Sponsored

Keep blowing fuse #40

Jhalil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1
We’re working on a 2021 GT. We just installed a ported manifold with lockouts and did oil pump gears. The car was driving great and then suddenly we blew fuse 40 (vehicle power 2). This fuse powers the O2s, VCTs and a number of other essential sensors keeping us from doing WOT pulls. I’ve read through other posts on this issue but haven’t found a solution that works for me. We’ve checked over the harness and replaced the O2 sensors but are still getting a blown fuse. We’re pulling the manifold now in hopes to find a bad wire. Anyone got anything else we should check? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jhalil101

Jhalil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
image.jpg
Just update we pulled the engine harness and are gonna check everything one at a time

NZGUL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
image.jpg
Just update we pulled the engine harness and are gonna check everything one at a time
Having all sorts of issues mostly related to the VCT solenoids, even replaced with the FP ones. #40 tripped every HPDE session this past Saturday, only 300 miles on new solenoids and pigtails. Has to be related to an electrical issue? Any ideas?

OP
OP
Jhalil101

Jhalil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having all sorts of issues mostly related to the VCT solenoids, even replaced with the FP ones. #40 tripped every HPDE session this past Saturday, only 300 miles on new solenoids and pigtails. Has to be related to an electrical issue? Any ideas?
I had a short on wire for the rear O2. The edge of the transmission rubbed through the wire. Addressed that and never has an issue again.

NZGUL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had a short on wire for the rear O2. The edge of the transmission rubbed through the wire. Addressed that and never has an issue again.
Ok thanks for the update
Sponsored