10 (!!!!) and is back to $1.23 now. Also because we are talking about a large variety of products etc.

What I will do is contact the people below and discuss their best options and if they want in.

I have to say the prices put up initially were already posted up as ”Intro Prices” as they were priced quite aggressively to start with, and will only be going up shortly, so discounts on the website prices won’t be huge. In fact if the pound keeps up its antics, the “offer” might be more than the current web price!

The price was roughly approximate to the US pricing in dollars. This methodology held true in the past when the dollar pound was $1.50+

Current Kooks US retail pricing:

1 3/4 x 3 Header w/OEM DECATTED RHD $1,708.45
1 3/4 x 3 Header/OEM Catted Conn RHD $1,880.68
1 3/4 x 3 Header/OEM GREEN Conn RHD $2,514.33
1 7/8 x 3 Header/OEM DECATTED RHD $1,731.18
1 7/8 x 3 Header/OEM Catted Conn RHD $1,903.42
1 7/8 x 3 Header/OEM GREEN Conn RHD $2,538.37

However now for example let’s look at an example pricing in breakdown as of today on one part to give an idea how imports work.

The 1 7/8” Green catted headers were popular in the thread so let’s use them:

1. These headers are costly, due to 2 facts; one; they are well designed high performance headers, which are the most complex exhaust parts both to design successfully and to manufacture and two, they use VERY HIGH quality cats, which alone cost a lot of money. And remember the V8 needs 2 of them. US retail on these is US $2,538
2. UK RRP: £2,499 inc vat. As I said we have done this as intro pricing, so it’s already below US retail using £/$ equivalency.
3. Now lets’s take the current pound at work $1.23 as it is now.
4. Import duty and Vat must be charged on imports. Currently that would be 25%
5. If you take import duty & Vat into account and the current exchange rate, the cost of the parts IN THE USA already costs more than US retail:
$2,538 * 125% (Duty & Vat) / 1.23 (exchange rate) = ÂŁ2579
6. Remember the headers are in the US still at this point!
7. Shipping. I will estimate around £80 shipping via sea container and around double that for air shipping. Let’s work on sea shipping.
8. Here we have “double whammy”. All VAT and Duty is charged CIF (Cost Including Freight). So our shipped calculation is actually:
$2,538 / 1.23 (exchange rate) = ÂŁ2,063 + 80 (ship) * 125% (duty and vat) = ÂŁ2679

9. Even the above is a best case scenario. When you buy abroad, you never actually get the “real” exchange rate you will get your offered bank rate or even worse credit card rate, who will charge you around 3 or 4 cents under the rate, plus charge you exchange fees. Not only that but when clearing customs, you usually don’t just pay VAT and duty, but also clearance fees and handling charges. All these can add a significant chunk to your final cost “in hand”.

As such we hope you can see that ÂŁ2499 is already an attractive starting point!

1. GR11M
  2. Bronzetooth
  3. Gibbo
  4. Centurion: 1 7/8" headers with catted and green cats options
  5. Kapienlangzaam
  6. 666mac 1 7/8" headers with catted and green cats options
  7. Wolfman - 1 7/8" headers with catted and green cats options
  8. MrWolf - 1 7/8" headers with catted and green cats options
  9. Ozracer –
  10. V8HGT - 1 3/4" headers green cats options
  11. Stasik-a4
  12. Dan-G
  13. JimmyPancakes – Koosk Axleback black tips

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Thanks Robbie you have gone to a lot of effort on your Kooks product. I will be putting on a Whipple Supercharger next year and will most likely go with fitting headers at the same time so at present I will not be in the frame to purchase at the moment. Will keep visiting your site nearer the time.:cheers:

Sponsored

kevinS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT v8, Auto, Guard, Stripes, Saddle
Hi,

I would be interested in the group buy for 1 3/4" headers with catted and green cats options.

I have watched the videos for the installation and it is long but looks doable with a ramp, which I can time with from a friend.

This may be a stupid question, but how much louder will the overall exhaust be with these fitted? My cat back is already loud on a cold start and so I may have to look at a small resonator to tone it down a bit.

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The biggest impact on noise is resonators etc, and in the case of headers it will be the cats / decats.

Decats will be way louder, but high flow cats should just be a little louder. Not a very scientific illustration but I hope it helps!

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
So what is recomended for my GT350 Ford Racing by Borla which is a catback system? Is it 1 3/4" or 1 7/8"? and what cats to run?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
So what is recomended for my GT350 Ford Racing by Borla which is a catback system? Is it 1 3/4" or 1 7/8"? and what cats to run?

If your NA, 1 3/4 might/should make a touch more torque compared to 1 7/8 but were talking small amounts that you would probably never notice.

If you plan on ever going FI or plan on building a cammed high revving NA motor, then stick with 1 7/8.

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
As Gibbo says, if you are staying NA then we recommend 1 3/4" which will offer more torque gains.

Cats wise, you pays your money you takes your choice.

If NA then the Kooks ones will suffice, but the GREEN cats offer better environmental performance, plus also if you are thinking of tracking car they also offer far better high temp performance.

If forced induction high power car, then you will need to go GREEN cats.
Sponsored