Just Ordered 2020 Rapid Red GT PP1

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Hi everyone. This is my first post and first American car. I finally found dealers who would order the car as I had to go to 6 different dealers to find 2 who said they could do it. It’s really strange and a different experience from the German cars I ordered as that was much more seamless.

I had my heart set on a Camaro SS and honestly, the SS feels much faster and is a more pure sports car. I just couldn’t get over the trunk space and visibility issue.

Anyway.....I ordered a premium in Rapid Red, magnaride, 10-speed, PP1, active exhaust, 401A and a few other options. MSRP= Almost $54,000. After going back and forth between both dealers, the best deal I could get was at “invoice”, which is a made up number that means nothing and 0% at 72 months financing. They say It’ll take 12 weeks.

From what I have gathered on the internet is that GM is generally higher quality and the camaro uses better parts. It’s strange the camaro has 8-way and 6-way (passenger) power seats while the Mustang has downgraded to 6 and 4 way seats. Either way, this is a daily driver so the Mustang wins for me for other reasons.

Love this forum and cant wait to post pics and see all of yours.
Sponsored

Reactions: Fjc

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Take it from someone who has owned many and I do mean many car brands including several Chevy's and Ford's. Chevy's are not higher quality and they certainly don't use better parts.
My wife's cousin owns a car rental business and has nothing but Chevy's because they are the cheapest cars to get at auction. They all have issues. I had a neighbor trade his Corvette in after only 1 year because of issues. One thing with Ford's from my experience is they are a hit or miss. Some people have issues galore and others never a problem.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Hi everyone. This is my first post and first American car. I finally found dealers who would order the car as I had to go to 6 different dealers to find 2 who said they could do it. It’s really strange and a different experience from the German cars I ordered as that was much more seamless.

I had my heart set on a Camaro SS and honestly, the SS feels much faster and is a more pure sports car. I just couldn’t get over the trunk space and visibility issue.

Anyway.....I ordered a premium in Rapid Red, magnaride, 10-speed, PP1, active exhaust, 401A and a few other options. MSRP= Almost $54,000. After going back and forth between both dealers, the best deal I could get was at “invoice”, which is a made up number that means nothing and 0% at 72 months financing. They say It’ll take 12 weeks.

From what I have gathered on the internet is that GM is generally higher quality and the camaro uses better parts. It’s strange the camaro has 8-way and 6-way (passenger) power seats while the Mustang has downgraded to 6 and 4 way seats. Either way, this is a daily driver so the Mustang wins for me for other reasons.

Love this forum and cant wait to post pics and see all of yours.
What dealer?

Also - you'll have fun tracking your order.

First Mod - X-pel the shit out of the car and keep that paint pretty.

OP
OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
What dealer?

Also - you'll have fun tracking your order.

First Mod - X-pel the shit out of the car and keep that paint pretty.

I got it from Tuttle-Click Ford in Irvine. I’d love to track the order but they didn’t say anything about it. I actually put the order in about 2 weeks ago. Do you get a link? I’ll definitely get the X-pel. Roughly how much is it? Good advice. Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Take it from someone who has owned many and I do mean many car brands including several Chevy's and Ford's. Chevy's are not higher quality and they certainly don't use better parts.
My wife's cousin owns a car rental business and has nothing but Chevy's because they are the cheapest cars to get at auction. They all have issues. I had a neighbor trade his Corvette in after only 1 year because of issues. One thing with Ford's from my experience is they are a hit or miss. Some people have issues galore and others never a problem.
The hit or miss action is scary. But I’ve had german cars be total nightmares too. By researching the heck out of things you realize that Ford downgraded the seats and even the horn, lol so you kind of wonder, “what else did they cheap out on?” My understanding is the camaro has power recaros as an option. Either way, to my eye, the Mustang looks and sounds better and I just love the Rapid Red.

Do you recommend the Service plans and/or the extended warranties? Is the Flood Ford warranty really the same?

The warranty they offered at the dealership was the 7 year 100,000 and was like $4,000.

Sponsored

Doc69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger, 2020 HP Ecoboost in November
Congratulations !

I ordered an Oxford White HPP Ecoboost on October 24th..
Best of Luck !

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
The hit or miss action is scary. But I’ve had german cars be total nightmares too. By researching the heck out of things you realize that Ford downgraded the seats and even the horn, lol so you kind of wonder, “what else did they cheap out on?” My understanding is the camaro has power recaros as an option. Either way, to my eye, the Mustang looks and sounds better and I just love the Rapid Red.

Do you recommend the Service plans and/or the extended warranties? Is the Flood Ford warranty really the same?

The warranty they offered at the dealership was the 7 year 100,000 and was like $4,000.
Keep in mind the ESP is from original date on entry in to service. So if you wait until 35 months and 35000 miles to buy one, it's not 7 years from then. My last mustang I bought esp through flood or maybe it was the other dealer, champion maybe or something. I waited until last minute to see if my a.c. would break before 36k miles. Thankfully I bought one bc the evaporator did fail post OEM warranty.

With my 18 I'm not worried about it.

And yes flood is usually much cheaper

NC STANG GUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 A10 GT 99 Terminator swapped Cobra vert 93 LX hatch 90 LX coupe
Vehicle Showcase

If you are going to buy a Ford extended warranty look at other dealers online. Just for example I looked at floodfordesp.com for a 2020 GT with say 1,000 miles on it and a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty with some extras was just over $1300. This was for the top of the line Premium Care.

OP
OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
If you are going to buy a Ford extended warranty look at other dealers online. Just for example I looked at floodfordesp.com for a 2020 GT with say 1,000 miles on it and a 7 year/100,000 mile warranty with some extras was just over $1300.
Sounds good! What about Ford maintenance plans, are they worth it? I may get it because I need loaner cars and Ford dealers generally don’t give those.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt

Well I've had my mustang for 3 years now and I've beat on it hard. It doesn't have a ton of miles but that miles it has have been hard earned. And I've had zero real issues. A lot of "paranoid" issues that pop up when you look at forums everyday but the car has been nothing but flawless.

Recently just did a business trip to death valley. Drove about 1200 miles in 2 days, got solid gas milage, had fun and best of all never had anything even resembling a problem!

Every car company sacrifices quality in one area to focus improvements in another. Unless of course you're spending upwards of 100k usually in that segment you get to have your cake and eat it too!

Sponsored

‘19 GeeTee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I came from an '18 Camaro SS and while it's more "torquey" for sure, I enjoy driving my '19 Mustang GT more(both manual). Also, the front end of the '19 Camaro is hideous, IMO.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I got it from Tuttle-Click Ford in Irvine. I’d love to track the order but they didn’t say anything about it. I actually put the order in about 2 weeks ago. Do you get a link? I’ll definitely get the X-pel. Roughly how much is it? Good advice. Thanks!
Call them in 2-3 weeks and ask for a VIN - then you can track it. (Google Ford order tracking for the website)

Full hood, full front, full front quarter panels, rockers, a-pillars, roof cap, mirrors, custom patch in front of the rears, patch behind the rears, fuel door, fuel "drip" patch and a patch below the "GT" logo to close the trunk. All in about $2500. Go to Clear-Pro in Murrieta- best installer in So Cal.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
One plan that's worth it is the road hazard. It pays for itself if you ever get a nail or a flat. The prices of these z rated tires are crazy.
I just had a huge bolt in my rear tire.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I just recently switched from a 2018 Corvette GS 7spd to my 2019 GT 6spd. Trust me, GM is not higher quality. Wheel cracking problems, transmission problems, cheap trim, etc.
I honestly enjoy driving my GT more. The clutch grabs better and the seats are more comfortable.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Food 4 Thought
Speaking of body wraps, gave some thought to that. After researching, a wrap will need to be replaced every 5 -7 years, that is a consistent time frame.

Polishing a car the size of the Mustang, is no big deal. Could knock that out is a couple of hours or three, wash & wax.
While talking paint, does anyone know the paint Ford uses, for instance GM sprays 3m ?

Pep
Sponsored