Sponsored

Koni Yellow adjustable struts(Instruction manual)

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
<lots >

Norm
OK, all of that. You're not wrong on any of it.

I'm still not seeing the corpses. Are camber bolts 'correct',? No, they're a bandaid. If you aren't an imbecile, though, will they do the job their meant to do? Yes.

I bought the Eibach version. It might be a hokey part, but at least it's a name brand hokey part.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
OK, all of that. You're not wrong on any of it.

I'm still not seeing the corpses. Are camber bolts 'correct',? No, they're a bandaid. If you aren't an imbecile, though, will they do the job their meant to do? Yes.

I bought the Eibach version. It might be a hokey part, but at least it's a name brand hokey part.
Let's just say I've had bad experiences with certain mission-critical fasteners that had obviously been seriously over torqued at least once (by somebody else), and a suspension failure that could have had serious consequences had it not happened where it did. So I tend to be very conservative about stuff like this so I know I've done the best I could to avoid any further situations where I might suddenly wish I'd not taken the easy/cheap way out.

I'd still try to find a way to close up the gaps between the Eibach bolts and the strut tab holes or find some other means of improving resistance to slippage. Been down this road, too, with OE bolts in strut holes drilled slightly oversize for the same reason of getting more negative camber for autocross (different car, but that's irrelevant).

Norm

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
If you're going to go with Sportlines you'll have to address bumpsteer.

OP
OP
kg2194

kg2194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kris
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt PP1
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to go with Sportlines you'll have to address bumpsteer.
Yea i already pulled the sportlines out. The car did not feel right with them in. I felt if i was going to run them is the bumpsteer kit, and a few other things as well . any suggestions with the pro kit vs steeda vs ford racing vs bmr? i assume like for like they must all be similar right?

OP
OP
kg2194

kg2194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kris
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Let's just say I've had bad experiences with certain mission-critical fasteners that had obviously been seriously over torqued at least once (by somebody else), and a suspension failure that could have had serious consequences had it not happened where it did. So I tend to be very conservative about stuff like this so I know I've done the best I could to avoid any further situations where I might suddenly wish I'd not taken the easy/cheap way out.

I'd still try to find a way to close up the gaps between the Eibach bolts and the strut tab holes or find some other means of improving resistance to slippage. Been down this road, too, with OE bolts in strut holes drilled slightly oversize for the same reason of getting more negative camber for autocross (different car, but that's irrelevant).

Norm
i really appreciate the info norm, i pulled the sportlines out. any brand you like better than another brand for a 1" drop?

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
i really appreciate the info norm, i pulled the sportlines out. any brand you like better than another brand for a 1" drop?
This is also going to be determined by how much spring stiffness you want to be dealing with.

For a more stockish ride, I think BMR's SP080 kit would be an appropriate choice, though you'll have to call them to find out how much they'll lower your car (it's not in their current advertising). Other choices would be Steeda's Linear or Ultralight Linear or possibly their Progressives.

Further up into the cornering/handling realm, I like BMR's SP083 Handling springs (check with them for lowering). These are slightly firmer than GT350R spring rates, somewhat softer than Sportlines up front and about the same as Sportline rears but without without the excessive drop. I'm only looking at the Sportline high rates because you do get there at times.

Norm

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yea i already pulled the sportlines out. The car did not feel right with them in. I felt if i was going to run them is the bumpsteer kit, and a few other things as well . any suggestions with the pro kit vs steeda vs ford racing vs bmr? i assume like for like they must all be similar right?
Good decision ditching the sportlines. They're good for going low for the hard parkers but terrible for geometry. The pro kit is a fine spring and only about 1" drop. Would you benefit from roll center correction in the control arms and bumpsteer kit? Yeah. As for brand of springs, depends on low you want to go and how high of a spring rate to run. Generally speaking higher rates will be better for handling purposes as it adds roll resistance, similar to a sway bar but imo better.

The Konis have enough damping for BMR SP083 handling springs, which are about as stiff as you can go from a pure linear spring rate perspective (without going to a coilover spring that is). Would make for an aggressive street car, but you may not want to go that far.

I am a fan of linear rate springs. A constant rate is easier for the damper to control. Ford Racing track spring uses a dual rate spring for the rear, a thing possibly to consider. This allows a portion of the spring to be in a lower rate until it compresses, moving then into a higher rate portion.

You may find running too a low spring rate - your setup may become overdamped. I ran into this issue running BMR SP080s and Koni Yellow Adjustables. I have not run the SP083 with those dampers but I have been told that they are a good match. You will get a firm ride quality which you may or may not be comfortable with. Everybody's preferences are different.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
This is also going to be determined by how much spring stiffness you want to be dealing with.

For a more stockish ride, I think BMR's SP080 kit would be an appropriate choice, though you'll have to call them to find out how much they'll lower your car (it's not in their current advertising). Other choices would be Steeda's Linear or Ultralight Linear or possibly their Progressives.

Further up into the cornering/handling realm, I like BMR's SP083 Handling springs (check with them for lowering). These are slightly firmer than GT350R spring rates, somewhat softer than Sportlines up front and about the same as Sportline rears but without without the excessive drop. I'm only looking at the Sportline high rates because you do get there at times.

Norm
This is great advice, Norm. Although maybe not the most common setup for most people, I've been very happy with my SP083 springs and the Ford track dampers. The ride is very firm (which I like) and there are certainly situations on bad roads where you give up comfort, but in my case it's been a worthwhile tradeoff for cornering confidence and overall handling improvement.

But as you stated the OP needs to determine what type of situation suits the best.
Sponsored