Sponsored

Just got off the phone with Kenne Bell....

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Thanks man.
Always loved the look of that huge Billet Alum block on the top of a motor, just looks bad ass and the goodies inside (rotor pack) is top notch. Make it scream man:muscle:

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Always loved the look of that huge Billet Alum block on the top of a motor, just looks bad ass and the goodies inside (rotor pack) is top notch. Make it scream man:muscle:
Yeah I got a few extras along with the kit including several different pulleys.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
The motormounts don't have to be used but you have to modify the hood. I used the motor mounts and had to shim them up 1/8 of an inch to clear the steering rack casting marks. When you do the install look for 3 casting g mark dots on top of the steering rack. Take a bastard file and sand them down, it takes 2 mins and will save you the agony of massive vibrations later. Also if you don't use the motor mounts you'll need to cut some relief into the hood to clear the massive 5 inch intake. I took out a circle the size of a half dollar to keep it from rubbing.

You'll enjoy your KB. I have a billet 2.8 and it gets attention everywhere. Whines like crazy and makes crazy power. I went with KB because I've had them before and wanted to do something different than everyone else.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
The motormounts don't have to be used but you have to modify the hood. I used the motor mounts and had to shim them up 1/8 of an inch to clear the steering rack casting marks. When you do the install look for 3 casting g mark dots on top of the steering rack. Take a bastard file and sand them down, it takes 2 mins and will save you the agony of massive vibrations later. Also if you don't use the motor mounts you'll need to cut some relief into the hood to clear the massive 5 inch intake. I took out a circle the size of a half dollar to keep it from rubbing.

You'll enjoy your KB. I have a billet 2.8 and it gets attention everywhere. Whines like crazy and makes crazy power. I went with KB because I've had them before and wanted to do something different than everyone else.
Thanks for the tips. Motor mounts are easy enough to change in these cars but ive heard the KB provided ones are obviously a little more harsh/firm than stock. I also had a good experience with KB in the past for my 95, but like I said I was literally an hour away from purchasing the Whipple. In the end I went with what I knew and, like you said, most people that have a PD have a Whipple already.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Can’t wait till next weekend to get it installed. Put on some Ford racing hood struts tonight so the prop rod won’t be in my way the whole time. Guess that means it’s almost time to sell my Steeda CAI. Bought it a couple months ago thinking the SC was going to be a long term project....

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
that 3.2 will be no joke and on e85 i bet itll be all that engine can handle.

Good luck and cant wait to see how it goes!

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
that 3.2 will be no joke and on e85 i bet itll be all that engine can handle.

Good luck and cant wait to see how it goes!
Yeah I can’t wait to get it done. The strange thing about the area I live in now is E85 is pretty regularly available but not a single station in my town has 93 octane. Go figure. When I lived back east 93 was at every station but e85 was nowhere to be found. There are some stations a few towns away though that have 100 octane right at the pump. Since e85 needs a lot more volume to create the same energy though, don’t you need a fairly large injector and / or pump to supply it? I’m still in the beginning phases of learning about the corn fuel since it was never a possibility where I used to live.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
I live in ND and the corn here is everywhere but 93 is hard to find.

The saying about corn is if you have it available why arent you using it!?

It will take a fuel system upgrade but its so worth it!!

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
I live in ND and the corn here is everywhere but 93 is hard to find.

The saying about corn is if you have it available why arent you using it!?

It will take a fuel system upgrade but its so worth it!!
Probably will upgrade at some point but after this purchase I’ll need to space it out some.

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
They provide them but some people have elected to not use them. Centri SCs need high RPM to build boost, twin screws are already cranking right off idle. Look at a torque curve from a centri vs twin screw. The twin will ramp up almost instantly and remain there throughout the RPM.
Funny, back when I had a Vortech I was racing plenty of 3V's with the twin screw and beat them, it didn't need high rpm's, around 2200 it was coming on strong. True the twin screw's make power from the get go, they also have more trouble with traction, the only S197's back then running much faster than mine had engine modifications on top of a blower so yes there are advantages to them, but there are also advantages to the Vortech.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Funny, back when I had a Vortech I was racing plenty of 3V's with the twin screw and beat them, it didn't need high rpm's, around 2200 it was coming on strong. True the twin screw's make power from the get go, they also have more trouble with traction, the only S197's back then running much faster than mine had engine modifications on top of a blower so yes there are advantages to them, but there are also advantages to the Vortech.
I went with a Vortech on my 95 for a month before I ended up selling it, had nothing down low for me until I eclipsed 4K. Didn’t have the problem with the KB, even the little 1.5 I started with. Definitely not trying to bash a centri, it just didn’t have the power for me where I wanted it but I know plenty of people that have them and love them. Pick your poison, it’s all good.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Probably will upgrade at some point but after this purchase I’ll need to space it out some.
You'll need to upgrade the fuel system to run E85

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
You'll need to upgrade the fuel system to run E85
Yeah, that’ll be a future upgrade, not right off the bat. Maybe after the holidays.

OP
OP
zero_chance

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
Gotta love Fedex. Been saying Tuesday delivery since I got my tracking info. I make arrangements for someone to be here on Tuesday to sign.... and they try to deliver it today...
Sponsored