...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Great plate! Congrats on the car :thumbsup:

Excellent that your dealer did exactly as you asked however as much as I see the point in not having the paintwork prepped, I don't really get having the interior left as well. I'd be fairly gutted to pick up my car like that (I appreciate you aren't) and cleaning the dirt out of the speaker grilles will be a royal pain. I know my car will be in that state when delivered but I don't need to know about it!

My car will be fully prepped cos i want to spend the first days driving it rather than cleaning it. If that means spending a bit more cash at a detailer down the line then so be it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB

Excellent that your dealer did exactly as you asked however as much as I see the point in not having the paintwork prepped, I don't really get having the interior left as well. I'd be fairly gutted to pick up my car like that (I appreciate you aren't) and cleaning the dirt out of the speaker grilles will be a royal pain. I know my car will be in that state when delivered but I don't need to know about it!

My car will be fully prepped cos i want to spend the first days driving it rather than cleaning it. If that means spending a bit more cash at a detailer down the line then so be it.
Each to their own - but from experience, the best way of discovering any issues is to prep the car yourself. I will then have been over every inch of it and will have also prepared bits that the dealer would never even touch. Driving it for a few days is great - but if you then discover something, dealer has every right to say 'car park ding' or suchlike.

I'll give you an example (based on the speaker grilles you cite). Dealer would just wipe them down, so all the crud falls inside onto the cone, whereas I will use a vac with a brush attachmentso all the crud comes out. As Ron Dennis would say "I don't have OCD, I just like things to be 'right'"

Dealer has agreed that any issues will be rectified as long as I notify in a reasonable timescale. So that's the weekend sorted.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16

Ditto. I also want to use mine straightaway plus I want to see any major defects on pick up and I've had good reports on their prep from another customer. Most of all though I didn't pay 40 grand for a brand new car so I could prep it myself before I can use it.

Picking up at 13.00 tomorrow!!! Can't quite believe it's here. One day short of a year, so bang on time according to the prediction on ordering day! :D

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Each to their own - but from experience, the best way of discovering any issues is to prep the car yourself. I will then have been over every inch of it and will have also prepared bits that the dealer would never even touch. Driving it for a few days is great - but if you then discover something, dealer has every right to say 'car park ding' or suchlike.

Dealer has agreed that any issues will be rectified as long as I notify in a reasonable timescale. So that's the weekend sorted.
I do completely agree with you but I'm a relative novice to all this despite my years and I'm more likely to cause more damage by doing it myself! Will give it a good going over at the dealer but i'll still be discovering transit-inflicted dings two months down the line :)

Again, congrats on the car and have a great Easter weekend making it sparkle :thumbsup:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Ditto. I also want to use mine straightaway plus I want to see any major defects on pick up and I've had good reports on their prep from another customer. Most of all though I didn't pay 40 grand for a brand new car so I could prep it myself before I can use it.

Picking up at 13.00 tomorrow!!! Can't quite believe it's here. One day short of a year, so bang on time according to the prediction on ordering day! :D
Congrats also! I really wouldn't fancy prepping my own ragtop :)

I'm gonna hit the 400 day mark but hopefully not too much longer.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Love that plate stiggy!!! Congratulations on the smooth pickup and have fun rubbing your baby (the car!!!) Tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Beautiful car mate :thumbsup:

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Good luck with the pickup - I've only crawled home in it (to stop bonnet cover flapping about!) so far, but already know it's leagues ahead of the S197 I had before.

Enjoy!

davidb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT V8 Fastback; Elise S1 111S; BMW 320d ED
In the PDI bay I expect. Will keep an eye out for you though :)
Ditto - despite doing a lot of miles for work I still haven't actually seen one on the road yet!

Sponsored

RSPcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. Mini 30. Q5
Just how i had mine mate although i let a trusted detailer do mine. You must be so excited.

Aero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robin
Vehicle(s)
2018 C63 AMG Estate
Congrats mate - loving the DIB :D

Enjoy the detailing! :cool:

Picking my DIB GT (exactly the same as yours but an auto with silver stripes) up on Saturday and seeing yours makes me even more excited!:D

Can't wait! :D

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Congrats mate - loving the DIB :D

Enjoy the detailing! :cool:

Picking my DIB GT (exactly the same as yours but an auto with silver stripes) up on Saturday and seeing yours makes me even more excited!:D

Can't wait! :D
Stripes look great on DIB. Enjoy :)

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just how i had mine mate although i let a trusted detailer do mine. You must be so excited.
Oddly, I'm more excited about detailing it?!?

Best way to get to 'know' the car I reckon :)
Sponsored