2018 GT
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I've recently developed the same thing, it seems to be coming from somewhere around the speaker in my door. I'm not sure what it is but I'll probably take the speaker out and look once I figure out how.

OP
OP

svis326

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I opened up the kick panel today and unclipped some of the fuses from their plastic harnesses. I think the brackets on the larger fuses (not the BCM itself) are the issue. So far so issues, but I'm sure I'll hear the sound again.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
You know what..I think that you might be onto something. I was playing around with that fuse box a couple weeks ago, and I don't think I had the noise before then.

OP
OP

svis326

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Well, the sound returned on my way home today. I'm still convinced the BCM area is the issue. I guess this is going to be a very long game of trial and error.

Sponsored

OP
OP

svis326

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Try this ..

Thanks for the input, but I am certain it is not the seat.

I'm going to check the heat shield on the passenger side this weekend. If that's not it, I'm baffled.

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP

Hey, check this video out, Auto Fanatic addresses the rattles in his videos and shows a fix as well, I did this and it worked out perfectly for me, no more buzzes or rattles anywhere in the car.

OP
OP

svis326

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Hey, check this video out, Auto Fanatic addresses the rattles in his videos and shows a fix as well, I did this and it worked out perfectly for me, no more buzzes or rattles anywhere in the car.
That's not it either :crying:

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP

He has this video too, I know I had kick panel rattle, and the first video I posted did actually fix it for me. Check his other one out to see if that one will fix it, he also has one for the shifter area, and fixes the rattle around there too.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
And here I was thinking I was going nuts.

My 19 passenger side rattles. It’s definitely a metallic rattle sound...almost like a click. It doesn’t do it all the time either. I had my girlfriend pushing and pulling on the panel while she was sitting there to see if she could isolate the sounds and no luck.

I’ll take it into Ford eventually for it...once it puts me on tilt enough and I lose my shit.

A two month old car rattling annoys me.

OP
OP

svis326

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
And here I was thinking I was going nuts.

My 19 passenger side rattles. It’s definitely a metallic rattle sound...almost like a click. It doesn’t do it all the time either. I had my girlfriend pushing and pulling on the panel while she was sitting there to see if she could isolate the sounds and no luck.

I’ll take it into Ford eventually for it...once it puts me on tilt enough and I lose my shit.

A two month old car rattling annoys me.
You described my problem better than I could. The sound comes and goes which makes the dealer's ability to find it even harder. I have been to the dealer no lie roughly 5-6 problems for this issue. I've had my passenger side door molding replaced and side rocker refastened with no luck. If your dealer winds up finding a fix, would you mind letting me know what they did so I don't go batshit crazy?

Oh, and I am starting to think the sound is coming from outside the car. I can hear it start when the car rolls forward in first gear. The sound is certainly a metallic click. I know there is a headshield in that area that runs along the midpipe that could be hitting something. Then again, who knows.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
You described my problem better than I could. The sound comes and goes which makes the dealer's ability to find it even harder. I have been to the dealer no lie roughly 5-6 problems for this issue. I've had my passenger side door molding replaced and side rocker refastened with no luck. If your dealer winds up finding a fix, would you mind letting me know what they did so I don't go batshit crazy?

Oh, and I am starting to think the sound is coming from outside the car. I can hear it start when the car rolls forward in first gear. The sound is certainly a metallic click. I know there is a headshield in that area that runs along the midpipe that could be hitting something. Then again, who knows.
Good idea on the heatshield.

I definitely will let you know if they find something. I haven't heard it since last weekend but I only drove it twice this week. The crazy thing is that it isn't constant nor does it do it all the time when I hit bumps, which you think it would if something was loose.

OP
OP

svis326

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Good idea on the heatshield.

I definitely will let you know if they find something. I haven't heard it since last weekend but I only drove it twice this week. The crazy thing is that it isn't constant nor does it do it all the time when I hit bumps, which you think it would if something was loose.
Whatever it is, I'm thinking it may be temperature related. I don't hear it early in the morning when I'm driving to work, but I will hear it on my way home. I keep my car in the garage overnight and it sits out in an open lot when I'm at work. The dealer dissembled the body control module behind the kick panel and put a foam pad between it and the metal bracket which didn't help. I've also ridden with the kick panel off and didn't see anything that is loose and would make a clicking noise.

OP
OP

svis326

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
The noise is back in full force today. Bump for some help!

I already checked my rocker panel for loose pins. Everything seems to be secured. The sound is definitely coming from the outside.
Sponsored