OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Nice, thanks for sharing. Shame no longer doing the DIB

Can i ask why you requested Ford didn't fit the number plates?
Because if I do it, it will be done right!

In fairness, I only expected the front not to be fitted, but no issue for me doing both.

Sponsored

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the 'plate :D
Well, seemed churlish not to use an ST16 prefix, given that it's been my nickname for about 20 years! :)

I considered many others (THE, WHO, WTF, OMG, CAR) and the concensus amongst friends was TOY - so there you go :cool:

Col3371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Ruby Red GT
Fantastic.. so pleased for you mate. Love the close ups

davidb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT V8 Fastback; Elise S1 111S; BMW 320d ED
You could say that!

It's home :)
Relatively painless, if average handover (no 'goodies' at all, just a tank of fuel). I asked for the car to be left unprepped and it was. Reg plate mounts in the boot - even stuck them on myself (well, the rear at least ;) ). Every bit of protective film, sticker and even the transit cover all came with the car - so that was good as it's what I'd requested.
Glad you've got it, looks great!

When we were in the US last April we went to a dealer to see a fastback (we'd hired a convertible), there were none in their showroom but they let us have a look at some in their yard - they'd just had a delivery and they were all in exactly the same state as yours looks there!

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
Treated myself to the plate - seemed apposite :thumbsup:
:coolphotos:

Yes, great plate! So they let you take the car just as it came off the transporter - awesome! Really interesting to see all the stickers, cover etc. :clap2:

Greg

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could say that!

Glad you've got it, looks great!

When we were in the US last April we went to a dealer to see a fastback (we'd hired a convertible), there were none in their showroom but they let us have a look at some in their yard - they'd just had a delivery and they were all in exactly the same state as yours looks there!
What spec is yours? There's a Race Red with Parchment interior in the car park awaiting collection. They're now got an EB in white with Saddle (which looked rather nice - I thought the saddle was far more orange, but it's brown) in the showroom.

Sponsored
OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:coolphotos:

Yes, great plate! So they let you take the car just as it came off the transporter - awesome! Really interesting to see all the stickers, cover etc. :clap2:

Greg
Thanks Greg. Yup, I asked for it basically to be as it comes from Ford. Other than a mechanical check (and adding some miles :doh::paddle:) it was as I requested.

I have a fun evening/weekend ahead peeling stickers, washing, polishing and sealing ahead of me. But it does mean my car's paintwork will be prepped properly and not a myriad of swirl marks, which are way more visible on a dark colour like the DIB.

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The car looks great! Great colour choice, mate! :cheers:

davidb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT V8 Fastback; Elise S1 111S; BMW 320d ED
What spec is yours? There's a Race Red with Parchment interior in the car park awaiting collection. They're now got an EB in white with Saddle (which looked rather nice - I thought the saddle was far more orange, but it's brown) in the showroom.
Mine is ruby red with black interior and wheels (all three options but no custom pack) so hopefully it was out the back somewhere getting ready!

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is ruby red with black interior and wheels (all three options but no custom pack) so hopefully it was out the back somewhere getting ready!
In the PDI bay I expect. Will keep an eye out for you though :)