Sponsored

Kooks Headers +which exhaust?

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Thinking of changing my cat back out for a new one. Currently have the Borla S type. Just interested to know what others are running with Kooks long tube headers? Any videos of your set ups are most welcome.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I went Corsa Sport due to the full intention of going headers as they maintain their deep tone even with headers whereas most axle backs turn into a rasp mess with headers.

But as I wont be doing headers, I fitted Corsa extreme as such my Corsa sport (touring axle backs) are for sale if your interested. :)

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION], what's he running?

OP
OP

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
I went Corsa Sport due to the full intention of going headers as they maintain their deep tone even with headers whereas most axle backs turn into a rasp mess with headers.

But as I wont be doing headers, I fitted Corsa extreme as such my Corsa sport (touring axle backs) are for sale if your interested. :)
Thanks for the reply and offer mate. The guy who is interested in my exhaust is after the full system as the boxes have 3" pipes and he has stock at the moment. It works out cheaper for me too to sell this and buy new. Thinking Corsa extreme, borla atak or magnaflow comp. Just pairing one of these with headers is the choice I need to make. Had Roush axles on when headers went on and it was bloody awful. Just noise! So want to make sure I get a good tone to go with the loudness I'm after.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather

Sponsored

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Kooks with green cats and Ford Racing/Borla Touring and X pipe.:thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Thanks for the reply and offer mate. The guy who is interested in my exhaust is after the full system as the boxes have 3" pipes and he has stock at the moment. It works out cheaper for me too to sell this and buy new. Thinking Corsa extreme, borla atak or magnaflow comp. Just pairing one of these with headers is the choice I need to make. Had Roush axles on when headers went on and it was bloody awful. Just noise! So want to make sure I get a good tone to go with the loudness I'm after.

If I was to fit headers I would re-fit my Corsa Sport, so I'd not buy Corsa Extreme if I was you because with headers the noise is not only stupidly loud but horribly raspy.

So I'd avoid the extremes if I was you. If you want max volume whilst having tone still the Borla Atak is hard to beat, the Corsa Sport is a good loud middle ground with tone and the Borla touring with resonator is very mild and has good tone but probably too quiet for you. All of those are also zero drone setups.

OP
OP

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
If I was to fit headers I would re-fit my Corsa Sport, so I'd not buy Corsa Extreme if I was you because with headers the noise is not only stupidly loud but horribly raspy.

So I'd avoid the extremes if I was you. If you want max volume whilst having tone still the Borla Atak is hard to beat, the Corsa Sport is a good loud middle ground with tone and the Borla touring with resonator is very mild and has good tone but probably too quiet for you. All of those are also zero drone setups.
The borla atak is what my head and heart are telling me to get. I think paired with my headers it will be truly awesome.I put a borla resonator on with the Roush axles and yes it was too tame for my liking. The borla are from what I've experienced and read great in eliminating drone and am more than confident in buying another one. Only one way to find out I suppose.:cheers:

OP
OP

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Kooks with green cats and Ford Racing/Borla Touring and X pipe.:thumbsup:
Oh I heard that set up down at Modurstang a while back. All I'll say is you must have very understanding neighbours.:lol::eyebulge:

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I've got the Borla touring catback and the kooks headers. It's quite loud enough....

Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Just upgraded to Borla GT350R active Atak direct from borla usa
Bolted to kooks headers ceramic coated and 200 cell green cats. There's no point having a loud colour and a quite exhaust it has loud and louder remote active valves ha ha ha

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
and sheps now has his heart set on that ;)!
Sponsored