Sponsored

K member brace question

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
I’m thinking about getting a k member brace for my 2019 ecoboost performance pack and can’t figure out which one I should buy.

The car is my wife’s DD, so it won’t be driven very hard on a daily basis.

With that said, on weekends when I drive it gets driven hard, and my wife will drive an autocross or track day as well.

So I’m torn between steeda and BMR. I’m a fan of both companies, have many BMR parts on my Challenger, and have a few steeda parts on the mustang already.

Also, I’m torn between a 2 point or a 4 point.

Which would you or did you choose and why?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Our K-member will be available shortly - https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/“steeda’s-new-s550-drag-racing-k-member.114790/page-2#post-2440201

When it is available, we will give you the details :)

TJ
He's talking about the G-Trac 2 and 4pt braces!

Simple answer for you @Kboeh is that the 4 will add more rigidity than the 2, but the 2 is a simpler install. Either should fit on your car just fine and the difference between the two for Steeda (which I've gone with for the majority of my parts, they're great) is about $80.

I plan on the 2 point because I'm definitely not going to be doing any hardcore track driving in this car and there is plenty of good feedback on "just" the 2 pt one.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about that - Yes, what Nagare said lol

OP
OP

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
He's talking about the G-Trac 2 and 4pt braces!

Simple answer for you @Kboeh is that the 4 will add more rigidity than the 2, but the 2 is a simpler install. Either should fit on your car just fine and the difference between the two for Steeda (which I've gone with for the majority of my parts, they're great) is about $80.

I plan on the 2 point because I'm definitely not going to be doing any hardcore track driving in this car and there is plenty of good feedback on "just" the 2 pt one.
Thanks for the quick response. Any reason you choose steeda over BMR? Price aside, as I have a coupon code for BMR to make them basically the same price.

(PM me if you want the code, it isn’t a one time use)

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the quick response. Any reason you choose steeda over BMR? Price aside, as I have a coupon code for BMR to make them basically the same price.

(PM me if you want the code, it isn’t a one time use)
Steeda makes good parts, are local to me, and they have a great team that supports their products. I've met the owner a couple of times as well and have never been treated with anything but kindness and respect. If you have any install issues, they have support staff on the phone and on the forum (@tj@steeda, @Jigar@Steeda, and @SteedaTech) although it really shouldn't be anything other than clearing out the punched metal tabs.

TJ can also hook you up with a coupon code too I'm sure!

I don't have anything against BMR, the CB005 kit was one of the first parts I bought but my Steeda parts have been great and the service from the team has been phenomenal.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
P.M. coming your way!

TJ

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I have a question regarding this as well. It looks like the Steeda and bmr braces are similar but mount at different locations on the subframe. Does one location offer an advantage over the other?

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Correct, as @Nagare mentioned, the 4-point will give more rigidity for sure and is definitely noticeable. The 4-point is the route to go if you don't plan on running headers and want the most out of the k-member braces. We offered the 2-point for those that still want a brace to help stiffen the chassis without any fitment/clearance issues with running headers.

OP
OP

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
Correct, as @Nagare mentioned, the 4-point will give more rigidity for sure and is definitely noticeable. The 4-point is the route to go if you don't plan on running headers and want the most out of the k-member braces. We offered the 2-point for those that still want a brace to help stiffen the chassis without any fitment/clearance issues with running headers.
Thanks guys. Ended up ordering a 2 point brace just so I know it won't interfere with an aftermarket downpipe that might be in the future.

Sponsored

zhent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. Ended up ordering a 2 point brace just so I know it won't interfere with an aftermarket downpipe that might be in the future.
I have the Steeda 4-point and it in no way interferes with an aftermarket downpipe on the EB.

Pic for reference
45855473465_e8b2e29266_b.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking about getting a k member brace for my 2019 ecoboost performance pack and can’t figure out which one I should buy.

The car is my wife’s DD, so it won’t be driven very hard on a daily basis.

With that said, on weekends when I drive it gets driven hard, and my wife will drive an autocross or track day as well.

So I’m torn between steeda and BMR. I’m a fan of both companies, have many BMR parts on my Challenger, and have a few steeda parts on the mustang already.

Also, I’m torn between a 2 point or a 4 point.

Which would you or did you choose and why?
I wouldn't bother with any of them for what you use the car for.

A much better use of money would be tension links with bearings, and RLCA bearings. Get the rubber out (and Ford's stupid indexing teeth on the bushings, which force bushing twist during suspension movement)!

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I wouldn't bother with any of them for what you use the car for.

A much better use of money would be tension links with bearings, and RLCA bearings. Get the rubber out (and Ford's stupid indexing teeth on the bushings, which force bushing twist during suspension movement)!
Hi @BmacIL are you referring to the Steeda tension links? Which from reading elsewhere needs to be used with the bump steer kit?

Or as you've done replace the PP bushing in the tension links with bearings?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hi @BmacIL are you referring to the Steeda tension links? Which from reading elsewhere needs to be used with the bump steer kit?

Or as you've done replace the PP bushing in the tension links with bearings?
Depends on how much you're lowered. More than 1" drop, and I'd probably lean towards roll center correction kit (which includes hump steer kit).

I'd definitely do the tension link bearings regardless, and if you don't have the PP, lateral links with bearings, with or without the roll center correction.

OP
OP

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
I have the Steeda 4-point and it in no way interferes with an aftermarket downpipe on the EB.

Pic for reference
45855473465_e8b2e29266_b.jpg
When I had a conversation with someone at steeda they said there was a downpipe that was very close to contacting so I decided to just get the 2 point to be safe. Plus for half the price it will still add plenty of rigidity compared to stock for my uses.
Sponsored