WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Sorry forgot to ask will there be an option of short and long headers available as will I have to tune/map with long headers.:confused:
Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Price of 1 7/8 headers with carted & green cats please.

Also interested to hear if any short headers are heading our way

Last edited:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Price on the 1 7/8th green cat headers please.
Many thanks

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Just as a heads up, although Gibbo is correct in that 1 7/8th" system is right if you see Forced Induction as a definite part of your future, if you dont, then we would recommend staying with 1 3/4" for a normally aspirated car. Kooks make these for a reason, and the reason is that they perform better on an NA car!

Getting a 1 7/8 " system on a car that will stay NA is basically paying more to sacrifice torque gains, with no upside unless you add a turbo or supercharger.

I know these are American, but bigger doesn't always mean better! :D:thumbsup:

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Just as a heads up, although Gibbo is correct in that 1 7/8th" system is right if you see Forced Induction as a definite part of your future, if you dont, then we would recommend staying with 1 3/4" for a normally aspirated car. Kooks make these for a reason, and the reason is that they perform better on an NA car!

Getting a 1 7/8 " system on a car that will stay NA is basically paying more to sacrifice torque gains, with no upside unless you add a turbo or supercharger.

On reflection after seeing insurance quotes for supercharged can you give me the price for 1 3/4 headers with green cats please?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Less talk, more pricing!

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Pricing for the systems is up now on our website: HERE

The group buy / intro offer will be a discount off any system purchased, whether Axle back, Catback, headers or complete system.

Discount will depend on how many takers we get.

Headers quick price guide:
£1749 decat 1 3/4"
through to:
£2499 for Green Cat 1 7/8"

Also please note that the RHD system is not yet actually manufactured from Kooks yet. We are hoping that the 1st manufacture run will be complete by end of October, barring any delays, so delivery would not be till towards the end of the year. We can however arrange for air shipping if speed is of the essence.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Damn the exchange rate. So can you guarantee the standard high flow cats pass U.K. Emissions tests and don't light up any warning lights?
I don't want to pay 2.5k for green cats if I can get away with standard cats on a daily driver.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Damn the exchange rate. So can you guarantee the standard high flow cats pass U.K. Emissions tests and don't light up any warning lights?
I don't want to pay 2.5k for green cats if I can get away with standard cats on a daily driver.
Hi we can't guarantee anything, as it will be the car being tested and not just the cat but I can say that the standard cats should happily pass emissions test in the UK. Also good high flow cats tend to not light light warning lights but can occasionally do so. If it lights it can easily be checked and turned off again with your SCT x4 if you run a tune, or just a cheap obd tool from ebay etc. The Green cats are much better rated both temp wise and emissions wise but standard should see you good. Note on high power cars (550 rwhp +), the raised temps etc will kill the standard cats so Green cats will be a must.

Also to answer a point above from [MENTION=22033]WOLFMAN[/MENTION] with Steeda "Tunes for life" program once you are part of the program, and do standard upgrades, then you can get a free new tune to reflect the new hardware.

Also regarding headers and tuning. Without a tune you will still see a benefit but for maximum benefit to accrue a tune is highly recommended.

Hope that helps!

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Are any HP, torque figures, dyno runs, charts showing the gains for both size headers?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

I have to say I am shocked at Steeda's pricing for these, they are vastly overpriced, so I have high hopes for some nice discount on the group buy otherwise I am just gonna order a set of RHD headers from Australia and save near as dammit over £500.

Also I am confused:
Kooks catted 1 7/8 headers from CJ Pony with 8% discount are $1576.00

Yet the same headers (RHD) are £1999.99 from Steeda.

So $1576 / 1.27 = £1250.00 plus 20% VAT = £1500

I fully understand Steeda need to make a profit but even at the above price their is profit for the reseller. Of course there is shipping from US but Steeda will be doing just as I do for my company filling a container and sending via sea freight to reduce shipping cost so each set will cost no more than £100 to ship via sea freight.

For reference CJ charge $593 for air freight which includes duties/taxes pre-paid, so total cost from CJ air freighted is £1700 landed in the UK by air including all taxes paid.

Bear in mind CJ already have a profit on the Kooks and can deliver them in the UK for £1700 though obviously LHD version.

So Steeda really seem to be charging a pretty penny for these, I am in the wrong business as to be making around £500 profit per each set of headers is OTT. Unless of course Steeda include fitting in their prices. ;)

Hoping for big things on the group buy otherwise I am gonna go with one of the Australian options:-

Steetfighter 1 7/8 ceramic coated with 100cpi cats is $2400 AUD delivered by air which is around £1500 which is good value as these are already ceramic coated which cost around £300 to do, the downside is 100cpi cats will be touch and go come to MOT time.

Then Xforce 1 7/8 headers with 100cpi cats are $1900 AUD delivered by air are around £1100, but the quality of these is not as good as Streetfighter or Kooks and can be clearly seen from the welds.

I am hopeful Steeda can offer a good group buy price, I am also aware of some other UK suppliers of Kooks so will check their prices also and I also believe Scorpion in the UK are looking to sort some headers for the Mustang. I do not mind paying for quality but at the same time I am not keen on being ripped off either and sorry but the prices quoted give me that feeling.

One thing I dislike about the Kooks is the neck down to 2.5" where it connects to catbacks, this is annoying for those of us with 3" catbacks, Steetfighter and Xforce are 3" true systems.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there

I have to say I am shocked at Steeda's pricing for these, they are vastly overpriced, so I have high hopes for some nice discount on the group buy otherwise I am just gonna order a set of RHD headers from Australia and save near as dammit over £500.

Also I am confused:
Kooks catted 1 7/8 headers from CJ Pony with 8% discount are $1576.00

Yet the same headers (RHD) are £1999.99 from Steeda.

So $1576 / 1.27 = £1250.00 plus 20% VAT = £1500

I fully understand Steeda need to make a profit but even at the above price their is profit for the reseller. Of course there is shipping from US but Steeda will be doing just as I do for my company filling a container and sending via sea freight to reduce shipping cost so each set will cost no more than £100 to ship via sea freight.

For reference CJ charge $593 for air freight which includes duties/taxes pre-paid, so total cost from CJ air freighted is £1700 landed in the UK by air including all taxes paid.

Bear in mind CJ already have a profit on the Kooks and can deliver them in the UK for £1700 though obviously LHD version.

So Steeda really seem to be charging a pretty penny for these, I am in the wrong business as to be making around £500 profit per each set of headers is OTT. Unless of course Steeda include fitting in their prices. ;)

Hoping for big things on the group buy otherwise I am gonna go with one of the Australian options:-

Steetfighter 1 7/8 ceramic coated with 100cpi cats is $2400 AUD delivered by air which is around £1500 which is good value as these are already ceramic coated which cost around £300 to do, the downside is 100cpi cats will be touch and go come to MOT time.

Then Xforce 1 7/8 headers with 100cpi cats are $1900 AUD delivered by air are around £1100, but the quality of these is not as good as Streetfighter or Kooks and can be clearly seen from the welds.

I am hopeful Steeda can offer a good group buy price, I am also aware of some other UK suppliers of Kooks so will check their prices also and I also believe Scorpion in the UK are looking to sort some headers for the Mustang. I do not mind paying for quality but at the same time I am not keen on being ripped off either and sorry but the prices quoted give me that feeling.
Totally agree Gibbo. For that money you could get something custom built in ti from someone local. I will probably end up with kooks but I won't be buying in the uk at that price. Far better to ship via other means, just wish i had my old contacts at mildenhall still for next day air freight.

OP
OP
Steeda UK

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The prices are based on Kooks retail pricing, which starts at $1708 for a decat and goes through to $2538 for green catted 1 7/8" system.

Also regarding 'true 3" systems', the Kooks system can be a true 3" system if you buy their complete exhaust including headers. No aftermarket catback (unless part of a complete system as well) will be true 3" as they MUST come down to OEM size in order to connect to the OEM front side.

Our intro offer will be lowering prices too. I'm not sure where you got your figures from but CJ Pony air shipping costs $1,100 ish on a set of Kooks headers, making their cost of the decat system WELL OVER £2000. Our prices aim to stay competitive, but we are not driven purely on price but on personal service and our UK base as well.
Sponsored